PDA

View Full Version : Crackling/popping sound on Chrome

Montanabro
12-20-2012, 02:42 AM
Anyone else experiencing this still? The crackling/popping occurs mostly during times of lots of activity, such as combat. Problem does not occur on iPad or iPhone.

SuRfY
12-20-2012, 02:50 AM
Anyone else experiencing this still? The crackling/popping occurs mostly during times of lots of activity, such as combat. Problem does not occur on iPad or iPhone.

I experienced that even before the updates. Originally thinking it could be just me alone. Maybe my laptop is old. Played songs and videos with no problems though. For my side, I experienced this the most when I am casting Fireball. Big explosion and there will be crackling sound.

Montanabro
12-20-2012, 02:55 AM
I experienced that even before the updates. Originally thinking it could be just me alone. Maybe my laptop is old. Played songs and videos with no problems though. For my side, I experienced this the most when I am casting Fireball. Big explosion and there will be crackling sound.

I've heard of others experiencing it. It also seems to only happen on Chrome and on a few other select devices. Definitely not a problem with your old computer or speakers though. Other programs' sound runs fine for me too.

SuRfY
12-20-2012, 04:33 AM
I've heard of others experiencing it. It also seems to only happen on Chrome and on a few other select devices. Definitely not a problem with your old computer or speakers though. Other programs' sound runs fine for me too.

ooo. That's a relief. I was actually thinking of sending my laptop for repairs..LOL.

dermato
01-11-2013, 06:43 AM
It sounds like the in game sounds are clipping. It's trying to play too many sounds at once and it causes the sound to clip. They should limit the amount of sounds that can play. I would really like a dev response to this.

Abuse
01-11-2013, 06:58 AM
I also have this on my Google Chrome Browser, or had it (last week), have to look up if it's still there sometimes.

mycroftxxx
01-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Yah, this happens on Chrome for me as well.

huckjam
01-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Yup I've been having this problem since the beginning I think its a flash problem because others have the same problem with other flash things. Look up disabling pep flash in chrome it helps some people.

itsmagic
01-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Also for me!
Im using a galaxy note 2.
Dont think its good for speakers?

beilou
01-14-2013, 11:07 AM
This used to happen on my iPhone 4, and Note 2. It happens on my Android S3 as well as my friend's Evo 4 so it isn't just an issue with Chrome :)

abrai
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
I knew there would be a thread about this one. Happens on my chrome and android phone.

CosmoxKramer
01-15-2013, 01:50 PM
i hear it on google Chrome, especially in Watcher Tombs, in case STS wanted to test it there

Montanabro
03-31-2013, 04:13 PM
Four months later....I logged into Chrome today for the first time in four months and hear yet again the cracking and popping throughout a round of CTF. STS--can we please have a reply?

Lojack
04-01-2013, 10:34 AM
From the forum rules:
Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

This is a known issue. If it gets fixed, we'll mention it.

Thank you.

LwMark
04-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Stop eating pop rocks while playin
bug squashed

Joltz
10-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Just wondering is there a fix for this yet?! or a fix on the way? sound is still unbareable :(((( ive tryed everything imaginable

Zanpakuto
10-10-2013, 08:38 PM
It's still present on mine. I just turned volume down