View Full Version : Warriors and Elite Runs

Tuik
12-21-2012, 11:22 AM
What happened to the warriors out there? It seems like they don't wanna tank stuff anymore and wait for rogues and sorcerers to provoke monsters and bosses. I'm using 200+ pots an hour tanking elite bosses on my rogue, which I don't mind doing as they seem to target me no matter what, but what exactly are the warriors there for?

You people have twice the armor and hp the rest of us have, act like it.

itsmagic
12-21-2012, 11:52 AM
I think its becaus of the ammount of pots we burn trough.
Most ppl cant even keep their pets happy...

Firefighter4Cy
12-21-2012, 11:59 AM
im a warrior. on runs i tank. i get frustrated burning through pots or when sorcerers dont heal or when the dps is garbage.

KingGiant
12-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Not every warrior out there stinks. But you will see them more on PUGS. Put a good friends list togrther and mostly play with those people. But even a good warrior will burn thru pots if the rogues and mages stink aswell. The skill level of PUG players varies much more in this legend title.

Traebeles99
12-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Not every warrior out there stinks. But you will see them more on PUGS. Put a good friends list togrther and mostly play with those people. But even a good warrior will burn thru pots if the rogues and mages stink aswell. The skill level of PUG players varies much more in this legend title.

I totally agreee not every warrior has enough money to buy 2k pots just to get you through a map.

Pwnman
12-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Even on non elite maps like WT4 im still burning through pots on my warrior. I think warrior may be the most expensive class if not a extremely close second.

KingGiant
12-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Its the warriors job to take more hits and grab aggro of groups and bosses. A good warrior will face bsses away from the group so windups only hit them aswell. But the group needs to fight adds FIRST, I hate when I'm tanking and everyone ignores adds at a boss. I don't want to tank adds AND boss. More pots burned. The group needs to support the tank. Rogues drop smoke to reduce dmg. Things like that reinforce a tank.

dtandel10
12-21-2012, 03:50 PM
problem is we can only rely on warriors to tank its not like PL that even a mage will lead the group even when mage heals it will only save 1-2 hp pots every 10 sec and rogeu health pack can be problem too since u have stand on the green cross to eat that health pack and by the time u run to stand on it ull get killed

Energizeric
12-21-2012, 04:08 PM
My experience is that the warriors wait for me to lead the way (I'm a sorcerer), and then they follow behind. Problem is once I make the first hit the warrior will never gain back aggro. Then as soon as I die, the warrior will leave the game. You don't know how many times I have started a dungeon with a full party only to battle my way to the boss and have everyone leave.

Enisceloz
12-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Damn all you guys are really playing with horrible warriors!! As one I tell you right now I have Lvl21 Stormwarrior Set and it takes quite a few pots to get thru the Elite dungeons (however I don't know about 200 lol, I would say on average maybe 25-40 pots a run). I guess I been lucky I always run with good players on my guild or friends list.

Testament
12-21-2012, 05:25 PM
I adore tanking.
But I will not blow 200 pots for dps that hang back, afk, don't heal, don't even have heal learned, don't like careful pulls and impatiently pull an armada for me to scramble and pick up, dps that slam into targets before the warrior can engage it, etc...

It's a door that swings both ways. Don't let it hit ya on the arse.

Tuik
12-21-2012, 05:35 PM
My experience is that the warriors wait for me to lead the way (I'm a sorcerer), and then they follow behind. Problem is once I make the first hit the warrior will never gain back aggro. Then as soon as I die, the warrior will leave the game. You don't know how many times I have started a dungeon with a full party only to battle my way to the boss and have everyone leave.

This. Thankfully when it's Jarl, I can just finish the stuff myself(and it's mostly easier than with people pulling the goblin shaman on us and getting us killed) and not have it ruin the run. It does end up ruining my death count though.

GrammerPatrol
12-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Well some warriors might not have any pots, so are hesitant to go in the mob first, I'm always hesitant aswell because I have 0 health pots, but alot of mana pots I dont need. My thing is while I'm tanking I worry if the rouges and mages on my team can kill the monsters faster then the monsters can kill me. If they can, then I would always go first in the mob. Speaking of that, I'm a full tank with no dps moves. I only have armor and health buffs and use no pots in normal dungeons because usally the mages and rouges kill the monsters before I hit 50% of my life.

Fao
12-21-2012, 06:49 PM
I'd like to think of warriors as the ones who have tons of armor and health, and TONS of damage, but turns out they don't have as much damage as I thought, so I think their there to put on some damage, but stay alive a long time!

