PDA

View Full Version : Ideal first character for PvE/getting stuff.

Ellyidol
09-18-2010, 06:19 AM
Hey guys, I started this game just last week and I'm loving it.

I currently have a level 28 Archer, pure dex. Though I've been thinking about the possible characters.

I want a character that can mostly solo, since I don't have any friends yet or such. I was thinking like a mage with good aoe/heal. Or I've seen warriors that can just take on mobs without dying. I'm not really sure what to do. Hope you guys can help.

So the best for PvE is? Since I mostly wanna get a 45 character and use it to farm gear for my other characters.

Raxie
09-18-2010, 06:44 AM
well to farm solo, a tank is obviously the best; a tank is a str warrior.
however, a pure avian is a very great choice. it has great dps and critical to kill enemies very fast.

KingFu
09-18-2010, 06:49 AM
You'll most likely want a tank (warrior, pure str) to solo, but it still might be difficult to solo, the game should be played as a group, and should be a more fun experience that you take with friends rather than alone. Just my opinion.

Ellyidol
09-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Yeah a tank seems the best way to go, though sometimes you just can't help but not find a decent group or such to do levels with. I just got a level 7 warrior 3:2 str:dex and it seemed quite expensive to spam pots. Even more if you don't have a healer. I guess I'll stick to my archer. Warrior just seemed so cool with big weapons and stuff.

Btw, does str really not do much aside from hp? So if your going for damage you should go dex no matter what class?

Snakespeare
09-18-2010, 07:47 AM
I leveled one of each pure type simultaneously and traded items between them. My main, though, is the pure archer. I think being ranged, if you're solo, is a big advantage.

Ellyidol
09-18-2010, 07:50 AM
I did notice how the archer kills things fast so it makes solo-ing easier. Though in this game it seems mob-soloing is the way to go. Which made me think of warrior and such, but a warrior (full str for tank) isn't really what I expected, and a full dex can't use the gear. Which leaves a mage, though I'm not sure if a pure int mage is any good solo-ing.

vulgarstrike
09-18-2010, 08:13 AM
well, this isn't a rreally a game meant for soloing, but if you want, tanks are the way to go. soloing will be expensive. very. expensive. that is all.

Ellyidol
09-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah I noticed, I guess what I was looking for was like a character good enough to do blue-yellow mobs solo. Guess it doesn't exist? I'll stick with my archer and see what end-game is like :) Almost 30.

KingFu
09-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Or you could go dex bear, high dps, higher armor, higher health. ;)

Ellyidol
09-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Aren't the skills of the archer what makes it good though? Focus, blast shot, armor break? Though I haven't seen bear skills so it could compare. Dex bear easy to level too?

KingFu
09-18-2010, 09:53 AM
I found my dex bear was the easiest to level, I didn't power level him either.

Royce
09-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Aren't the skills of the archer what makes it good though? Focus, blast shot, armor break? Though I haven't seen bear skills so it could compare. Dex bear easy to level too?

Bears don't have the same kind of ranged skills, but they do have the best buffs in the game. Rage is way better than Focus, and bears have Ironblood as well as Evasion. Bowbears are not the uberhybrids they used to be, but they're still very strong. Not sure what you mean about "easy to level". I've leveled just about every type of hybrid and all the pures, and I haven't found any to be more difficult than any other...

KingFu
09-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Eh, I found dex bears more fun, and quicker to level.

Not to mention, even though most of bears skills aren't ranged, they have the funnest skill (IMO) in the game, beckon. It pulls the enemies in towards you and I believe it has a 50% chance of stun. They also have higher health, nice dps, damage, and dodge, they used to be debatably one if the best hybrids, they're still great, but not the best for pvp.

Ellyidol
09-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Do you mind doing a quick description of those bear skills? Haven't been around long enough to know them right away. =/

Oh, I meant are they actually doing a role in the fights. Like archers do damage, bears tank, was just afraid dex bears get caught in between or such.

I might just try that then. :)

I'm not really looking to pvp soon anyway, I wanna be decked out first.

KingFu
09-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Basically, it's just buffs, evasion raises dodge, iron blood raises armor, rage raises crit, restore which raises your HS and heals you slightly, and taunt has the enemies target you, and raises your dodge more. The other skills are beckon, which pulls the target towards you, delivering damage, and having a chance at stunning them, stomp which knocks back the enemy, gives damage, and stuns them, hell scream which stuns the enemies and I believe it delivers debuff, and the rest ate basically slashes, which are close range strikes.

Royce
09-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Do you mind doing a quick description of those bear skills? Haven't been around long enough to know them right away. =/

You can find a link to pictures of all the bear skill descriptions here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3679-Elf-Skill-List&highlight=skill+list
They are the old non-dynamic descriptions, but they still tell you what the skills do.

Arterra
09-18-2010, 10:16 AM
you could have a bear solo yellow and below mobs if careful. i do. sometimes you will need potions, yes, but with enough armor and strategic use of armor spell, it can be done.
ps i dont suggest all bosses to be soloed. just in case, beckon seems to be best boss stunner.

Ellyidol
09-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks! So other than those awesome buffs, I shouldn't bother getting slashes with a dex bear right? Since I'd be using a bow therefore focusing more on normal hits? Which means I should focus on H/S or armor more than anything else?

regie831
09-18-2010, 10:40 PM
since your an avian..I'd advise changing to str..well its what i did if i wanted to solo and farm rares

Arterra
09-18-2010, 10:52 PM
since your an avian..I'd advise changing to str..well its what i did if i wanted to solo and farm rares
he said slashes, so i think he means dex-bear.

with a dex bear right?
ahh
str is for armor and HP. but i noticed earlier you said you had no friends... no worries. just join a game with people in it and friend them after some time. that way you dont have to ever rely on solo-farming.

Ellyidol
09-19-2010, 03:27 AM
Yeah I meant no slashes with dex bear. Am I right?

Yup I noticed how quick it is to join games so hopefully I won't have to solo much. I'm still really confused on how stats work. From what I know:

Str- Just health, and enough gives 1 h/s

Dex - dodge and crit and damage (idk how dex raises all damage types)

Int - Just mana, and enough gives 1 m/s

Am I right?