PDA

View Full Version : Chat mutes threatening to ban!?!?

Rob Prose
12-24-2012, 01:07 PM
So I was in my guilds gh and my gm made a comment about needing to get youths into the guild so as a net delver I was like "snap dude just left himself open for a p3d0b34r joke" and when I sent the message I got locked out of chat. It's not like I was dropping a rage of expletives it was a pedo joke in good taste at an appropriate time. I know your all kiddie care bear friendly sts but rly?

Deathpunch
12-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Yes, pedo jokes and good taste go hand in hand. I don't understand. /sarcasm

Also, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

grunt226
12-24-2012, 03:36 PM
I play on my sgs3 and auto correct changed something I typed to a very low level "curseword" got the ban... I think there should be some wiggleroom, or they should implement a maturity filter and turn it on by default... it's dumb that you can get banned for a mistake or miss your, especially considering it is very cumbersome to chat, moreso when you are in a dungeon fighting...

Deathpunch
12-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Just for the record, you have to try really hard to actually catch a ban for language. Like hate speech and racism. Random curse words won't get you banned unless you're using them for every other word.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

BodMaster
12-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Wait the 5mins and it's all fixed, tho we tried p3d0 and it worked fine in g chat. (Ign)

Got muted for saying "Pr0no" too, can't remember being Muted this much since before I started SL.

My comment wasn't even intended like that, just said;

"Basic Instinct might aswel be a pr0no"

azefekie
12-24-2012, 10:24 PM
there are certain words that give 5 minute mute and some others that give bans right away, i believe for 7 days.

angeldawn
12-24-2012, 10:50 PM
there are certain words that give 5 minute mute and some others that give bans right away, i believe for 7 days.

Yes and those 7 day ban words deserve the bans.

Also, too many mutes in 24 hours (I think 5) used to give u a 24 hour ban.