View Full Version : High Level Gear NOT Useful!!

Energizeric
12-24-2012, 11:26 PM
So I been merching much of the past week, and saving up my gold for new gear. So today I finally pulled the trigger. I found a few good deals and upgraded my gear to Level 20 Demonlord "of will" set along with a Level 20 Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault -- basically this is just about the best build you can get for a level 20 sorcerer.

So the result?

I can't manage to stay alive, not even for a little bit. I can't even farm Elite Jarl anymore. I been playing for about an hour and have yet to defeat him with any group I have joined. It happens like this...

I join a game, we get to Jarl, I hit him with a fireball or lightning strike, he comes after me and hits me, I try to kite him by circling around, other mobs come after us, everyone leaves game. And the process repeats.

I think I'm going to just sell my gear. I had more fun when I had crappy gear. Either that or I'll just hold onto this gear for when PvP comes out, and get a separate set of "farming" gear with much lower damage output.

vyledust
12-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Just wait a few seconds before you attack?

Patricks
12-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Must be your build. Sorcerer can solo elite Jarl easily with elite items equipped. Whats ur build?

Could also be arthritis. Do u have arthritis?

Muhmota
12-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Jarl hits like a girl

Rushorgtfo
12-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Must be your build. Sorcerer can solo elite Jarl easily with elite items equipped. Whats ur build?

Could also be arthritis. Do u have arthritis?

Lmao! It's ironic the guy who supported dps over damadge can't kill jarrl

Lesmiserables
12-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Simple .. let somebody else hit jarl first after u cleared the mobs .. :tranquillity:

Yakiniku
12-25-2012, 12:04 AM
All things in moderation. Let the tank build a little aggro before you unload. Do a little cursing or normal attacking first.

Or if worse comes to worse, a lot of rogues are perfectly capable of tanking Jarl. Heck, I end up doing it 90% of the time in pugs.

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 12:41 AM
I've been experimenting a little....

I'm finding that I actually do better if I solo him than with others. LOL

I think what happens is the others get in the way and sometimes even die and draw other mobs into the picture. I can solo him by kiting him a bit. I just have to watch that I don't run too far or else the other mobs get involved, and then I'm dead almost instantly.

Just a FYI, I got 548 armor & 1539 health with no pet. So I'm as tank-like as a sorcerer is going to be. But I still can't manage to stay alive more than 5-10 seconds if elite mobs are coming after me. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but either I die really fast, or I use 100 pots in less than a minute. 100 pots in less than a minute makes farming elite jarl a non-profitable affair. So no point in doing that then.

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 12:46 AM
Lmao! It's ironic the guy who supported dps over damadge can't kill jarrl

You have me confused with the other guy in the thread. I never said dps was more important than damage! I said damage is most important, but I mentioned that for a build with only 2 attack skills, dps is of SOME importance.

Just so you know, right now I am using a level 20 Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault which gives me 122.5 Damage & 220.6 DPS, so I got the best of both worlds here. And I still need to upgrade my ring and amulet, and I will be adding 11 INT points when I reach 21 (6 stat points & 5 points from passive skill point), so I'll get at least another 8-10 dmg out of this build before I'm finished with it.

And for your comment in the other thread that people overpay for weapons like this, I paid 66k for it. I'm a merch, so I'm usually able to find whatever gear I want at affordable prices.

Rushorgtfo
12-25-2012, 12:49 AM
You have me confused with the other guy in the thread. I never said dps was more important than damage! I said damage is most important, but I mentioned that for a build with only 2 attack skills, dps is of SOME importance.

Just so you know, right now I am using a level 20 Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault which gives me 122.5 Damage & 220.6 DPS, so I got the best of both worlds here. And I still need to upgrade my ring and amulet, and I will be adding 11 INT points when I reach 21 (6 stat points & 5 points from passive skill point), so I'll get at least another 8-10 dmg out of this build before I'm finished with it.

And for your comment in the other thread that people overpay for weapons like this, I paid 66k for it. I'm a merch, so I'm usually able to find whatever gear I want at affordable prices.

