PDA

View Full Version : Question of the update: Daggers VS Bow

Runescape
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Post what you think about it in this thread.

Personally I love bow since your attack far from all monsters and safely. Only problem is, a huge one, Arrows is 1v1 and daggers can attack a stack which make daggers much better then bows. I hope they make bows able to hit multiple enemies or more arrow skills for AOE

Sagacrown
12-19-2012, 10:52 PM
It was easier to PVE with daggers for me but i like the bow atm so i'll stay with it.

ShadowGunX
12-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Dagger: aoe effect; more dmg dealing nd much dps
Bows: 1v1; low dmg nd low dps.

mike1298
12-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Dagger: aoe effect; more dmg dealing nd much dps
Bows: 1v1; low dmg nd low dps.

Lol? My bow gives me a great damage boost. The stats don't show its actual damage boost. Equip them and look at your damage and skill page damage compared to daggers.

Runescape
12-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Lol? My bow gives me a great damage boost. The stats don't show its actual damage boost. Equip them and look at your damage and skill page damage compared to daggers.

my daggers were 107 and bow is 75 dps

ArticBlast
12-20-2012, 07:38 AM
I had a bow and dagger of about similar DPS stat. But when I equipped the bow, I had higher overall DPS.. did you guys find this also?

mike1298
12-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Bow will have lower dps. Dps isn't exactly damage... Speed and damage is dps

ShadowGunX
12-20-2012, 08:12 AM

comparing to dagger; bows hav low dmg nd dps as it is ranged weapon. Daggers i.e. melee should b strong nd r stronger than bows :-)

Runescape
12-20-2012, 11:44 AM
comparing to dagger; bows hav low dmg nd dps as it is ranged weapon. Daggers i.e. melee should b strong nd r stronger than bows :-)

Well whats the point of adding bow if they are ****ty 1v1 weapon

Yakiniku
12-20-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm still on the fence about this one. I've only gotten to try some crappy blue bow, but those funky freezing bows don't look very impressive. In melee, I can at least take some pressure off of the tank and maybe protect the sorcs. With a bow, I'm just basically plucking away with a slow weapon and it's hard to stack Aimed Shot crit. Our AOE isn't the atomic bomb that I hoped it would be, so that's one point against bow for me. In melee, Shadow Storm Shot is a mana drainer and can get you killed since it doesn't provide protection like Razor Shield does.

I'll reserve judgement until I can luck into a better bow, but for now I'm still running around with my 16 ALPs at 19.

/edit

Just read the Shadow Storm Shot thread. Will definitely have to give bow another try once I get a good one. Interesting concept being a distance skill spammer with bow, but will it be better than a sorc in the end?

ArticBlast
12-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Well I'm not sure about comparing with melee rogue. And yeah its a pity there is no stun or knock back arrow effect (SSS maybe?) But I was quite successful with the bow and quite effective with it. Its about hit and run. While you're in the distance you don't get DMG and such.

Swagcity
12-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Bows are sub par compared to daggers. Did multiple respecs and the damage just isn't there

GoodSyntax
12-20-2012, 02:00 PM
I agree with all. Unless better bows are released that can compete with LifeStealers and HeartSeeksers, bow damage is at best average and not at all comparable to some of the best Rogue daggers.

The limited benefit of a bow is the ranged attack, but with Rogue skills (SSS, Nox Bolt, Aimed Shot) you get the ranged attack, plus the added melee damage of charged attacks. Worst case, you use ranged skills, come in with a charged attack, and use Shadow Piercer to get back out of range.

MapleWong2
12-20-2012, 09:49 PM
I swear that bow is better than a dagger. my epic bow is on par wif my legendary dagger.

ShadowGunX
12-20-2012, 11:02 PM
Well whats the point of adding bow if they are ****ty 1v1 weapon

u get the range dude :-). if the bows r nerfed rogues would b beast that can one hit mobs from distance :O

Reggin
12-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Bows will shine in PVP...

Lesmiserables
12-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Daggers rule for now in terms of dps , bow have higher skill dmg but still the dmg output is not good enough compared to daggers.

Norbert
12-28-2012, 01:13 PM
I tend to use daggers, but bow can be handy for some bosses - you can solo kronc (?) if you have the patience.