PDA

View Full Version : DPS vs. Damage

Energizeric
12-21-2012, 04:12 PM
1) First question I have is what exactly does DPS mean in the context of AL?? I know in PL it means when you press "auto attack". But there is no auto attack in AL. So does it mean if you just keep spamming your standard attack button?

2) Assuming to answer to my question #1 is "yes", then I think it's great that DPS & damage are both factors and are both shown in your stats, but I think you need to add the weapon speed to each weapon's stats just like in PL. Because otherwise there is no way to tell how good a weapon is by looking at the weapon's stats unless you equip. Please do this on the next update!

3) Is it safe to assume that skill damage is calculated using the damage stat and that DPS has no bearing on skill damage (since skills all have a set "cool down" time)??

I know I'm going to get some responses from players as to what they think is the answer, but I'm hoping a developer can chime in to make some sense of this so that I can know the answers for sure.

Worship
12-21-2012, 04:35 PM
1) Damage Per Second. Its calculated based off of your damage and speed, but it just tells you how much damage you will do every second of battle.

3) Skill damage is always going to be what it is, unless, of course, you put your skill points in the sub-skill of the skill you have selected. But if it does 110-147 damage, then it will always do between 110-147 damage.

Energizeric
12-21-2012, 08:58 PM
1) Damage Per Second. Its calculated based off of your damage and speed, but it just tells you how much damage you will do every second of battle.

3) Skill damage is always going to be what it is, unless, of course, you put your skill points in the sub-skill of the skill you have selected. But if it does 110-147 damage, then it will always do between 110-147 damage.

This doesn't answer either of my two questions.

Regarding your answer to #1, if I just stand there then my damage per second will be zero. What is the DPS stat listed for the weapon assuming that I am doing? Am I using my skills? Am I spamming the attack button? Am I charging the attack button each time? It doesn't say and I would like to know.

Regarding your answer to #3, perhaps I was not clear. I know what the skill damage means, I would like to know how it is calculated for each player. Whenever I change my weapon or respec my stats, my skill damage changes. So I want to know what determines my skill damage. How is it calculated? Which stats make it higher? DPS or damage? Or is it the "Bonus damage" stat? Or more than one of these? Or all three?