Nice nice I have 160 damadge 230 dps 27 dodge 13 crit 1600 HP

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 01:02 AM

We need to do some runs together LOL. I need to run with someone who can actually steal aggro from me!

Patricks
12-25-2012, 01:03 AM
I've been experimenting a little....

I'm finding that I actually do better if I solo him than with others. LOL

I think what happens is the others get in the way and sometimes even die and draw other mobs into the picture. I can solo him by kiting him a bit. I just have to watch that I don't run too far or else the other mobs get involved, and then I'm dead almost instantly.

Just a FYI, I got 548 armor & 1539 health with no pet. So I'm as tank-like as a sorcerer is going to be. But I still can't manage to stay alive more than 5-10 seconds if elite mobs are coming after me. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but either I die really fast, or I use 100 pots in less than a minute. 100 pots in less than a minute makes farming elite jarl a non-profitable affair. So no point in doing that then.

The mobs kill you because you dont have freeze or timeshift to stop them from mobbing you. Also you used the knockdown upgrades, so the mobs get spread, taking longer to kill.

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 01:08 AM
The mobs kill you because you dont have freeze or timeshift to stop them from mobbing you. Also you used the knockdown upgrades, so the mobs get spread, taking longer to kill.

In my last build I had timeshift, but I found it not very effective. I considered using freeze instead of gale force, but from the description it's not really AoE, but only one target with a small chance to become AoE. Am I misunderstanding the description?

Patricks
12-25-2012, 01:13 AM

In my last build I had timeshift, but I found it not very effective. I considered using freeze instead of gale force, but from the description it's not really AoE, but only one target with a small chance to become AoE. Am I misunderstanding the description?

Some ppl like freeze, some like gale. For me, gale seperates mobs and as an AOE attacker, u want them together. But every sorcerer should have the clock.

Rushorgtfo
12-25-2012, 01:14 AM
We need to do some runs together LOL. I need to run with someone who can actually steal aggro from me!

What's your ign :P

ShadowGunX
12-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Some ppl like freeze, some like gale. For me, gale seperates mobs and as an AOE attacker, u want them together. But every sorcerer should have the clock.

clock is my fav skill. clock+fireball=KO.
hav heal nd gale force. i switch heal to lightning at boss :-)

azefekie
12-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Ice is very effective, in village as I'm heading to the first mob I charge fireball and knock them all down. I still have enough time before I get to the center of the mob so I charge ice and release, everyone is froze. I can use my other skills before I need to charge ice again and just repeat. when I see mages using whirl it actually gets annoying on that map, they charge it or aim it toward Jarl, doing this they toss one of the mob guys right next to jarl which triggers his go. Then you have to worry about him and the mob.

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 02:21 AM
What's your ign :P

IGN: Energizeric

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 02:26 AM
Ice is very effective, in village as I'm heading to the first mob I charge fireball and knock them all down. I still have enough time before I get to the center of the mob so I charge ice and release, everyone is froze. I can use my other skills before I need to charge ice again and just repeat. when I see mages using whirl it actually gets annoying on that map, they charge it or aim it toward Jarl, doing this they toss one of the mob guys right next to jarl which triggers his go. Then you have to worry about him and the mob.

I'm always careful not to do that. I only use gale charged when I am using it for defensive purposes. It also gives me a +25% burst of speed and knocks everyone down. For example, I use it while running to Jarl. It also works well in the first floor of the tower when you want to run past the mobs.

And of course I use it in places like the tombs and hauntlet where there are tons of mobs and it knocks them down. In these situations, I use charged gale followed by charged fireball.

As far as Ice, it sounds like you're saying it is AoE, i.e. it freezes the mobs. Is this indeed the case? From the description on the skills page, it sounds like it only freezes one target with a very small chance at becoming AoE. Please explain. The main reason I chose gale force over ice was because I wanted a second AoE skill.

Patricks
12-25-2012, 02:56 AM

I'm always careful not to do that. I only use gale charged when I am using it for defensive purposes. It also gives me a +25% burst of speed and knocks everyone down. For example, I use it while running to Jarl. It also works well in the first floor of the tower when you want to run past the mobs.

