PDA

View Full Version : warriorss passives

digitalbot
12-23-2012, 01:52 PM
alrigght "my warrior has all the best gear with shield in passives maxed.
skills; hammer,wind,horn,venge.
i cannot hold agro.... im thinking respecing for some more crit and damage passives ( two crit ) three (dmg)
since low on plats...curious..i cannot hold agro..i get it..but cannot hold... even if im with a warrior who has chest splitter...a mage or rouge will dominate
idk more crit more dmg?
thanks guys

Bless
12-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Get chest splitter with windup interruption upgrade and you'll be fine.

digitalbot
12-23-2012, 02:28 PM
thank you for your reply, personaly i don,t like cs
on another note' more dmg will help keep agro? cause if rouges and mages are so buffed thays why they pulling them in.
jug is for real tanking..got the gear for it with the low dmg 1k plus armor tried it out..used many pots and need use mana regn pet all the time.
x.x im rly thinking sts knows things aren,t balanced as well as when they say they balancing just pvp..i really do hope also pve.

Bless
12-23-2012, 02:31 PM
But then again, rogues have 200+ dps, which is impossible for a warrior so might as well have a n aggro steal skill.

U can have CS or get the taunt upgrade in the horn of renew.

digitalbot
12-23-2012, 02:38 PM
heres my warrior, koko is equiped so giving me the plus 80 armor
i run stock 909 and everything else strenth ,crit, etc is stock (default no pets
also yes horn has taunt.

Goria
12-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Nice thread, Digital and also the arm is beast. I also have a warrior, tank build kinda, and I also can't hold sometimes aggro - Mage and Rogue dominate sometimes - I think it's because they do more dps, so the enemy will switch the target and attack them, instead of us (warriors). That's kinda ****ty, because before the update, I could hold aggro with the same skills as I have right now. New weapons (more dps) are dominating as it seems.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

Enisceloz
12-23-2012, 03:07 PM
alrigght "my warrior has all the best gear with shield in passives maxed.
skills; hammer,wind,horn,venge.
i cannot hold agro.... im thinking respecing for some more crit and damage passives ( two crit ) three (dmg)
since low on plats...curious..i cannot hold agro..i get it..but cannot hold... even if im with a warrior who has chest splitter...a mage or rouge will dominate
idk more crit more dmg?
thanks guys

Refer to the Warriors section in the forum bro for more details. But to answer your question quick you might be seeking to do something that's impossible depending on who you are running with at this moment in time, unless they make the taunts stronger!

digitalbot
12-23-2012, 03:08 PM
thanks you for your reply aswell input on this!
yes same skills as before update' always held agro..i jus put max shield cause even with koko and shield still get eatin alive..always use pots.
so since alrdy spamming pots i wouldnt mind spamming more if i get to keep agro atleast.
i know we do not need might but maybe upping crit to 3.80 will help since we get proc on vengeful and im alrdy hittin 305 crit, aswell as three points to damage..ima try that out will report once get plats :/

Enisceloz
12-23-2012, 03:18 PM
thanks you for your reply aswell input on this!
yes same skills as before update' always held agro..i jus put max shield cause even with koko and shield still get eatin alive..always use pots.
so since alrdy spamming pots i wouldnt mind spamming more if i get to keep agro atleast.
i know we do not need might but maybe upping crit to 3.80 will help since we get proc on vengeful and im alrdy hittin 305 crit, aswell as three points to damage..ima try that out will report once get plats :/

Yeah this is due to the fact that Sorcerers and Rogues are now able to achieve ridiculous amounts of Dmg, making our taunts non effective.

digitalbot
12-23-2012, 04:15 PM
yes sts give us more juice on taunts..its simple and easy fix ' why havent you done so alrdy? is there more we dont know? please use the emty white box for further information (:
im currently farming elite towers and having much fun regardless but would love to play correctly thank you

Wizard_Mike
12-23-2012, 04:51 PM
There's no way to match the DPS of other classes, so speccing for more damage isn't going to help much in the way of holding aggro. I suppose if you max out everything you can to get your Crit rate really high and are able to Crit at a faster rate than your teammates it might help, but then you are sacrificing your defenses.

I'm no expert, but it looks to me that the only way to maximize aggro management is to focus on taunts. Chest splitter, axe throw, juggernaut, and horn of renew are the four skills we have for taunting. They served me well before the expansion. When the expansion hit, I tried a lot of different setups, but ended up going back to these four. I'm not up to the new level cap yet, so can't comment there, but I can say that using this build is still the best for holding aggro for me. It's not without its issues, but it's the easiest to hold aggro with.

EDIT:
yes sts give us more juice on taunts..its simple and easy fix ' why havent you done so alrdy? is there more we dont know? please use the emty white box for further information (:
im currently farming elite towers and having much fun regardless but would love to play correctly thank you

I do feel the taunts need to get a boost in aggro. I would also love to see two passives added in: one that increases aggro while decreasing damage dealt, and one that decreases aggro while increasing damage. Not only will this help tanks be better and rogues/sorcerers be safer, but also non-tanking dps warriors will go for the aggro decreaser for the extra damage, making fighting over aggro with them more reasonable.

digitalbot
12-23-2012, 05:21 PM
very well thought out post mike i agree 100 percent
on another nother note ' i'd like to add i got dc on towers on boss, two mages where able to defeat him by themselves
lemme just add this, my other friend is a rouge and can tank/defeat jarl by self in under a min :/

digitalbot
12-23-2012, 05:37 PM
would this make sense bear with me.
add the 8 armor with this amulet
lose durable in passives
go critical and damage
would this make up for durable loss? im not sure if durable just adds one point? anyone know?
excuse my double post x.x
edit:: the games gna stay how it is, warriors need to learn there fifth skill to keep aggro on bosses..kinda toigh on trash mobs, and everyone needs top gear.
the skills always been there just its type hidden
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Montanabro
12-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Are you trying to keep aggro during boss fights? If so, use CS and Axe. You say you don't like CS...well CS is how you keep aggro from high DPS chars.

ShadowGunX
12-23-2012, 10:01 PM
u should practice doing DPS skill rotation. i think u r nt doing skill rotation correctly. rotation with boss is different to rotation use to group of mobs.

digitalbot
12-23-2012, 11:15 PM
u should practice doing DPS skill rotation. i think u r nt doing skill rotation correctly. rotation with boss is different to rotation use to group of mobs.

proc sword, hit with charged hammer? seems helping just a bit

Enisceloz
12-24-2012, 01:24 AM
Have you checked the Warriors section yet? Like I said you are trying something that's nearly impossible at this time if you are running with Sorcerers and Rogues who have high damage and continually spam their skills!!

Heres the link (start reading from Post #38 and on): http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78475-Warrior-Tanking-123-with-explanations&p=904922&viewfull=1#post904922