PDA

View Full Version : Class + Stat Speccing

Heroelite
12-23-2012, 11:30 AM
The system should be like AL, where if your a warrior, str points will boost you more than the other stats. And same for the other classes.
I was thinking something like this for each class.
Bear: Every 10 str points = 2 Hit% 10 Health
Mage: Every 10 int points = 1 m/s 5 Mana 1% hit
Bird: Every 10 dex points = 1 Armor 1 Damage
Rhino: Every 7 str points = 5 Health
Every 3int points = 4 mana
Fox: Every 7 dex points = 0.4 crit
Every 3 int points = 0.5 armor
And these are BONUSES to the current stat bonuses but only work if you are using the specific class.

This might fix various things like low lvl PVP, OP classes, and playing roles in PVE.

I noticed in low lvl pvp that 99% of players had the Dex stat. Many were just full dex.
The reason is because speccing in just Str or just Int was not logical.
Str has no hit% and very low damage, Int at low lvl is almost like the weaker version of Dex.

PVE is full of bow bears hiding behind birds and mages, Mages not healing or reviving, and birds who are afriad of getting aggro.
This could be the fix for this. Bears would have more str and more confidence in tanking. Mages wouldn't be afriad to spam skills with their mana + mana regen, birds would get a boost to armor and damage which also makes them better for the team. Foxes and Rhinos I do not have much experience playing, but I noticed Rhino has very good support buffs and spells, but they lose mana very easily. Foxes are very good at dealing damage but they are pretty weak.

This is just an idea so comments and feedback would be nice! :D

Waug
12-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Your main point str should ALSO give hit %, actually that would dis-balance more nearly every level of pvp rather balance, cuz this would hurt the basic rule - str player's hit % should sucks, otherwise they would get both the advantages, they are already op.

Heroelite
12-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Your main point str should ALSO give hit %, actually that would dis-balance more nearly every level of pvp rather balance, cuz this would hurt the basic rule - str player's hit % should sucks, otherwise they would get both the advantages, they are already op.
How is the Str stat OP? Gives the least damage boost, no hit percent. I think the only thing it gives is dodge, health, armor, and h/s. How would this dis balance nearly every level of pvp? Only like 1% of the PvP population in low lvl has more str than dex.
Completely wrong on saying Str is OP. You must play endgame where you think str is OP when it is actually not. The only thing that is OP is the dodge on the Str gear and that can be fixed but without that, bears will be back to using bows endgame.

Bunnyshoota
12-23-2012, 05:13 PM
The system should be like AL, where if your a warrior, str points will boost you more than the other stats. And same for the other classes.
I was thinking something like this for each class.
Bear: Every 10 str points = 2 Hit% 10 Health
Mage: Every 10 int points = 1 m/s 5 Mana 1% hit
Bird: Every 10 dex points = 1 Armor 1 Damage
Rhino: Every 7 str points = 5 Health
Every 3int points = 4 mana
Fox: Every 7 dex points = 0.4 crit
Every 3 int points = 0.5 armor
And these are BONUSES to the current stat bonuses but only work if you are using the specific class.

This might fix various things like low lvl PVP, OP classes, and playing roles in PVE.

I noticed in low lvl pvp that 99% of players had the Dex stat. Many were just full dex.
The reason is because speccing in just Str or just Int was not logical.
Str has no hit% and very low damage, Int at low lvl is almost like the weaker version of Dex.

PVE is full of bow bears hiding behind birds and mages, Mages not healing or reviving, and birds who are afriad of getting aggro.
This could be the fix for this. Bears would have more str and more confidence in tanking. Mages wouldn't be afriad to spam skills with their mana + mana regen, birds would get a boost to armor and damage which also makes them better for the team. Foxes and Rhinos I do not have much experience playing, but I noticed Rhino has very good support buffs and spells, but they lose mana very easily. Foxes are very good at dealing damage but they are pretty weak.

This is just an idea so comments and feedback would be nice! :D

Str giving hit is just overpowered.

Spyce
12-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Str giving hit is just overpowered.

I would give mage 1 regen instead of 1 hit %.

Roberto077
12-23-2012, 05:29 PM
I like the system as it is. If only we could get rid of dem forgotten bowz..... jk, I know there is no chance at this point....

Jespo
12-23-2012, 06:06 PM
If it was like this i think the birds would REALLY rage.

WarTornBird
12-23-2012, 08:23 PM
If it was like this i think the birds would REALLY rage.

I have to agree. A pure birds only chance at even being close is to blind them. Only chance.

Deathofan
12-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Lmao 10str gives 2% hit & 10dex gives zero. If I apply what you are saying to a l75 crafted bear, he should have 174% hit & 1,100health pool as a pure str build (550total str) = every 10str 2% hit 10health?????

Unxtoxic
12-24-2012, 02:49 AM
Lol I always thought if you add dex on a bird it adds to hit% as well. Hmmmph learn something everyday.

