PDA

View Full Version : Going to be a lot more pures now...

Tree Dude
12-20-2012, 09:21 AM
So with DEX and INT giving HP now, we have lost the need to balance STR with DEX/INT for Rouges and Mages. I really liked that need to balance. Now almost everyone will be running pure (even switched myself...).

I think we need more stats associated with attributes. Add hit % to DEX, HP and mana regen (STR and INT respectively), and move crit to be STR based. I think this would balance things out a bit and give some more weight to these attributes for other classes. We need reasons to add points to other attributes so everyone doesn't just go pure.

Sharaobic
12-20-2012, 10:12 AM
you are absolutely right I wanht more HP MANA regen

cjswogkstkdg
12-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Why is going pure a bad thing? I dont get it

phamtom
12-20-2012, 10:28 AM
but at the same time, mobs are getting tougher, even in hauntlet and lower lvl tomb, I noticed that with my lvl 16 character, they used to kill cannon in hauntlet and mobs in tomb 3 easy but not now.. So STS ninja buffed those monster too, you will dead easily running pure on rogue and sorc, so still good idea to put some into other stats

Matutd
12-20-2012, 10:29 AM
I was pure before the update, it's just a little bonus to me.

Madstar
12-20-2012, 10:30 AM
I like it how it is, but I think we just need a bit more mana? :P

Tree Dude
12-20-2012, 10:31 AM

Because it discourages different builds. Why bother giving a mage any other stat other than INT when the games design encourages going pure? There needs to be disadvantages for not putting points into other stats. By giving us HP for DEX and INT (something almost no other MMO I have played does) it gives us no reason to put points into those other stats. Going pure needs to have a distinct disadvantage for it's damage reward.

Skidmarkz
12-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Because it discourages different builds. Why bother giving a mage any other stat other than INT when the games design encourages going pure? There needs to be disadvantages for not putting points into other stats. By giving us HP for DEX and INT (something almost no other MMO I have played does) it gives us no reason to put points into those other stats. Going pure needs to have a distinct disadvantage for it's damage reward.

Stop crying it's perfect now, why not cry when warriors have mostly been pures since the start. Mages are nuker and all int makes sense. So please stop crying.

razerfingers
12-20-2012, 10:57 AM
You do realize theres passives? So you can be full dex max out might passive for lvl 15 which is 4 in the thing and boom 1.1k health and put some in the mana and boom 925 mana so i dont understand how it can get more balanced than that?

Edit: also gear is class specific so it doesnt matter what you do its not going to be PL xP you'll look the same as everyone else xD

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

cjswogkstkdg
12-20-2012, 11:02 AM
So what you're saying is, only warriors should go pure

Jellifishes

Tree Dude
12-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Stop crying it's perfect now, why not cry when warriors have mostly been pures since the start. Mages are nuker and all int makes sense. So please stop crying.

I will try and hold back my tears, just for you.

But seriously play other MMOs. Pure classes generally take a good deal of skill to be effective. It is not something everyone should be running with. I know this game is designed to be simple, but it feels too dumbed down now. Just my option though. I will continue to play either way.

So what you're saying is, only warriors should go pure

Jellifishes

If hit % was added to DEX, warriors would have good reason to go with a STR/DEX build.

Yakiniku
12-20-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm actually kind of conflicted on this. I agree with everything you mentioned in OP, except for crit % being tied to STR. But I have to admit I am enjoying having more damage than before on my rogue (previously DEX/STR build).

My rogue is only 19 right now, so I haven't been able to venture into Elites yet. Going pure seems more than sufficient for normal mode. Does the dynamic change much in Elites to the point where Sorcs and Rogues will need to invest in STR and INT respectively?

I was surprised to log into my sorc right after the patch to see that he had 1450 HP though haha.

Rare
12-20-2012, 11:52 AM

Its not "bad". There is no longer a need really to go mixed attribs. Just one aspect of customization that is no longer necessary.

BodMaster
12-20-2012, 12:00 PM
I found mixing up my stats helping a great deal on Elite 4-5 in the new levels.

For all else (tombs/hauntlet/regular) I was pure dex before the update, so not much of a change. (Did others not go full dex then?)

Madstar
12-20-2012, 12:06 PM

I did not see him cry. Did you?