PDA

View Full Version : Known Issue with Passive Abilities

Samhayne
12-20-2012, 12:37 PM
There are currently display bugs with the Passive Abilities that improve Armor, Damage and Critical Chance. All abilities are functioning correctly, but they are not correctly reflected in the Character Statistics displayed in the Avatar tab.

Critical Chance - this bug will be corrected in a coming patch to correctly increment the display of Critical Chance.

Armor and Damage displays will be corrected in a future update.

Again, all three of these passives are changing actual combat functionality, but are not updating stats in the Avatar tab.

Update: Resolution to this issue is planned for the coming client update to Arcane Legends in early Q2 of 2014.

Limsi
12-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the notice, I'm pretty sure those who are condused would have a better clearing now. :)

MonkeySphere
12-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Armor works like this:

Armor Value * (Armor Modifier by level of attack mob) = Damage Reduction

This modifier goes down as the level of the attacking mob goes up, so that more armor is needed to maintain Damage Reduction as the player moves into higher level content.

This passive is a multiplier on the Armor Value, so that a small change might not have a huge impact on Damage Reduction, but the higher the base Armor Value the player has the more this passive is worth. Therefore, this passive is way more effective for a warrior is max armor than it would be for a sorcerer in medium armor.

For example:

Warrior with 980 armor at level 21 vs. Sorcerer with 500 armor at level 21.

Warrior DR w/out passive - 980*.00047619 (attacking mobs modifier) = 46.6% DR
Sorcerer DR w/out passive - 500*.00047619 = 23.8% DR

Warrior DR w 4/5 passive - (980*1.04)*.00047619 = 48.5% DR
Sorcerer DR w 4/5 passive - (500*1.04)*.00047619 = 24.7% DR

This benefit will grow as armor values get higher, which is one of the reasons why this passive will probably never go beyond its 5% increase. It would just become too powerful over time.

Energizer12
12-21-2012, 11:07 PM
My brain hurts :(

Pie
12-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Armor works like this:

Armor Value * (Armor Modifier by level of attack mob) = Damage Reduction

This modifier goes down as the level of the attacking mob goes up, so that more armor is needed to maintain Damage Reduction as the player moves into higher level content.

This passive is a multiplier on the Armor Value, so that a small change might not have a huge impact on Damage Reduction, but the higher the base Armor Value the player has the more this passive is worth. Therefore, this passive is way more effective for a warrior is max armor than it would be for a sorcerer in medium armor.

For example:

Warrior with 980 armor at level 21 vs. Sorcerer with 500 armor at level 21.

Warrior DR w/out passive - 980*.00047619 (attacking mobs modifier) = 46.6% DR
Sorcerer DR w/out passive - 500*.00047619 = 23.8% DR

Warrior DR w 4/5 passive - (980*1.04)*.00047619 = 48.5% DR
Sorcerer DR w 4/5 passive - (500*1.04)*.00047619 = 24.7% DR

This benefit will grow as armor values get higher, which is one of the reasons why this passive will probably never go beyond its 5% increase. It would just become too powerful over time.

Welcome to the forums MonkeySphere! (haha jk) but really...:)

Szangheili
12-29-2012, 01:52 AM
And this is why Math is needed, for awesome reasons like this :D

shayen
01-02-2013, 01:21 AM
how should we know the amout of attacking mobs modifier on what monster did you get this numbers. 1.04 and .00047619.
just want to know for future reference.

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 01:42 AM
how should we know the amout of attacking mobs modifier on what monster did you get this numbers. 1.04 and .00047619.
The 1.04 is the 4/5 armor passive bonus he was using for the example. 4% = 0.04. You add 1 to it, so when you multiply it by your armor amount, the result you get is your armor + the armor gained from the passive.

As for the mob's modifier number (the 0.00047619), I have no clue how we would figure that out for all the levels without them giving us more info.

Wretch
01-02-2013, 02:22 AM
As for the mob's modifier number (the 0.00047619), I have no clue how we would figure that out for all the levels without them giving us more info.

