PDA

View Full Version : Map and teleportation idea

CosmoxKramer
12-24-2012, 07:02 PM
I was thinking out there is almost no point to currently use the teleportation rings in each zone at the moment when you can just go to the world map and teleport anywhere. This also makes the game feel less like a world and more like a bunch of zone (as if it wasn't that enough already. I was thinking, maybe the map in your character window could just show a detailed view of the zone you are in with little icons for vendors, CS, mailbox, teleportation ring, bosses, zone entrance/exits, quests ! or ? when there are available quests or quests to turn in. This would make people actually have to use a teleportation ring to teleport around. in order to do this though, you may need to put one at the end of the zone or some other portal that is exit only.

on another note, it would be fun to have a large open zone with mobs that respawn and random champion packs of bad guys that are harder than normal mobs, but easier than real zone last bosses. It would be fun run around and explore open zones. Maybe have some daily objectives to go clear the goblin base in some foothills, or X named ogre than randomly spawns by some bridges, etc.

Bless
12-24-2012, 07:05 PM
IMO, the map is already squished together and adding those extra things will make it look like pokemon - the smartphones will have a bit of trouble.

CosmoxKramer
12-24-2012, 07:42 PM
you could scroll left right up down. It just would be nice in city views and some maps to see different places.

Energizeric
12-24-2012, 11:22 PM
I always thought it was a bad idea that you could just teleport anywhere you want using the world map. When I first played PL I couldn't believe it was like that, but I eventually got used to it. I'm a bit older than most here, and I'm used to the old school RPG's from the 1980s & 1990s where if you wanted to go somewhere you had to take the long way and walk there. Sometimes getting somewhere required you to spend a half hour or more just making your way there, just like in the real world. It made the game more realistic. Imagine if you had to fight your way through every elite dungeon just to get to the tower. And then perhaps only certain items dropped in the tower. Then those items would become super rare. It gave you more of a sense of accomplishment.

CosmoxKramer
12-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Yea, that would be kind of fun To be only able to port to towns. Then u would have to fight from breck forest to tower, but still have to go through a few to get to the end.

But just doing away with the world map teleport I was thinking would help make it feel more RPGish. I too played old school RPGs like that and some new ones. Having this currently just breaks the game up

EldestCollection
12-25-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm a bit younger than most here, so I'm used to the new RPG's where everything is made easy... lol jk.
I think taking a journey just to get to a boss is a good idea BUT it would be a major pain (for me) doing it over my phone. Specially on those rare occasions where my 4G network drops to like Edge. Then I have to watch my Avatar get murdered >:|

DataPunk
12-25-2012, 07:27 AM
I wish there was more initiative to do anything else then tower or village. I try to wait for guys in other elite zones but usually I'm just waisting time doing that. Luckilysome people in my guild get bored of doing the same map after map as well.

CosmoxKramer
12-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Yep. MIT would be fun to just play the game and not farm.

Energizeric
12-26-2012, 05:11 PM
For example, imagine if drop rates were much higher for a boss like the Elite Tower boss, except that in order to get there you had to battle your way through all of the previous dungeons. It would make the reward easier to obtain without getting lucky, but it would take more work.

I think in the end STS is trying to make "mobile" MMORPGs which means folks should be able to play for 10 minutes here and there. So that's why they have all the teleporting stuff.

I have an idea which I will post in another thread...