PDA

View Full Version : Horn of Renew Upgrades

Montanabro
12-19-2012, 10:06 PM
The upgrade Increased Range increases the range of the born to 8 meters. But upgrade Challenge already taunts out to 8 meters. So does Increased Range not impact Challenge?

ShadowGunX
12-19-2012, 11:23 PM
both r separate. if u wanna heal party as well taunt enemy within 8m then giv points on both

Wizard_Mike
12-20-2012, 02:20 AM
Yeah, once I noticed the taunt was already 8m, I moved the point that increases the healing range elsewhere. That extra healing range in nice, but not a must-have. If I can do my job properly and keep the monsters hitting me instead of my team, then it doesn't really matter my heals reach them or not.

Montanabro
12-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Yeah, once I noticed the taunt was already 8m, I moved the point that increases the healing range elsewhere. That extra healing range in nice, but not a must-have. If I can do my job properly and keep the monsters hitting me instead of my team, then it doesn't really matter my heals reach them or not.

Exactly. What is odd is that the devs told me in the previous patch that the range upgrade DID affect the taunt. Guess things changed or the skills are currently mislabeled.

Wizard_Mike
12-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Exactly. What is odd is that the devs told me in the previous patch that the range upgrade DID affect the taunt. Guess things changed or the skills are currently mislabeled.

Hmm, that's interesting. If it turns out that increased range actually pushes taunt out to 10m, then I would definitely move that point back over.

Hmm, are free respecs still turned on for today? If so, I'll tinker with it tonight.

Montanabro
12-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Hmm, that's interesting. If it turns out that increased range actually pushes taunt out to 10m, then I would definitely move that point back over.

Hmm, are free respecs still turned on for today? If so, I'll tinker with it tonight.

Pretty sure they still are. Let us know what you find!

Wizard_Mike
12-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Finally got a moment to test this out. I used some archer goblins to test, since I could adjust my distance from them without them moving. The increased distance on the heal definitely does not affect the range on the taunt, so everything is working according to the descriptions.