I may be incorrect, but that may be the flat out damage reduction %(notice the very low % in actual math decimal points) of what your armor rating is.

My thoughts.... This could be a made up number by Sam that is somewhat close to actuality.
.... These numbers could be solely based on a 21 toon, but I doubt all mobs hit the "same"
.... It is late and I am tired... May edit things in/out tomorrow

Carapace
01-02-2013, 05:00 PM

the .00047619 in this example is the amount of damage reduction per 1 point of armor. So with 980 armor, without the modifier damage reduction would be 980*.00047619 = 46.6%

this decimal number slides a bit every time the character levels so effectively you need more armor to stay at the same damage reduction, and thus can't just sit in your level 8 armor at level 20 and take any hits. :)

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm a little lost. MonkeySphere labeled the 0.00047619 as the "armor modifier by level of attack mob", as well a shortened version, "attacking mobs modifier". So I had the understanding that the amount of damage reduction done depends on the level of the enemy that is hitting you.

But the way Carapace explains it, the modifier simply depends on our character's level and has nothing to do with the attacking mob's level.

So yeah, I'm confused, lol. Am I reading this wrong?

Carapace
01-02-2013, 06:31 PM
it's a simple yet convoluted system that we can't explain 110% since a lot of it is behind the scenes numbers and the like we can't give away :)

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 06:34 PM
it's a simple yet convoluted system that we can't explain 110% since a lot of it is behind the scenes numbers and the like we can't give away :)

Fair enough! :)

I probably wouldn't grasp it all anyways, haha! :p

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 05:09 AM
Got c in math.fair enuf ;)

Sharaobic
01-11-2013, 09:45 AM
What about walking speed? Characters wont become Olympic athletes at higher levels.I think it should be 15% atleast.

Sharaobic
01-11-2013, 09:50 AM
My brain hurts :(

same here bro

Samhayne
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
There are currently display bugs with the Passive Abilities that improve Armor, Damage and Critical Chance. All abilities are functioning correctly, but they are not correctly reflected in the Character Statistics displayed in the Avatar tab.

Critical Chance - this bug will be corrected in a coming patch to correctly increment the display of Critical Chance.

Armor and Damage displays will be corrected in a future update (after the first of the year).

Again, all three of these passives are changing actual combat functionality, but are not updating stats in the Avatar tab.

The new version of the game App, released on January 16th, corrects the display issue with critical chance.

Valsacar
01-20-2013, 03:00 AM
Are you sure? I just respeced to try a new build and put 2 into damage, my damage stat on avatar did not change, nor did dps. The damage value for my skills did not change either.

Haowesie
01-27-2013, 04:52 PM
The new version of the game App, released on January 16th, corrects these display issues.

Hi Sam, are passives active in CTF/PVP? I've also respec'd quite a few times, and it still doesn't show to date.

Lady_Pebbles
01-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Damage passive still isn't displaying correctly on the Avatar screen.

Wizard_Mike
01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
The new version of the game App, released on January 16th, corrects these display issues.

Unfortunately it didn't. :(

Haowesie
03-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Bump.

First, thank you again for the free respecs... But this bug makes it very hard to determine what is a good build we can't see the gain +/- to what our old build looks like.

Lojack
03-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Don't bump. It's a well known issue, etc.

Lady_Pebbles
03-14-2013, 06:12 AM
Any word on when yall will fix the visual bug on Durable and Damage????

Energizeric
03-17-2013, 03:38 AM
I'm looking forward to this fix as well. Also, once it is fixed for passives, will the damage % increase also be shown for pets?

khali
03-24-2013, 04:21 PM

Armor and Damage displays will be corrected in a future update (after the first of the year).

I am also going to add that recently I did two restats to double check if stat passive work. From my discovery the additional 25+ strength stats was not being applied to the character and the avatar statistics. I hope they fix this issue soon.

psychobunny
03-25-2013, 03:20 AM
Its been 3mons since this thread was made, do you devs still have plans to fix this? Why is it taking so long?

Lady_Pebbles
03-25-2013, 03:57 AM
Its been 3mons since this thread was made, do you devs still have plans to fix this? Why is it taking so long?

