PDA

View Full Version : New weapons pointless?

azefekie
12-21-2012, 09:11 PM
I've noticed all the old weapons (ex flamestrike) can also be a level 21, and better then the new weapons. If this is the way things are gonna be done might as well stop creating new weapons and just keep what's out there. Level 16- should of been left for those levels not extended. I have 2 demonblades (rouge) no one wants them because heartseekers are better. I love the look of all the new gear and weapons but if the same old items are gonna be better the game will get boring real fast.

Fao
12-21-2012, 09:12 PM
I agree. But they'll make changes to things eventually!

ArcanePlayz
12-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Guns are the worst, with so low DPS. The abilities are okay.. but the Damage is just not satisfing. Looks of the new weapons arent bad but the stats that are pulling player down.

azefekie
12-21-2012, 09:24 PM
IKR! the gun looks freaking awesome I'm pretty upset it doesn't have more damage and dps
Guns are the worst, with so low DPS. The abilities are okay.. but the Damage is just not satisfing. Looks of the new weapons arent bad but the stats that are pulling player down.

KYLE_jn
12-21-2012, 09:39 PM
I do believe they are going to make changes..
I think,, They bassically just added more weapon choices for now?... Better looks / stats are still to come, for sure! ;)

azefekie
12-21-2012, 09:41 PM
I understand this but last time they made changes to weapons we already had it made a lot of us end up with crappy weapons when they were the best at the time before the change.
I do believe they are going to make changes..
I think,, They bassically just added more weapon choices for now?... Better looks / stats are still to come, for sure! ;)

ShadowGunX
12-21-2012, 10:10 PM
for warrior swords nd shield r ok. anybody who want more armour takes new weaps nd those who dnt want takes shadowrealm

ArcanePlayz
12-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Shield and swords are great for Elite Maps. They are very helpful with an okay DPS and a high Armor, this makes the Warrior class unbalanced to Socerers and Rogues.

DataPunk
12-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Yea i think mymages kelvins cannon could do with a buff tbh

Royce
12-22-2012, 10:17 AM
I find the gun to be decent. My weapon damage is lower than with my flamestrike, but I don't have to point myself toward the enemy to use the gun, so I don't drop DPS while I'm running around. My skill damage seems to be higher with the gun, so I'm really blowing the crap out of stuff for the most part.

DataPunk
12-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Are u comparing to a lvl16 or 21 rod?

Goodjacky
12-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Maybe they are for pvp

Royce
12-22-2012, 10:48 AM

16, but even if the skill damage evens out with level 20 (which is what my gun is), the main advantages are range and the ability to fire at a target not in front of you while running. I just checked on the CS and even a level 20 flamestrike has lower "damage". I'm still not clear on what you want for skill damage though, damage or bonus damage. I'm not saying they couldn't use a little tweak, or that they're the best weapons out there, but I'm running elite pretty effectively while I toy around with mine.

Y.H.L
12-22-2012, 11:59 AM
ya. hard drop than jarl. but get bad item.

Enisceloz
12-22-2012, 12:08 PM
If there's a change to beef up the new weapons and armor pieces, this is going to upset a lot of people who have already spent hundreds of thousands on the scaled up old items! So as of now I'm not buying nothing new and I'm not going to sell the new items that I have acquired, I learned my lesson last time!

TheAnonymous
12-22-2012, 12:33 PM
I agree the new stuff is pointless that is why you sell it to others who don't know that :)

Enisceloz
12-22-2012, 12:40 PM
I agree the new stuff is pointless that is why you sell it to others who don't know that :)

Hopefully you selling them for tons of gold, because if they do beef up their stats and you sold it for ex 300K, then the change comes and it's being sold for 900K I would be furious!!

drgrimmy
12-22-2012, 01:10 PM
16, but even if the skill damage evens out with level 20 (which is what my gun is), the main advantages are range and the ability to fire at a target not in front of you while running. I just checked on the CS and even a level 20 flamestrike has lower "damage". I'm still not clear on what you want for skill damage though, damage or bonus damage. I'm not saying they couldn't use a little tweak, or that they're the best weapons out there, but I'm running elite pretty effectively while I toy around with mine.

I will have to agree. You really have to be careful just looking at the dps of a weapon to evaluate it effectiveness. The gun (particularly the brutality version) actually has really good skill damage and is very good if you are an aoe nuke mage. I am just happy that noboody likes them bacause they look unimpressive on the stat page. Made it so they were cheap in the auction house and I didn't have to waste plat to gamble to get one :)

krakuus
12-22-2012, 01:19 PM
"Pointless" is this topic not new weapons.
They're not worse ,they're just different...

