PDA

View Full Version : Leszon's rogue build

Leszon
12-22-2012, 06:40 AM
I would like to introduce you to my rogue build. It's an allrounder that you can use for AOE farming, as well as bosses. Please, let me know what you think about it.

Stats:

I prefer going straight DEX, since you want to maximize your damage output. At level 20/21 you already have enough health to potion-spam yourself out of trouble, but if you feel that it's not enough and you're still lacking survivability, you can put some points into STR.

Items:

Simply the best gear you can afford. You're looking for stuff with extra DEX and STR. Mine consists of Agile Heartseekers of Brutality (lvl 20), Agile Ranger Cloak of Will (lvl 20), Agile Ranger Leather of Security (lvl 20), Ensorcelled Ring of Brutality (lvl 20), Divine Brooch of Brutality (lvl 20).

Skills:

Noxious Bolt 5/5 (Lingering Poison, Strengthened Shot, Fragmentation, Serrated Arrowhead) - In my opinion it's a very underrated, versatile skill. Perfect for bosses (great synergy with Aimed Shot). Charged one is good for AOE farming.

Razor Shield 3/5 (Whirling Razors, Increased Duration) - A mix of AOE damage and defensive effect.

Aimed Shot 5/5 (Accuracy, Critical Shot, Deadly Focus, Shatter Armor) - Perfect for bosses, together with Noxious Bolt simply destroys them.

Shadow Veil 4/5 (Masked Presence, Shadow Absorption, Lingering Fumes) - Great skill. Buff for you and your teammates, debuff for enemies.

Passives:

2/5 Agility - Extra DEX always helps. (3/5 ultimately at level 21)

Pet:

Malison - Perfect for this build. Covers your STR/INT deficit + gives you more DEX and Crit + dodge on Arcane Ability use.

That's how my stats look with this build at level 20:

zweixii
12-22-2012, 01:07 PM
After trying different build during the free respec I ended up with a build similar to you (pure dex with Aimed shot 5/5, Noxious Bolt 5/5 and Shadow Veil 4/5). However, I haven't decided on the fourth skill and would like to ask your opinion on Shadow Storm Shot?

Have you try using Bow weapon with your build? What other pet you recommend on your build if Malison isn't available?

Btw, nice stats do post another screenshot when you hit lvl21.

Leszon
12-22-2012, 02:50 PM
After trying different build during the free respec I ended up with a build similar to you (pure dex with Aimed shot 5/5, Noxious Bolt 5/5 and Shadow Veil 4/5). However, I haven't decided on the fourth skill and would like to ask your opinion on Shadow Storm Shot?

Have you try using Bow weapon with your build? What other pet you recommend on your build if Malison isn't available?

Btw, nice stats do post another screenshot when you hit lvl21.

I haven't used bow weapon yet, but if I did, of course I would drop Razor Shield since it's becoming useless. That would give me 3 skill points to distribute. Shadow Storm Shot looks like must be 5/5 skill, the same thing is with Noxious Bolt and Aimed Shot, then what? Drop another skill, or drop passives? Shadow Veil is really helpfull, not only for you, but for whole team.
On the other hand I would never replace Noxious Bolt or Aimed Shot with Shadow Storm Shot. These are core.

As far as concerning pets I think there are many avaliable options. Malison is the best, but there are other pets that fit this build well e.g. Kettle, Wrathjaw, Horton, Meep-Mop, Nexus, Ribbit, Deary... It depends on your playstyle a lot.