Suntv
12-24-2012, 04:22 AM
PVE is full of ... Mages not healing or reviving ...

Fact, too bad but a fact :(

Caztori
12-24-2012, 05:28 AM
This will limit the classes in PL.. Everyone should be full str/dex/int depending on class and we would only see Warriors, ennchantresses, rangers, archers and paladins.
Today we got three sub classes to every class, isn't variety a good thing?

Cuz I love my dex bear :)

vle_hoang
12-24-2012, 05:39 AM
If you change bonus that base stats gives, you gotta change all stats on all equips in PL. Hope you get what i mean.

Heroelite
12-24-2012, 08:29 PM
If you change bonus that base stats gives, you gotta change all stats on all equips in PL. Hope you get what i mean.
No I don't get what you mean. I'm just saying that if your using a class and you put points into your main stat, you should get a bonus stat (like crit, damage, etc.. not str, int, or dex). And the main point of this thread is just to suggest class and attribute speccing like it is in AL. The numbers are just examples anyways so no need to criticize those.

JFelt8
12-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Truly the only effective way to make this game pure str int or Dex is to make gear class specific and who really wants that. I like the fact of dual stating makes for a variety of play styles and looks. Str gear does need hit % raised so tanks can tank but then again in this age of lix users tanks r pretty much dead. Hence the reason I cap my love the bear ans switch to mage. Its the only way I know there will b a healer that heals and revs instead of thinking they r the tank cause of a 4x op non class knowing cheat

Waug
12-24-2012, 10:06 PM
How is the Str stat OP? Gives the least damage boost, no hit percent. I think the only thing it gives is dodge, health, armor, and h/s. How would this dis balance nearly every level of pvp? Only like 1% of the PvP population in low lvl has more str than dex.
Completely wrong on saying Str is OP. You must play endgame where you think str is OP when it is actually not. The only thing that is OP is the dodge on the Str gear and that can be fixed but without that, bears will be back to using bows endgame.

how? I said in my main post. Actually str meant for tanking not to deliver highest damage among all classes, combing these two facts high tanking+high damage would make it so op for other classes, most of the level even we assume it would be good for very few levels but still it would be very bad for majority of levels thus creating an imbalance overall.

vle_hoang
12-24-2012, 11:17 PM
No I don't get what you mean. I'm just saying that if your using a class and you put points into your main stat, you should get a bonus stat (like crit, damage, etc.. not str, int, or dex). And the main point of this thread is just to suggest class and attribute speccing like it is in AL. The numbers are just examples anyways so no need to criticize those.

Why do you want to make PL like AL? In AL, can a war wear a mage equips? The good things in PL is any class can wear any equips with right stats. For me, AL is quite easy to spec since you only need stats into your main stats (especially for war) and maybe some stats in Cons (for HP, for mage and thief) for more surviability.

Heroelite
12-25-2012, 03:07 PM
how? I said in my main post. Actually str meant for tanking not to deliver highest damage among all classes, combing these two facts high tanking+high damage would make it so op for other classes, most of the level even we assume it would be good for very few levels but still it would be very bad for majority of levels thus creating an imbalance overall.
Lol no where did I say in my post I wanted to make the tank deal high damage. A pure tank bear can't even tank as well as a str/dex tank due to the lack in Hit%. Beckons aren't hitting, debuffs, etc... Hit% and Health would make bears more of a tank. That doesn't increase damage at all. Maybe you should try and read the post before you type random stuff.

Heroelite
12-25-2012, 03:12 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64334-***RAWR!!-A-Comprehensive-Analysis-of-Strength-Sets-AO3-to-Humania***
Thread by CrimsonTider
To show how Str not OP at all. It's more the dodge in the gear that many people cry about and call OP.

Waug
12-25-2012, 09:54 PM
no where did I say in my post I wanted to make the tank deal high damage yes u said, but perhaps by not knowing it, I won't have to answer ur question cuz u answered ur own question right here in this particular post.
A pure tank bear can't even tank as well as a str/dex tank due to the lack in Hit%. Beckons aren't hitting, debuffs, etc... Hit% and Health would make bears more of a tank. That doesn't increase damage at all. Maybe you should try and read the post before you type random stuff.
You said here bears would do more damage with high hit ,indeed that's what I meant bears would do more damage with high hit% but than u would say partial dex is doing that but then he's sacrificing str, here's a perfect example
Lmao 10str gives 2% hit & 10dex gives zero. If I apply what you are saying to a l75 crafted bear, he should have 174% hit & 1,100health pool as a pure str build (550total str) = every 10str 2% hit 10health?????
that's what justifying my point high damage +high tanking.
secondly u misunderstood tanking, tank meant to absorb damage not doing damage that's what u said.

Heroelite
12-26-2012, 12:43 AM
yes u said, but perhaps by not knowing it, I won't have to answer ur question cuz u answered ur own question right here in this particular post.
You said here bears would do more damage with high hit ,indeed that's what I meant bears would do more damage with high hit% but than u would say partial dex is doing that but then he's sacrificing str, here's a perfect example
that's what justifying my point high damage +high tanking.
secondly u misunderstood tanking, tank meant to absorb damage not doing damage that's what u said.