Cahaun
12-21-2012, 06:56 PM
*BREAKING NEWS*
Sorcerers aren't the only ones with a healing skill so stop relying on us to stay alive! Mage not healing you? Heal yourself! All classes have a healing skill! We can't be at your side 24/7! To think of it, sorcerers aren't the main healers of the game! We are what we make of ourselves not by other's expectations!

/averygoodlookingrant

Megabird56
12-21-2012, 07:44 PM
^^^

yep. Mages job is not to heal. This is not pocket legends. Best mages dont even have heal.

Energizeric
12-21-2012, 08:45 PM
I have heal, but warriors have to position themselves so I can stand behind them so when I cast heal its range reaches them. Often times they position themselves up against a wall and I have to stand on the other side. Heal only has a range of 6-8m (depending on whether you spend the extra skill point) so if you are standing on the other side of the boss from me then I can't heal you as you are too far.

sirtibby
12-21-2012, 10:17 PM
I have heal, but warriors have to position themselves so I can stand behind them so when I cast heal its range reaches them. Often times they position themselves up against a wall and I have to stand on the other side. Heal only has a range of 6-8m (depending on whether you spend the extra skill point) so if you are standing on the other side of the boss from me then I can't heal you as you are too far.

The new bosses have knock back, hence warriors put their back to the wall. It's no fun being slapped all across the map. Just get in closer. If the warrior holds aggro then you don't even have to worry about being hit. And to warriors: just buy pots. I have no faith in healers in pugs so I use HoR for taunt and self heal, still only use a few pots. My warrior is the cheapest toon I have as far as buying pots.

ShadowGunX
12-21-2012, 11:35 PM
i let rogues nd mage to boss 1st coz i need to buff up by vengeblood. then i quickly pull aggro using HoR wich also heals entire party with an invincible shield. although i burn pots coz my ping scks nd smetimes idk y HoR doesnt wrks nd also i dnt hav golds to buy good pinks. :-( so i m nt a bst tank bt atleast i can heal nd pull aggro :-)

ShadowGunX
12-21-2012, 11:38 PM
The new bosses have knock back, hence warriors put their back to the wall. It's no fun being slapped all across the map. Just get in closer. If the warrior holds aggro then you don't even have to worry about being hit. And to warriors: just buy pots. I have no faith in healers in pugs so I use HoR for taunt and self heal, still only use a few pots. My warrior is the cheapest toon I have as far as buying pots.

lol last time i bought 100potions bck when first AL release :-P. also i get potion from ally nd daily rewards also (before this update) that get stacks. nd i hav around 43hp potions nd 67mana potions :-)

crestmage
12-21-2012, 11:48 PM
If i see a party with low damage rogues and mages, i'd leave. No use spamming pots to delay my death. :/

ShadowGunX
12-22-2012, 12:03 AM
If i see a party with low damage rogues and mages, i'd leave. No use spamming pots to delay my death. :/

hey i replied to ur thread "some questions"

Libria
12-22-2012, 03:04 AM
*BREAKING NEWS*
Sorcerers aren't the only ones with a healing skill so stop relying on us to stay alive! Mage not healing you? Heal yourself! All classes have a healing skill! We can't be at your side 24/7! To think of it, sorcerers aren't the main healers of the game! We are what we make of ourselves not by other's expectations!

/averygoodlookingrant

True, but IMO mage healing is superior. It can restore mana and health and increase regeneration on both. As a mage, I find those rogue health packs annoying and almost never go fetch them. I much prefer they throw a dodge cloud instead.

I prefer the convention of the mage as healer. We only have 16 skills in a full party and it's a waste to have 4 healers all trying to self heal.

Let me heal, you do the tanking/dps.

kateku
12-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Now the warrior without new gear really been tough. Mages and Rouge is so strong atm.

Warrior needs a buff to up their armor and taunt still.

dtandel10
12-22-2012, 05:25 AM
warriors with 800 armor are good they dont lose that much hp wen fighting mob im only doing watchers tomb if there is atleast a warrior with 600+ armor or i just leave the dungeon and finding a good tank is hard their always in a party :(

Energizeric
12-22-2012, 06:08 AM
The new bosses have knock back, hence warriors put their back to the wall. It's no fun being slapped all across the map. Just get in closer. If the warrior holds aggro then you don't even have to worry about being hit....

That's a big "If". Most of the times they fail. I'm not willing to risk or else I end up dead really fast. I have ranged attacks and I use them. I keep my distance from the boss. No advantage for me to get close.

sirtibby
12-22-2012, 08:51 AM
The new bosses have knock back, hence warriors put their back to the wall. It's no fun being slapped all across the map. Just get in closer. If the warrior holds aggro then you don't even have to worry about being hit....