Idk but my guess would be that its not on the top of their priorities for bug fixes at this time. Seems like such a small fix though, so not sure why it would take -that- long. X.x

Kool Archy
03-26-2013, 01:33 AM
Yesterday, I bought a ribbit for my warrior and used it in pvp. However, when I used the ribbit's skill to increase my warrior's critical chance by 40%, the avatar stats does not show me the increased critical chance. Same goes for my rogue

tmass
04-04-2013, 10:55 AM
I would like to know how the increased damage works is it based of damage stats( like a 5 percent increase of my current dmg say 200) or is it simply a percent increase of the the damage dealt on each attack. Since it doesn't show its hard to tell what it is doing also do the pet damage buffs work the same way? Am going to respect to get ice back and would like to understand before I pay the plat
Thanks

JaytB
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
I would like to know how the increased damage works is it based of damage stats( like a 5 percent increase of my current dmg say 200) or is it simply a percent increase of the the damage dealt on each attack. Since it doesn't show its hard to tell what it is doing also do the pet damage buffs work the same way? Am going to respect to get ice back and would like to understand before I pay the plat
Thanks

My guess is that the dmg % is added to your damage stat, so you couldn't simply calculate your skill dmg by adding the dmg % to it.

Then again, I think nobody really knows. As far as I know, devs have never explained how dmg% are added exactly and they don't seem in a hurry to fix this issue as you can see from the date of this thread.

Personally, I don't get why it's not fixed yet because, to me, that would seem like a high priority issue. I mean, currently we need to guess what stats we have, and being a stats freak that's one of the biggest annoyances in game (maybe with the exception of skills not firing at all).

I guess the only thing we can do is wait.

Energizeric
04-28-2013, 12:55 AM

Any word on when this stuff will be fixed Sam? And will the pet happiness bonus stats of the same type also be fixed as well? It would be nice to see both calculated on the inspect page. :)

Lady_Pebbles
04-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Still no fix on this... Geeze. Smh.

Obi
05-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Please increase the priority of this issue (Samhayne wrote yesterday it is not a high priority issue). Please.. I suppose many people here are waiting for this fix for so long now..

musasun
05-15-2013, 02:53 AM
hey sam,if you can please bring up to the team of dev that pet orion arcane ability doesnt reflect 10%damage on avatar tab. but others like shiloh do. :/

Teoijio
05-17-2013, 06:02 AM
Please fix this issue. Players do spend real money to respec and I think it would be a good idea for players to see what they are actually paying for and not leave it up to speculation. I think it would be of lesser importance to fix if respecs are free, but they are not. Please fix this issue.

Rare
05-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Please fix this issue. Players do spend real money to respec and I think it would be a good idea for players to see what they are actually paying for and not leave it up to speculation. I think it would be of lesser importance to fix if respecs are free, but they are not. Please fix this issue.

No No... had to get that Rogue nerf and elixir price increase in this go around. Someday in the future maybe.

Lady_Pebbles
05-17-2013, 03:03 PM
"The future is now.." -said some guy I can't remember. XD

Xeriuss
05-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Ye it's really horrible that STS wasn't be able to fix this display bug yet :(

Hope u gonna work it out (very) soon!

JaytB
05-23-2013, 07:30 AM
Ye it's really horrible that STS wasn't be able to fix this display bug yet :(

Hope u gonna work it out (very) soon!

Seeing how they were aware of it almost half a year ago I seriously doubt it's high on their priority list. They said somewhere it required a client update, but it still wasn't fixed when we recently got a new client.

It's almost as if they don't want us to know the proper game mechanics. Nobody has a clue on how bonus Dmg works exactly or how various (self/pet) Dmg/armor buffs work/stack exactly. Even for passive armor and Dmg all we can do is guess, since no feedback on proper mechanics for buffs has ever been communicated as far as I know.

So yeah, I wouldn't count on an update anytime soon. Hope I'm wrong though.

Obi
05-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Lojack: any info on when that problem can be fixed?

