PDA

View Full Version : Is Shadow Storm Shot working properly?

ArticBlast
12-20-2012, 12:12 PM
See title. Not sure if to be posted here.

If you're running away from a mob and used aimed shot, the arrow will go the direction of the mob and hit it. Kinda like auto aim.

But when you use SSS, there is no auto aim. If you run left and your mob is right, you will still shoot left with SSS.

Is SSS. Working properly? I think aimed shot and normal attack with bow have auto aim

BodMaster
12-20-2012, 12:23 PM
No auto aim for Sss.

And not sure how useful it is in it's entirety, pretty weak even at full dex 220+ dmg (or with Bow).

AoE was a nice idea, but the most use it's going to get is help me on my Story coins for a few mins.

Carapace
12-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Currently this is as designed, you need to face towards your valid target with the SSS in order to shoot it in their direction. It involves a little more skill, however we are watching for threads like these and it is subject to change if we feel the user experience is hindered by such things.

sirtibby
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
No auto aim for Sss.

And not sure how useful it is in it's entirety, pretty weak even at full dex 220+ dmg (or with Bow).

AoE was a nice idea, but the most use it's going to get is help me on my Story coins for a few mins.

This. I got shadow shot to try it out but it seemed extremely weak. It barely knocked off anything from enemy hp bar so I went back to nox shot.

BodMaster
12-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Currently this is as designed, you need to face towards your valid target with the SSS in order to shoot it in their direction. It involves a little more skill, however we are watching for threads like these and it is subject to change if we feel the user experience is hindered by such things.

I think it be worth it, if the skill had some dmg behind it, like "ultimate" skill so instead of being able to fire it in any direction, you have to aim it correctly.

But unfortunately, Aimed Shot even tho not AoE is still the best arrow skill. (Even Nox for that bleed proc)

Is the dmg set correctly for Sss? Doesn't seem worth having in my skill build at this time.

ArticBlast
12-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks carapace.

Really bod master, you think its weak? Actually doesn't rogue already have an aoe shot? Toxic shot or somethings? What's they difference between this and sss?

What's the idea behind sss anyway, if it is so similar with toxic shot?

BodMaster
12-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Really bod master, you think its weak?

Yes really.

Samhayne
12-20-2012, 12:39 PM
There is also a bug being fixed with the damage ranges of Shadow Storm Shot. Check for patch notes in the near future.

BodMaster
12-20-2012, 12:44 PM
There is also a bug being fixed with the damage ranges of Shadow Storm Shot. Check for patch notes in the near future.

Great to hear, will look forward to the change (:

ProSophist
12-20-2012, 01:15 PM

I was just about to make a thread about this. Thank you!

wvhills
12-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Imo, charged smoke, razer shield, aimed and nox is still the way to go. I think damage is too low on SSS and shadow piercer jumps me around too much. AOE is a good idea but razer inside of smoke hits multiple targets and the 2 sec cooldowns of aimed and nox kinda eliminates the need for AOE. I'm fine with that too. Let mages have strong AOE and weak single target and roUGe's have weaker AOE and strong single target.

VVoe
12-20-2012, 01:35 PM

Thank you!
I love the skill but its damage isn't very nice even spec at 5/5.