That's a big "If". Most of the times they fail. I'm not willing to risk or else I end up dead really fast. I have ranged attacks and I use them. I keep my distance from the boss. No advantage for me to get close.

Yeah I will give you that. On my warrior I don't seem to have a problem holding aggro when I pug. I was talking to a guildie last night tho and he was telling me how he was considering losing some damage since his capped and geared rogue would steal aggro in the first two skill salvos since he does so much damage. This is with another guildie warrior who is boss at tanking. So much for balance.

Aeoros
12-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Warriors focusing on a damage set are trash, especially when running elites. Happens alot in pug too and if you find a good tank, don't let them go =P. It would be alot better focusing on taunts so the dps can feel free to boss faster.

As a rogue, I can say it's alot harder to be a good tank than a good dps. Good tanks need to know their dps' skill rotation and time their taunts whereas dps just have to stay below agro threshold and small adjustments to position.

gunshotz
12-22-2012, 10:49 AM
monsters r much stronger now and warriors r afraid to have the same kills-deaths stat as for example mages have lol. I always tank and after I started to run Elite dead city my deaths increased like 50+ in a couple of days (thanks to random parties) well, i don't really care to be honest, but still a lil sad about this... But I tank I swear haha, just my 5 cents

ShadowGunX
12-22-2012, 11:33 AM
my dmg is very low (50dmg) bt dps is 75 nd 220% bonus dmg. nd my armour is 650+.
m lvl 17 with skill build :
CS (staggering blow; relentless strike) ;
windmill ;
HoR (challenge ; protective shield nd increasee duration)
Vengefull blood: all upgrades except acute strike.
also m using snaggle pet.
Lol bt idc about dmg. i focus on bonus dmg% as i spam skills alot nd also mainly for healing. my HoR heals 200+ hp per 1.5sec for 7.5sec B-).
I can solo all except last boss as those two mages knockbcks badly.:-P

sirtibby
12-22-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm at 2231 hps and 872 armor with Cerella atm (just hit lvl 20) and I'm still getting creamed at certain curves in Watchers 4. Owww.

Edit: I don't lose aggro tho xD

Enisceloz
12-22-2012, 12:47 PM

Hey dude add me on AL, get some runs with my crew. You seem to be having a real bad time lol. IGN: Enisceloz

Kide2008
12-22-2012, 02:25 PM
i would say im a warrior and every time i lead the group that has some warriors they don't heal . they just let you die . and im tired of playing the rule of tanker i spend most of my money on pots while the rest do nothing just following you . also at the tower where the last boss is . the two small monsters , they don't let me take the drop and the rest of the party take the drop and leave me behind . that what i get in return for tanking .

jerzy448
12-22-2012, 10:34 PM
I dont have a problem tanking. My warrior is full str but does not have the correct gear atm for tanking. I'm still using my same old gear that i had before the update. I have not had any luck with drops and broke atm from buying pots. I try to tank but with the stronger bosses i just die.

You have to remember this is an STS game where your gaming experience is based on this so called "luck".

ShadowGunX
12-22-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm at 2231 hps and 872 armor with Cerella atm (just hit lvl 20) and I'm still getting creamed at certain curves in Watchers 4. Owww.

Edit: I don't lose aggro tho xD

u should hav relentless strike upgrade in CS. i always use charged CS. also i mainly target blue witches so that they wnt spawn any more undeads. Buff up with ur venge blood nd then charged CS nd then windmill then quickly charge HoR. here HoR will heal upto 300hp per1.5sec as venge buffed ur dmg nd bonus dmg%.
Bt mainly terminate blue witches before it summons another wave of undeads.

ShadowGunX
12-22-2012, 10:48 PM
i would say im a warrior and every time i lead the group that has some warriors they don't heal . they just let you die . and im tired of playing the rule of tanker i spend most of my money on pots while the rest do nothing just following you . also at the tower where the last boss is . the two small monsters , they don't let me take the drop and the rest of the party take the drop and leave me behind . that what i get in return for tanking .

same :-( bt m clever nd nw i used to say that those mages also drops pink items ; before killing bosses lol. anyway if u hav trouble with the mages go to another room. there is a door. i heal there nd again enter boss room lawl!!!

Liquid Ice
12-23-2012, 05:28 PM
The new maps are difficult for warriors unless you swipe your card for upgraded gear. Also, CS doesn't seem to work on any of the new bosses which was a huge staple in preventing large blows.

sirtibby
12-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Agreed about the CS. It is my main damage mitigation/taunt generator. I am soaking up more damage than before and even with high hps and armor, it hurts. I shouldn't have to run away every time a troll hops. :p