And of course I use it in places like the tombs and hauntlet where there are tons of mobs and it knocks them down. In these situations, I use charged gale followed by charged fireball.

As far as Ice, it sounds like you're saying it is AoE, i.e. it freezes the mobs. Is this indeed the case? From the description on the skills page, it sounds like it only freezes one target with a very small chance at becoming AoE. Please explain. The main reason I chose gale force over ice was because I wanted a second AoE skill.

Ok. When you use freeze, it will stun a single target. But if you use charged freeze, it will stun a single target and significantly slow the enemies around him, so it is aoe around the target when charged. You can also upgrade freeze so it has chances to stun the enemies around as well. Compared to gale, the cool down for freeze is almost twicd as fast so u can use it more often. Freeze has significantly better range, and unlike gale, you dont have to aim it.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 03:27 AM
I've never had a problem freezing all the enemies around me after i charged an ice, not once. I understand what you're saying, i think it says 25% chance to freeze nearby enemies. Not sure what's that about cause it works 100% for me. Also sounds like you're wasting a lot of skill points on stuff you may not really need and could be making your main skills stronger with those. i understand it's your build so by all means make it the way you want.

Patricks
12-25-2012, 03:41 AM
I've never had a problem freezing all the enemies around me after i charged an ice, not once. I understand what you're saying, i think it says 25% chance to freeze nearby enemies. Not sure what's that about cause it works 100% for me. Also sounds like you're wasting a lot of skill points on stuff you may not really need and could be making your main skills stronger with those. i understand it's your build so by all means make it the way you want.

Its not 100% chance for AOE ice STUN when charged, its 100% chance AOE ice SLOW when charged.

Only the main target is guaranteed stun, the rest can with that 20% chance if you upgrade it. But the aoe slow is significant anyway.

This is only true of course for enemies that are not resistant to stun and slow effects.

ShadowGunX
12-25-2012, 04:24 AM
lol after going through all the replies i felt like m on the sorcerer discussion section.

Tuik
12-25-2012, 04:42 AM
It's a LOT easier going alone than with a party. I really miss not having terrible players ruin my 1 minute jarl runs with retarded ****.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 05:17 AM

Yeah uh, no. It's not 100% stun in an AoE. Once again, please speak fact and not use hyperbole just because you feel like it sounds cooler on a forum post. Thank you.

EDIT: Oh, Patrick got it, too.

DataPunk
12-25-2012, 05:40 AM
Yeah uh, no. It's not 100% stun in an AoE. Once again, please speak fact and not use hyperbole just because you feel like it sounds cooler on a forum post. Thank you.

I'm reporting you, no effort to even make ur post sound useful. If u have problem with a member pm him, again, this is not the wow forums. We try to be nice and polite to another here.

Bless
12-25-2012, 06:03 AM

We need to do some runs together LOL. I need to run with someone who can actually steal aggro from me! Is that a challenge? Add bless brah.

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 06:19 AM
Is that a challenge? Add bless brah.

Nah, I'm sure he can if he got higher dmg and dps than me, which it seems that he does.

Bless
12-25-2012, 06:43 AM

Nah, I'm sure he can if he got higher dmg and dps than me, which it seems that he does. whats ur stats? It doesnt matter (with a rogue) about the dmg and dps to steal aggro. I can do a shadow veil buffed aimed shot crit which can reach up to 1.5k on elite jarl.

ShadowGunX
12-25-2012, 08:06 AM

Nah, I'm sure he can if he got higher dmg and dps than me, which it seems that he does.

pvp hasnt came out nd ppl started to do challenge :O

primaeva
12-25-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm reporting you, no effort to even make ur post sound useful. If u have problem with a member pm him, again, this is not the wow forums. We try to be nice and polite to another here.

You see what you want to see. My post IS useful. It's important to clarify misinformation on the forums. I don't want 10 sorcerers spending 5 plat thinking freeze does a 100% AoE stun.

On the other hand, your post is rather personal and adds no value to the forums. If you thought it would even remotely intimidate me-- well, forgive my use of the word 'laughable' again. Please use the report function for its intended purposes.

Oh, I have nothing against the person, by the way. It's the misrepresentation of information that I'm on a crusade against.