Mage
Gun -> Skill DMG
Rod -> DPS

Warrior
Big Sword/Axe - Damage
Sword and Shield - Armor

Rogue
Bow - Ranged
Daggers - Close

You have choice now ,what's the problem ? Don't like new weapons / play style ? Don't use them and stop cryin.

CosmoxKramer
12-22-2012, 01:21 PM
actually, the new Elite weapons from Elite Banded chests have new looks to them but have the same stats for same level Elite items from Elite Chests II. So yes you could get legacy items, but if you want the cool new look, you need to farm the DC elites. Same with the Armor.

DrGrimmy has a point too. Don't just look at the DPS anymore of an item. DPS is only good if you are spamming your attack button and not using skills as much. If you mostly focus on a skill rotation, then higher Damage items are better. Your Skill damage/healing is directly based on your Damage (not DPS). So if you one of the new guns/bows you will probably want to focus on the crit versions, not the bonus damage versions, same with the rings you buy. rings/weapons with Damage on them (assault/potency/brutality) are better for DPS or non-skill based builds. Items with Crit on them (i forget the suffixes, fatality, tactics, something) are better suited for bow/guns crit builds.

azefekie
12-22-2012, 02:43 PM

azefekie
12-22-2012, 02:45 PM
you're right but other then skill damage being up the rest pretty much sucks, it's not what i expected from new level cap gear and weapons.
I will have to agree. You really have to be careful just looking at the dps of a weapon to evaluate it effectiveness. The gun (particularly the brutality version) actually has really good skill damage and is very good if you are an aoe nuke mage. I am just happy that noboody likes them bacause they look unimpressive on the stat page. Made it so they were cheap in the auction house and I didn't have to waste plat to gamble to get one :)

azefekie
12-22-2012, 02:47 PM
don't troll stick to pve. skill damage and dps should both be up on new weapons. you obviously missed the point.

Mage
Gun -> Skill DMG
Rod -> DPS

Warrior
Big Sword/Axe - Damage
Sword and Shield - Armor

Rogue
Bow - Ranged
Daggers - Close

You have choice now ,what's the problem ? Don't like new weapons / play style ? Don't use them and stop cryin.

krakuus
12-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Up ? Because of what ? Cuz you can't sell your items ? Pathetic
Poor 21 lvl Blue Blaster of Brutality has got already better Skill Damage then 21 lvl Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault. While the first one is over 7 times cheaper... So I don't think I missed the point.

Btw. Haven't you heard about post editing ?

Veenijit
12-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Cost : Flamestrike > Blue Blaster
Skill Damage : Flamestrike < Blue Blaster

brb using blue blaster all day

inbefore DPS of flame owns blue blaster..

brb using normal attacks all day with a sorcerer

not serious

ShadowGunX
12-22-2012, 11:07 PM

Mage
Gun -> Skill DMG
Rod -> DPS

Warrior
Big Sword/Axe - Damage
Sword and Shield - Armor

Rogue
Bow - Ranged
Daggers - Close

i totally agree with u. i m a warrior using shield nd sword. though my skill dmg is lowered (-20 approx.) bt i got +100mana nd whopping +89 armour sacrifing -20dmg nd -10dex. bt who cares i need to tank coz i hav taunt skill (HoR skill is maxed) :-P

Aeoros
12-22-2012, 11:52 PM
The addition of swords and shields was a nice touch, gave the option of a damage/armour tradeoff for warriors. However, bows and guns seem a bit on the lackluster side at the moment. Their damage output just can't compare. Sure, for a single charged high crit, the values might be higher, but since their damage over the long term can't even come close, they're more of a gimmick weapon coming from a rogue's point of view.

azefekie
12-23-2012, 12:38 AM
i love forum trolls, i sold my stuff thanks though. One item from the new cap shouldn't be better then all, there should be multiple that are better. you still missed the point lol, BOTH SHOULD BE UP ( dmg & dps). i guess you don't like having new weapons just the same ones.
Up ? Because of what ? Cuz you can't sell your items ? Pathetic
Poor 21 lvl Blue Blaster of Brutality has got already better Skill Damage then 21 lvl Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault. While the first one is over 7 times cheaper... So I don't think I missed the point.

Btw. Haven't you heard about post editing ?

DataPunk
12-23-2012, 05:28 AM
Why are u being such a ahole?

Megabird56
12-23-2012, 06:01 AM
Why are u being such a ahole?

Ikr. What a wierdo.