PDA

View Full Version : Power leveling

Joboy
09-18-2010, 09:31 AM
What's the best place to power level with the Tombs of Mynas update? Thx. No hatred posting.

Royce
09-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Boooo. Play the game! ;)

KingFu
09-18-2010, 09:45 AM
The best places to power level are in:

Forest haven to level 10ish
Dark forest to level 18ish
Balefort to level 23ish
Fathom to level 27ish
Lost expedition to level 30ish
Ancient swamps or skeller to level 34ish
Ao1 to level 39ish
Ao2 to level 45

Trust me, it's the best way ;)

Joboy
09-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Boooo. Play the game! ;)

I really don't care what you think. I even said no hater posts.

KingFu
09-18-2010, 09:50 AM
What's the point in having the app if you sit behind your friends with nothing to do? Lol.

Royce
09-18-2010, 09:52 AM
I really don't care what you think. I even said no hater posts.

Boooo. Care what I think! ;)

KingFu
09-18-2010, 09:54 AM
Lol Roy, dude, if you hate on Royce, don't expect your questions to get answered ;)

Arterra
09-18-2010, 10:19 AM
honestly, if you powerlevel you miss out on the best part: experiencing all the dungeons while they are still interesting and a challenge.

using cheat codes is fun until you run out of things to do. :/

Furrawn
09-18-2010, 03:32 PM
If you had leveled a single character through the right way, you'd know the answer to your question.

Riccits
09-20-2010, 05:45 AM
try to play every time with 5 guys and maybe they should have a higher lvl than you, so you farm faster an easier..

Wbto-Angeluscustos
09-20-2010, 05:50 AM
I don't like to critisize but yes while powerlvling.. might have its benefits.. alot of people dont like you for it but if you are going to to do it go ahead its not cheating or anything enjoy the game if thats how you enjoy it go ahead.. I can;t improve on what people said about powerlvling so far in this thread so just follow there ideas.. they know just the places.. :)

InGameSupport/
Wbto

Antiturmoil
09-20-2010, 06:25 AM
I dont powerlvl but my recommendation is to play alot and when you reach lvl 33 or so start doing all possible runs in Ao2 or Ao1 I prefer doing Ao2 because the loot is funnier and I prefer the narrow passages, in Ao1 there is to much running around to find the enemies.

Snakespeare
09-20-2010, 07:50 AM
When you are playing solitaire, and nobody is looking, do you sift through the discard pile for a missing card? If so, you will only get a hollow victory. It's only fun when you don't try to fool yourself.

Nobody here is hating. They are trying to tell you that it isn't any fun.

Look at other threads here. Some guy who power leveled wants to quit after a few weeks. And look at those who did not power level. They stay for months. It's your call, but nobody is hating, only trying to help.

Gryndeon
09-20-2010, 08:37 AM
You know, I already have a level 45 character and am leveling up another (currently 38), but I'm still doing it the regular way. I have had friends offer to power level me, but it just feels wrong. I also find it a lot more fun playing with an underpowered Mage again without the benefit of all the Thoth and Isis gear. Last night, we ran ao2 with all the players under level 40. We had fun, we strategized, and we did it with minimal dying. When this character gets to 45, I'll probably start over again.

Once you get to 45, there really is not much to do besides farming and trading. For now, I enjoy the Frozen Nightmares maps (as a level 45) because of the challenge of having to go through monsters without the benefit of potions. I also know a bunch of the mynas group that won't dare to step a foot in those maps. So, win-win. :)

Gaabob
09-20-2010, 02:41 PM
I personally only power level past lv35+. And only if I'm with a group of friends and we are all doing the work. It's actually a little fun to go power leveling if everyone is helping, we are moving fast, and talking too. Power leveling before lv35 is super boring, and you miss out on a very large chunk of game content. I advise playing the game until there really isn't much else to do, then taking the jump to 45. After that spend a little time having fun while getting some good gear, then start over with a new character and do the same thing.

Raxie
09-20-2010, 04:02 PM
play the game. the way it's meant to be played.

Vyvin
09-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Rofl!
Join pwrlvlz we help u lvl!
/Vyvin

gizerbeam
09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Haha all these people that are stomping him for powerleveling. Your telling me you ALL have not power leveled atleast one character?

Fyrce
09-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Does powerleveling mean joining games in all the different maps with lots of players so you can play with people? If so, yeah, I powerleveled 3 45s, and a few other not quite 45s and did not take that much time to do it. Actually I probably meandered about a lot, since I also played even with no xp gains. Is that what you mean? If so, then yeah, everyone has powerleveled.

If that is not what you mean, then no, most people I play with seem to just have fun. Of course, when a group is good, we tend to stick together until all the levels in a campaign are run through and befriend each other for other areas. I also tend to only befriend people who use their skills. We have a tendency to boot people who just stand about, contributing nothing. We don't really care who joins if there's space, because bears, archers, mages --- all can move through areas quickly with cooperation. I do try to not befriend players who just hack-n-slash. I mean there are skills; Use them. There are campaigns; Do them all.

I do agree that the scaredy-cats select themselves OUT of campaigns, thank goodness. Usually they're annoying people who run off by themselves and die. I believe I laugh every time.

Snakespeare
09-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Fryce, no that's not what we are talking about. It sounds like you are having fun, and I hope to run around with you sometime.

Power leveling can refer to two similar things, and that is where the confusion lies.

One form, which we are arguing against, is done by buying one campaign at highest level, finding a map with a lot of hallway mobs, and only taking out the easy ones, repeatedly, ad infinitum, like a dirge or a grind or a job. You have to do it with a potion, too, that doubles xp. Running the same five minutes of easy mobs repeatedly can generate about 3000 to 4000 xp per hour. You can get your character to level cap in a few days this way.

The other form is more common and nobody is arguing against it. It is done when you have been in, like, Lost Expedition for say, a tenth time through and you realize that you only need another 500 xp to go on to Swamps, so you pick some easy targets and grind them using the hardcore playas potion. Well, that's not the same at all because you have already done the maps several times, and your intention is merely to move on to the next one.

The people who do the first kind of power leveling never fight bosses. They get to level max without earning nay good items. They don't know the value of a level 29 pink bone armor. What use do they have for that? I could go on, but I am sure you get the picture. It is taking the easy way, but it isn't fun, and they tend to quit early. You don't want one of these people on your team.