Limsi
12-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Guys, let's stick to the topic and resolve the issues through private messages, let's keep the thread clean! ;)

primaeva
12-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Indeed.

We were talking about how sorcerers have skills that keep the heat off them. Ice is a good example, and stuns the primary target 100% of the time and applies a slow to surrounding units. Spec'd, it can stun around the primary target at a 20% success rate.

Ignore anyone else who says otherwise.

Rushorgtfo
12-25-2012, 11:58 AM
whats ur stats? It doesnt matter (with a rogue) about the dmg and dps to steal aggro. I can do a shadow veil buffed aimed shot crit which can reach up to 1.5k on elite jarl.

They actually do matter lol. 304 dex ftw. When I get my lv 21 daggers ill have (i have wrath) 165 damadge + more dps and crit. And 305-306 dex + insane bonus damadge. I have the best gear in al for rogue other than my daggers. 1 m necklace 26 dex 3 damadge 600 k ring 26 dex 3 damadge and all Lvl 21 agile 26 dex helm and armor and now I just need lv 21 bane knives of potency.

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/joestrums/B98C8D46-647E-4B0B-B427-4043A0C4E34D-9397-000008D74F271C9C.jpg

Bless
12-25-2012, 12:01 PM
whats ur stats? It doesnt matter (with a rogue) about the dmg and dps to steal aggro. I can do a shadow veil buffed aimed shot crit which can reach up to 1.5k on elite jarl.

They actually do matter lol. 304 dex ftw. When I get my lv 21 daggers ill have (i have wrath) 165 damadge + more dps and crit. And 305-306 dex + insane bonus damadge. I have the best gear in al for rogue other than my daggers. 1 m necklace 26 dex 3 damadge 600 k ring 26 dex 3 damadge and all Lvl 21 agile 26 dex helm and armor and now I just need lv 21 bane knives of potency.

http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/joestrums/B98C8D46-647E-4B0B-B427-4043A0C4E34D-9397-000008D74F271C9C.jpg I mean they dont really matter WHEN stealing aggro, cuz of crits.

Rushorgtfo
12-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Yes it does dps an damadge add up especially over time. I can use mailce and easily match ur crit while still having well more damdge and dps than u.

Bless
12-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Yes it does dps an damadge add up especially over time. I can use mailce and easily match ur crit while still having well more damdge and dps than u. but im not rich enough to buy the gears ur using :P

azefekie
12-25-2012, 02:05 PM
yes i tworks 100% for in the center of a mob. thank you for trolling all my threads and harassing me i will send an email sam and delphina :D

primaeva
12-25-2012, 02:10 PM
yes i works 100% for in the center of a mob. thank you for trolling all my threads and harassing me i will send an email sam and delphina :D

Yes, please do. I actually have faith that the moderators do their research and get their facts right before doing anything, unlike certain persons.

Don't take it SO personally. I'm just refuting false claims. Why should that make anyone feel harassed? :)

Oh, and once again-- no, it's not 100% stun on secondary targets.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 02:13 PM
For those mages that wanna test it out you should it works great. I did say in an earlier post i believe you have to be stationary, while running and charging ice it freezes one and slows the other. Every single time i've stood in the middle of a mob and charged ice it freezes all nearby. prime has a rouge and believes he knows how all classes work. Once again this isn't WoW where you said you got your "knowledge" this is a mobile MMO. STS works completely different...I'm sure this is hard to understand.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 02:15 PM
we should make another party where i once again prove you wrong, coming on forums and acting like you know every aspect of the game is really funny. It tends to be people like that we have fun with....BTW are you ephesius????? pretty sure you are.
Yes, please do. I actually have faith that the moderators do their research and get their facts right before doing anything, unlike certain persons.

Don't take it SO personally. I'm just refuting false claims. Why should that make anyone feel harassed? :)

Oh, and once again-- no, it's not 100% stun on secondary targets.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 02:22 PM
For those mages that wanna test it out you should it works great. I did say in an earlier post i believe you have to be stationary, while running and charging ice it freezes one and slows the other. Every single time i've stood in the middle of a mob and charged ice it freezes all nearby. prime has a rouge and believes he knows how all classes work. Once again this isn't WoW where you said you got your "knowledge" this is a mobile MMO. STS works completely different...I'm sure this is hard to understand.

