View Full Version : SM or bigtop?

omgitsbri
12-24-2012, 08:39 PM
For mage?
For bear?

Also how would I spec my mage on SM?

Atm 128 str 67 dex and 97 or so int

Should i go 128 str and full dex or 128 str and full int?

Teewhy!

Zapoke
12-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Bear: Strongman. My reason: Bear is better with armor/damage, and the loss of dodge is only around 3.
Mage: Either. If you want str/int, you need Big Top, if you want str/dex, go Strongman. Reason(s): Int/str needs a little extra hit, so you go for that set. That's the only reason. If you use dex/str, strongman IS the stronger over all set (IMO). You should test both if you are able, but if you can only get one, go for Strongman.

(str/dex stats: enough str for set, 11 int, rest dex)
(str/int stats: enough str for set, rest int)

Twinklaser
12-25-2012, 12:37 AM
however half int has 27 extra dmage at the cost of 8 hit%

Zapoke
12-25-2012, 08:40 AM
however half int has 27 extra dmage at the cost of 8 hit%

Which is why I said BT over SM for int/str. :p

Gaunab
12-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Bear: Strongman. My reason: Bear is better with armor/damage, and the loss of dodge is only around 3.
Mage: Either. If you want str/int, you need Big Top, if you want str/dex, go Strongman. Reason(s): Int/str needs a little extra hit, so you go for that set. That's the only reason. If you use dex/str, strongman IS the stronger over all set (IMO). You should test both if you are able, but if you can only get one, go for Strongman.

(str/dex stats: enough str for set, 11 int, rest dex)
(str/int stats: enough str for set, rest int)

Agreed on mage. SM is better. You cant rely on dodge anyways and heal away most hit debuffs (except for blinding shot) so you should go for the extra armor/damage.

For bears I'd go for BT any day. Mainly because of the hit%, the extra dodge is just a nice bonus. Hitting your beckon and debuffs is crucial and gives you control over the fight. I easily beat SM bears, Int/Dex mages and Birds on my bear with BT.

Zapoke
12-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Agreed on mage. SM is better. You cant rely on dodge anyways and heal away most hit debuffs (except for blinding shot) so you should go for the extra armor/damage.

For bears I'd go for BT any day. Mainly because of the hit%, the extra dodge is just a nice bonus. Hitting your beckon and debuffs is crucial and gives you control over the fight. I easily beat SM bears, Int/Dex mages and Birds on my bear with BT.

I argue with a lot of my friends about this (or rather, use to) because they all use BT.. and told me to get it. I got SM for the set bonus instead, and still beat them. SM >> BT vs Mages anyway, and tbh, there's not much difference vs Bears. I have 95 hit % or so.. can't remember exactly. So honestly.. doesn't make a difference, that extra hit % on BT. For me. :)

Gaunab
12-25-2012, 10:12 AM
I argue with a lot of my friends about this (or rather, use to) because they all use BT.. and told me to get it. I got SM for the set bonus instead, and still beat them. SM >> BT vs Mages anyway, and tbh, there's not much difference vs Bears. I have 95 hit % or so.. can't remember exactly. So honestly.. doesn't make a difference, that extra hit % on BT. For me. :)

As I said, I dont have a SM mage myself but I find them harder to beat then the BT pallies.
However, on bears hit% is much more crucial. Do you have a SM bear? If so hmu on Lysdexicbear.

Zapoke
12-25-2012, 11:59 AM

As I said, I dont have a SM mage myself but I find them harder to beat then the BT pallies.
However, on bears hit% is much more crucial. Do you have a SM bear? If so hmu on Lysdexicbear.

I was talking about bears 100% on that. :P and yes I do. Mine is Zapokeofbears.

omgitsbri
12-25-2012, 06:51 PM
okie thankie but should i use 8 armor and 2 hit or 8 armor and 2 dodge?

Zapoke
12-25-2012, 08:26 PM
okie thankie but should i use 8 armor and 2 hit or 8 armor and 2 dodge?

SM: armor/hit
BT: armor/dodge

MightyMicah
12-25-2012, 10:02 PM
SM: armor/hit
BT: armor/dodge

*SM: armor/damage
BT: armor/dodge/hit*

omgitsbri
12-25-2012, 10:08 PM
*SM: armor/damage
BT: armor/dodge/hit*

Zappy was giving me which rings to use with the set, not the attributes of each set ^^

MightyMicah
12-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Zappy was giving me which rings to use with the set, not the attributes of each set ^^

Oh whoops. Epic fail on me :P sorry!

Noodleleg
12-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Uh... Big top for bears, sm for other classes. I wish life was as simple as that XD! (Or maybe not...)

Everyone'sFavMage
12-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Sigh bri, take it from a guy who has 3 of each lvl 56 sets and has used every combo of every class with every spec.
Big top bear with acrobats fine platnium band. 2 dodge 10 damage. 128 str rest dex.
Sm pally. 128 str 11 int rest dex. Use the 2 hit/ 10 damage ring.
Sm warbird if ur that nasty is 128 str rest dex 2 dodge/10 damage ring.
Big top pally is ok, but sm trashes it. Big top bear will beat an sm bear any day.

omgitsbri
12-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Sigh bri, take it from a guy who has 3 of each lvl 56 sets and has used every combo of every class with every spec.
Big top bear with acrobats fine platnium band. 2 dodge 10 damage. 128 str rest dex.
Sm pally. 128 str 11 int rest dex. Use the 2 hit/ 10 damage ring.
Sm warbird if ur that nasty is 128 str rest dex 2 dodge/10 damage ring.
Big top pally is ok, but sm trashes it. Big top bear will beat an sm bear any day.

Oh gawd its you

Everyone'sFavMage
12-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Gf tho.

Zapoke
12-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Big top bear will beat an sm bear any day.

No. (: I beat BabyBugz's BT bear with my SM bear.

Otukura
12-27-2012, 05:00 PM
No. (: I beat BabyBugz's BT bear with my SM bear.

BabyBugz sucks tho.

BT>SM for bears.

MightyMicah
12-27-2012, 05:54 PM
I love beating strongman bears on my death bird. Their hit% gets wrecked and then they wonder why they lost ;)

Everyone'sFavMage
12-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Lol...