Lady_Pebbles
05-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Please fix this along with pet's Happy Bonuses showing up on the character stats list.

Energizeric
05-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes, please fix!!

n19one
06-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Sam why orion arcane ability doesnt show on enemies? it only show upon players (about 10% dmg).. Its arcane ability also hav reduce armor n chance to hit for enemies in range.. but it doesnt show up and i dont know if that arcane ability really do the things on enemies well. as we know, all pet with armor reduce arcane ability like vixen, flap jack, wyatt, blight show up the red armor icon upon enemies heads.. why it dont happens with orion too???

Linkincena
06-04-2013, 11:25 PM

Dear Sam...Pl update us if any of the passive display issues have been resolved...

Obi
06-10-2013, 03:10 AM
I guess not soon because of no one even bother to answer here.. ;(

Taejo
06-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Can any dev at least answer this question in the meantime:

Does the +5% defense and +5% damage go off just base stats with equipment, or does the the +5% factor in with pet passive buffs as well? Can you tell us the formula so that we can calculate optimal equipment/specs/pet setups on our own?

Linkincena
06-17-2013, 02:17 AM
Sorry buddy...
Expect no response now...
Its been more than half year....
This topic is not on their priority. ..
Thread closed...

anibiag
06-18-2013, 05:43 AM
So no one is going to fix that?

Linkincena
06-18-2013, 05:51 AM
Nope...
and above is the reason...

cyrusrevange
06-18-2013, 09:14 PM

Hi sam why flapjack dosn't add any damage to character stats??? with flap jack and without it is the same

jrnest25
06-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Hey Sam, you guys still planning to fix this passive stats?.. this issue is too long!OMG...:dejection:
I think its very simple bug for Dev's, dont be lazy.. LoL :encouragement:
Good Luck Guys...

Obi
06-27-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm starting to think that added dmg % bonus is after adding the random part in the calculations, so they need to change a bit more than we though, possibly changing current damage output..
I hope they still would fix that somehow, but since it is a known issue and most people get used to it and are not giving enough pressure/feedback they do not see that as important change..

Xxxxzero
07-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Would be really nice if we could actually see these numbers.. I would actually choose that passive skill then.. please help us out sts, still waiting on fix. Thank you.
-Zero

Zurko
07-28-2013, 01:06 PM
dont make battle dragons ya got to fix bugs on A.L!
i hope this next expansion thats taking so long is going to be a big update on content ,bugs and all
like giving a.l a frontiers new start :)
and free respecs when this is fixed

Soundlesskill
08-03-2013, 12:01 AM
This problem really need to be fixed.. It's bugging (no pun intended lol) the hell out of me

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-12-2013, 09:02 AM
ohhh that's why I thought all those passives went to waste. lol!

mistiquexmen
08-20-2013, 05:51 AM
O.o

Soundlesskill
08-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Even tho it does enhance passives, it's more efficient when we can SEE it with our own eyes.

Xppvppx
08-25-2013, 01:37 AM
Help my tradimg is disable

Xppvppx
08-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Help plzzzzzzzzzz mu trading disabled

rellvr
08-29-2013, 03:05 AM
Me and my guild mates observe a while ago same issues with the passive skill bug something, like damage and durable does not affect the stats in avatar view.. and also we made a test, we changed our warrior passive skill build into might, agility and knowledge.. then.. the hp and damage of our warrior increase when we add knowledge and agility in the passive skill... so question is... what does dexterity and intelligence got to do with the hp and damage increase?

Energizeric
08-31-2013, 03:17 PM
I really do think it's about time that this bug be fixed. I realize that it doesn't affect game play, but one of the biggest and most important things in an MMO is comparing stats. We constantly do it all of the time in the forums, and it would be nice to be able to see someone's full stats (pet bonus & passives included).

I think I speak for all of the players when I say we would prefer the next expansion be delayed a week or two and this bug be fixed this season.

Daddyblu
09-01-2013, 03:46 AM
This bug take ages to fix. i wonder when will STS can fix it..maybe when all players stop playing..

they always say "its on the top list of to do" or "its on high priority"

LOL! good luck if this will be fix in next 2-3 months!

