PDA

View Full Version : CS worth it anymore?

Liquid Ice
12-23-2012, 05:10 PM
So I have been running with chest splitter before the undead city update because of its interrupter ability. With the new update CS seems to not interrupt any of the new bosses. Is it even worth rolling with it anymore?

Wizard_Mike
12-23-2012, 05:17 PM
It still has the taunt mechanic, so it's still useful (needed, IMO) for tanking. But yeah, the fact that we can't interrupt the new bosses is taking it's toll on the effectiveness of tanks. Now we have to run around the red lights just like the rest of the group, which makes positioning a boss for the safety of the team very difficult.

Enisceloz
12-23-2012, 07:45 PM
It still has the taunt mechanic, so it's still useful (needed, IMO) for tanking. But yeah, the fact that we can't interrupt the new bosses is taking it's toll on the effectiveness of tanks. Now we have to run around the red lights just like the rest of the group, which makes positioning a boss for the safety of the team very difficult.

I keep hearing running around the red zone when not able to interrupt an enemies charged attack with CS. Are you guys trying to do boss fights without using pots? I've really never used CS so I just stand still and take the red zone hit. And no bosses so far can get my health below half, then I just either have time to hit a charged HoR or Vengeful and I get my Health close or completely restored if not just use a pot or two.

ShadowGunX
12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
i use CS mainly to knockbck enemies (relentless strike upgrade) nd i like it coz it swing faster than hammer. i dnt fight that troll lol nd u can interrupt last boss bt u cant wen he uses meteor shower. mayb interrupt needs boss to b at ground :-P.

Rob Prose
12-24-2012, 12:19 AM
If the interupt mechanic is broke I'm shocked that Sammy hasn't made a comment yet. In regards to boss position one of the most basic tanking techniques that should always be done by a mt is to turn a boss away from heals and dps so that cone skills don't burn them. I'm not trying to troll or tool here but so many of the legends player base treat the bosses like diablo when they should be thinking wow. Off the cuff that may seem absurd seeing as every legends has been considered a hack and slash and running in is fine on trash mobs but when the big pulls happen timing and strategy is key the tank needs to pull then have at least .005 seconds to solidify aggro. And if your a dps and pulling off the tank well don't pull a bureaucrat and blame everyone else you might be the problem. Again not trying to troll the 200dps rogues you guys are great but sometimes you just need to take a step back and go easier on the spam.

Wizard_Mike
12-24-2012, 01:04 AM
I keep hearing running around the red zone when not able to interrupt an enemies charged attack with CS. Are you guys trying to do boss fights without using pots? I've really never used CS so I just stand still and take the red zone hit. And no bosses so far can get my health below half, then I just either have time to hit a charged HoR or Vengeful and I get my Health close or completely restored if not just use a pot or two.

It's not just about avoiding damage. Take Glob, for instance. If you never step out of his red zones, then you stay stunned half the fight. Doing nothing for half the fight makes it hard to maintain aggro, especially once he spawns his clones.

Enisceloz
12-24-2012, 01:13 AM
It's not just about avoiding damage. Take Glob, for instance. If you never step out of his red zones, then you stay stunned half the fight. Doing nothing for half the fight makes it hard to maintain aggro, especially once he spawns his clones.

Wasn't only pointing at you but on General Discussion I also keep hearing either from Warriors that they have to run in circles or from others complaining about Warriors running in circles and getting everyone killed. This applies to every boss and even mobs, so I'm really trying to get a sense on what most "Tanks" are doing. So I posted here because I believe we have more knowledgeable Warriors. And who's Glob? (I forgot). But I have yet to be stunned by any boss for that long bro.

ShadowGunX
12-24-2012, 01:41 AM
i do solo nwadays coz rogues nd mages pull aggro so mch argghhh.
one day (lol nah everyday) i waz running with rogue nd mage. rogue pulls aggro from boss. OK. i pulled it again with CS nd then mage pulled aggro. OK. i pulled with CS again. then suddenly some undeads got spawn nd mage aggroed all mobs using fireball .OK. i pulled all with HoR. again pulled aggro with fireball. LOL mage died as my HoR needs more 10sec to CD. nd then rogue died nd i left :-P.
fireball pulls aggro nd has 3sec CD. one war cannot hold aggro on mobs bt can hold with boss.
For that reason i either do with one more wae or solo.

Wizard_Mike
12-24-2012, 03:20 AM
And who's Glob? (I forgot). But I have yet to be stunned by any boss for that long bro.

Boss in the arcanum. Big demon looking monster who stuns constantly and clones himself. If you have yet to be stunned by a boss that much, then you have yet to stand in this guy's red zones for an entire fight, lol! Seriously, he lands a 2-3 second stun about every 5 or 6 seconds it seems (estimation).

Enisceloz
12-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Boss in the arcanum. Big demon looking monster who stuns constantly and clones himself. If you have yet to be stunned by a boss that much, then you have yet to stand in this guy's red zones for an entire fight, lol! Seriously, he lands a 2-3 second stun about every 5 or 6 seconds it seems (estimation).

Oh yeah that guy...he does stun you for a bit. But not the whole fight. I really only fought him twice (once in Elite the other in Normal) just to get achievements, and my team took him out pretty quick.

Liquid Ice
12-24-2012, 02:35 PM
I am not trying to avoid using pots. I am just wondering if CS is worth having in dead city maps. I have no issues keeping aggro, I have issues whether to keep CS because I believe it's interrupter is its bread and butter. I would rather use axe throw if it's only meant for getting more aggro.