PDA

View Full Version : Aggro Fix for Bears: Aggro generation over Damage

Zapoke
12-21-2012, 12:28 PM
For a long time, people who tank (bears, and now Rhinos) have not been able to hold agrro very well. STS increased their weapon damage to compensate for this. I think bears should have much LOWER weapon damage, personally. So I thought about it, and this is what I came up with:
In several games I've played over the years, the tanks have had a passive buff that increases their threat generated. Normally it's a 150%-200% increase. Since I'd rather not have a separate skill, I figured STS could add a passive to taunt: "While this skill is active, increase all threat generated by 200%".
This way, bears can move away from having more damage than birds, and move toward being better tanks. Thoughts?

Roberto077
12-22-2012, 10:00 AM
This would break pvp though :/
Bears would be underpowered again

Zapoke
12-23-2012, 12:57 AM
This would break pvp though :/
Bears would be underpowered again

No. Sewers had low weapon damage on str sets. Bears were far from "underpowered." They've never been underpowered. From 10+ bears are always usable in PvP competitively.

tHelonestud
12-27-2012, 09:36 AM
I agree
People think bears/str should have just as much dmg as other classes
Sewers was amazingly well balanced
Then the glyph mace came out, which could potentially double the damage output with just one level
Then fang where they loaded mages with armour, so the sucky bears complained, so the developers loaded dmg onto the crusher and scythes, I guess to fix it, I never really thought a bear should be able to beckon a mage and kill it with auto-attack
I guess that's the balanced pvp of today to match all the one shot kills from birds and mages.