Kaytar
09-13-2013, 09:57 AM
I have high expectations that this (along with the skills activation bug) won't be fixed for a very long time. If they even get to it.

jiggz
09-13-2013, 07:01 PM
has this been fixed in the latest patch? i still dont see it getting reflected in my avatar.. esp the passive damage :uncomfortableness:

arun_may16
09-13-2013, 08:03 PM
has this been fixed in the latest patch? i still dont see it getting reflected in my avatar.. esp the passive damage :uncomfortableness:
Nope; Its not fixed in this patch.

Alfai
09-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Perhaps dev cn just let us know whats happening with dmg passive.i am aware tho the bug seems simple but tye mechanics might be complicated and require careful thoughts or meticulous execution.in the meantime keeping up with lotsa other new requests everyday aint easy.i believe sts is not ignoring this crucial fix perhaps just a simple update will do to calm us down.

Im under the expectation that the dmg passive is working bt not displayed on stats.however a diff version from a few veteran players were saying its not even working.hmm ...

Soundlesskill
09-20-2013, 06:32 PM
How come crit shows when the others doesn't?

Is it cause crit works and the others don't?
Or simply weird

Robhawk
09-30-2013, 03:58 AM
Thread/problem started in December 2012 and will not be solved nearly A YEAR later? :applause:

Taejo
09-30-2013, 04:02 AM
It will be fixed in their next game.

EDIT: Just kidding, STS. Still :love_heart: you.

Robhawk
09-30-2013, 04:08 AM
It will be fixed in their next game.

lol :D

Steverd
12-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Thread/problem started in December 2012 and will not be solved nearly A YEAR later? :applause:

NOW, it's been over a YEAR, and no fix for this bug!!!
Either not important or they FORGOT about it!

Imjebus
12-31-2013, 11:36 AM
NOW, it's been over a YEAR, and no fix for this bug!!!
Either not important or they FORGOT about it!

I was just thinking this too...

Hiosahaf
02-16-2014, 06:36 AM
Sorry for bumping, but it's been 423 days now.. or rather, 10,152 hours.. can we please get a fix in the next client update?

Hiosahaf
02-20-2014, 06:37 AM
Erm..bump

Zealouzs
02-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Still hoping -.-

Robhawk
02-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Still hoping -.-

You better dont! :tongue:

Hiosahaf
02-20-2014, 12:49 PM
You better dont! :tongue:

:dejection:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hiosahaf
02-22-2014, 04:38 AM
Bump bump bump. Bump!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Imjebus
02-22-2014, 03:19 PM
This should be fixed while there's a delay in the update...please and thank you :)

Samhayne
02-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Update: Resolution to this issue is planned for the client update to Arcane Legends in early Q2 of 2014.

keikali
02-24-2014, 01:54 PM
Early Q2 of 2014, so I'm guessing around Springtime in April.

wvhills
02-24-2014, 01:55 PM
so skill loadouts coming next?

octavos
02-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Update: Resolution to this issue is planned for the client update to Arcane Legends in early Q2 of 2014.

wow, talk about a necro sam-o XD but good to hear.

Imjebus
02-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Haha woo :) anyone else excited this is finally being fixed? xD

Giuewek
02-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Whoo finally !!!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

keikali
02-24-2014, 08:00 PM
This is probably one of the BIGGEST most annoying bugs ever and we are all glad this is going to be fixed finally.

Zapix
02-24-2014, 10:50 PM
This being fixed will be great and allow for easier theory crafting I would think.

Haligali
02-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Early Q2 of 2014, so I'm guessing around Springtime in April.

On april 1..

notfaded1
03-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Updating the client is a big thing... it's not like some little content changes that can be done easily. I suppose a lot more is involved besides fixing these display issues as well so we should be encouraging but not divisive toward the devs... just sayin'.

dantus
03-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Will there likely be a fix to pet spamming/skill swapping as well?

Tendirin
04-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Yeah Arcane legends has so many bugs

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk,Ign Tendirin