Lawl you must be a 24/7 thrasher bird. Just "tanking" by your definition, it will take you 30 minutes just to finish the trash mobs on a Blacksmoke map without elixirs. You'll probably end up with a party wipe too. In order to be a successful tank, you also have to hold aggro and control the mobs. You can't do that if you miss all your hits, your beckons, your debuffs, etc... So it was you who misunderstood tanking.

Waug
12-26-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm done here, you're ignoring true logic. I know true knowledge of game hardly exists these days.

I never used any kinda paid elix, I'm just a hardcore pvp-er.

WarTornBird
12-26-2012, 10:50 AM
In the end even if a tank doesn't have much damage. A Thrasher can fix it right away. With everyone using elixirs. Who cares who has aggro at this point.

Heroelite
12-26-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm done here, you're ignoring true logic. I know true knowledge of game hardly exists these days.

I never used any kinda paid elix, I'm just a hardcore pvp-er.
What is "true logic"? All I'm doing is telling you why every single post you made in this thread was incorrect, but you were right on the fact that knowledge of the game hardly exists these days. Rofl.
Btw fbow pvping is not hardcore.

Waug
12-27-2012, 02:09 AM
What is "true logic"? All I'm doing is telling you why every single post you made in this thread was incorrect, but you were right on the fact that knowledge of the game hardly exists these days. Rofl.
Btw fbow pvping is not hardcore.

My posts aren't incorrect, you don't have the capability to understand it anyway goodluck.

And who said I do fbow pvp, rather I love the opponent with fbow, cuz if I can't pwn a fbow in most cases I think I should quit pvp.

And lastly, if devs implement, whatever you said, in this particular PL mechanism, at least mid to endgame pvp should be collapsed, int and dex players would be eliminated from pvp. It's your fault if you cant understand it.

P.S. : When I said str is op , I didn't mean that just str points making you op, but overall but then you misunderstood it and behaved like a newb, you said str gear is op, not str point, so str player's wont use str gear? You dont need hard research to find that, ask any decent pvper or read post related to it on forums everyone says that, str is significantly op than anything (56 to endgame) just to remind you again, these changes not gonna impact only lower levels but the whole game.

Heroelite
12-27-2012, 06:52 PM
My posts aren't incorrect, you don't have the capability to understand it anyway goodluck.

And who said I do fbow pvp, rather I love the opponent with fbow, cuz if I can't pwn a fbow in most cases I think I should quit pvp.

And lastly, if devs implement, whatever you said, in this particular PL mechanism, at least mid to endgame pvp should be collapsed, int and dex players would be eliminated from pvp. It's your fault if you cant understand it.

P.S. : When I said str is op , I didn't mean that just str points making you op, but overall but then you misunderstood it and behaved like a newb, you said str gear is op, not str point, so str player's wont use str gear? You dont need hard research to find that, ask any decent pvper or read post related to it on forums everyone says that, str is significantly op than anything (56 to endgame) just to remind you again, these changes not gonna impact only lower levels but the whole game.
HAHA You're completely wrong. You completely misread my post too. I said the bonuses are for certain classes only to promote roles. Like Bear gets the Str bonus, not every single class. And I lol'd when I saw you wrote str (stat) is significantly op over anything (56 to endgame). Too funny. Drop your fbow buddy and take a look at everything you're saying, what a joke.

Waug
12-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Now this is the time to ignore, you've nothing to say about this topic just fake predictions ==>you 24 hour elix, you just an endgame pvp-er, you're fbow pvp-er and so on ... Good luck keep up the good job.

FYI, I had nearly 100k pvp combats, even before fbow was introduced to this game.

Heroelite
12-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Now this is the time to ignore, you've nothing to say about this topic just fake predictions ==>you 24 hour elix, you just an endgame pvp-er, you're fbow pvp-er and so on ... Good luck keep up the good job.

FYI, I had nearly 100k pvp combats, even before fbow was introduced to this game.

Hmm I think someone might be a little upset. Thought you said you were done here 2 posts ago. Well anyways, shows you aren't able to accept the fact that all your posts were incorrect and showed no knowledge of the game. Cya! I'm outta here! :smiley_simmons:

Waug
12-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Lolol, I'm so noob, the pro convinced me so pls Devs implement this and make bears invincible and destroy PvP completly (that would be so great, I didn't think about it, lol) -

Bear: Every 10 str
points = 2 Hit% 10
Health
Mage: Every 10 int
points = 1 m/s 5 Mana
1% hit
Bird: Every 10 dex
points = 1 Armor 1
Damage

Birds no hit% and bears high hit%, yay, anyone else enjoyed this thread, and laughed at the idea?

Jespo
12-28-2012, 12:11 PM
You guys arent using them bears right. My l70 bear str/dex in str angelic gear tanks like a boss