PDA

View Full Version : Playing on the Galaxy S3

Mqfarley9ers
12-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Has anyone had trouble playing on this phone?

bronislav84
12-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Why? Have you? I've had none. Top of the line phones should have no problems playing STS games.

cookiez
12-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Yeah I've had trouble playing on my evo 3D. It's a very good phone but the graphics lag. I play on excellent Wi-Fi and have 80-120 ping. Recently it's rather impossible to pvp. It kinda sucks...

WarTornBird
12-21-2012, 10:42 PM
I have NO issues what so ever.

SteelDroid
12-22-2012, 01:37 AM
I notice people from the USA don't have the same issues people from the UK experience. I'm guessing its because the us version runs a different CPU to the European version. My s3 crashes all the time whilst in the transition screens of the game and I get the same on my nexus 7 tablet. There are a few threads on this in the bugs section.

JaytB
12-22-2012, 05:14 AM
European version here, no problems whatsoever.

SteelDroid
12-22-2012, 02:34 PM
European version here, no problems whatsoever.

What version of android are you running?

JaytB
12-22-2012, 02:49 PM
What version of android are you running?

4.1.1 Jelly Bean, stock Samsung rom.

BuLLitz
12-27-2012, 12:30 PM
My S3 crashes REGULARLY while playing PL.

It crashes when using the Join Game screen (scrolling through the available games) and sometimes when trying to join a game.

For a while it was crashing while playing but it does not seem to do that anymore.
If you are having THAT problem, here are the steps that I did to eliminate it.

Delete all of your PL game cache and your saved data using your application manager.
Uninstall PL.
Find Play Store in your application manager and delete all of your cache there as well.
Re download and install PL.

Again, mine still crashes using the join game menu... but at least it no longer crashes during game play.

Samsung Galaxy S3 - i747.
US
ATT
Android Ver 4.1.1
Kernel 3.0.31-274808

xxpanzeexx
12-29-2012, 11:44 AM
My S3 crashes REGULARLY while playing PL.

It crashes when using the Join Game screen (scrolling through the available games) and sometimes when trying to join a game.

For a while it was crashing while playing but it does not seem to do that anymore.
If you are having THAT problem, here are the steps that I did to eliminate it.

Delete all of your PL game cache and your saved data using your application manager.
Uninstall PL.
Find Play Store in your application manager and delete all of your cache there as well.
Re download and install PL.

Again, mine still crashes using the join game menu... but at least it no longer crashes during game play.

Samsung Galaxy S3 - i747.
US
ATT
Android Ver 4.1.1
Kernel 3.0.31-274808
Did you try breaking it?

razerfingers
12-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Yeah I've had trouble playing on my evo 3D. It's a very good phone but the graphics lag. I play on excellent Wi-Fi and have 80-120 ping. Recently it's rather impossible to pvp. It kinda sucks...

I myself use evo 3D unless you havent got new phone from this last post. Saool told me restarting it here and there helps with the lag. Then deathpunch said to kill running background apps so i restart my phone kill running apps by long pressing home then i login to PL and lag is gone for about a week so you should try it. Dont know if itl work for you though haha im running android 4.0 so dunno if that has to do with anything.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Deadsoldiers
12-29-2012, 12:37 PM
So i had the problem that my game crashed on my galaxy nexus maguro (GSM) running the version 4.2.1. I deleted PL then turned off phone, turned it on again and reinstalled working fine now :)