Wrong - AGAIN. My first 16 was a sorcerer.

Wrong - AGAIN. I just tested it for your sake. The freeze rate is NOT 100%. Go open a thread in Bug Reports if it's 100% for you.

And be careful. You're getting really personal. And angry.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 02:24 PM
we should make another party where i once again prove you wrong, coming on forums and acting like you know every aspect of the game is really funny. It tends to be people like that we have fun with....BTW are you ephesius????? pretty sure you are.

Wrong - AGAIN. You didn't prove me wrong. I invited you to two Jarls and you failed to aggro at all. The first time me and Rush were talking.

This is getting really old. Will it ever end? I'd like this thread locked or maybe both of us muted.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 02:29 PM
who's angry? i do believe this is classified as trolling. It works for other mages not just me, once again i have no problem showing anyone that this works and prima "expertise" from his WoW days aren't accurate. this is also the same person who said this is his first STS game and knows how everything works in all the games...hm. Keep trolling it's alright with me mods will look into it :)
Wrong - AGAIN. My first 16 was a sorcerer.

Wrong - AGAIN. I just tested it for your sake. The freeze rate is NOT 100%. Go open a thread in Bug Reports if it's 100% for you.

And be careful. You're getting really personal. And angry.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 02:38 PM
who's angry? i do believe this is classified as trolling. It works for other mages not just me, once again i have no problem showing anyone that this works and prima "expertise" from his WoW days aren't accurate. this is also the same person who said this is his first STS game and knows how everything works in all the games...hm. Keep trolling it's alright with me mods will look into it :)

I think by now all the readers can tell that you have a serious issue with:

1) Repeating my statement about coming from WoW
2) Understanding that I play this game too, and it -might- just be possible that I have a better understanding from it than someone who:

a) makes errors in every other post which cannot be rebutted with fact, otherwise he'll bother the mods with PMs
b) clearly wants to prove something but cannot find any way to do it other than lying on the forums.
c) misquotes me to the point of annoyance.

The irony-- if I actually bothered to dig up how heavily I've been misquoted and misrepresented (on top of having to tirelessly refute false claims about in-game stuff), I would actually have a case to report to the moderators. Let me know how your report goes.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Its not 100% chance for AOE ice STUN when charged, its 100% chance AOE ice SLOW when charged.

Only the main target is guaranteed stun, the rest can with that 20% chance if you upgrade it. But the aoe slow is significant anyway.

This is only true of course for enemies that are not resistant to stun and slow effects.

^ So this guy's wrong too, Azefekie?

azefekie
12-25-2012, 02:42 PM
lol. Actually i can prove everything on AL like i did for years on PL, being that this is your first sts game you wouldn't know that, once again i can show you in game every time it freezes and if you would like plz take screen shots. Coming on threads trying to say everything that i say is wrong is funny. So that we can settle this and end this little "problem" once again my IGN is Godstouch ( I'm sure you remember from our last party)
I think by now all the readers can tell that you have a serious issue with:

1) Repeating my statement about coming from WoW
2) Understanding that I play this game too, and it -might- just be possible that I have a better understanding from it than someone who:

a) makes errors in every other post which cannot be rebutted with fact, otherwise he'll bother the mods with PMs
b) clearly wants to prove something but cannot find any way to do it other than lying on the forums.
c) misquotes me to the point of annoyance.

The irony-- if I actually bothered to dig up how heavily I've been misquoted and misrepresented (on top of having to tirelessly refute false claims about in-game stuff), I would actually have a case to report to the moderators. Let me know how your report goes.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Didn't say he was wrong he's clearly doing it wrong. if he likes i can show him IG
^ So this guy's wrong too, Azefekie?

primaeva
12-25-2012, 02:52 PM
lol. Actually i can prove everything on AL like i did for years on PL, being that this is your first sts game you wouldn't know that, once again i can show you in game every time it freezes and if you would like plz take screen shots. Coming on threads trying to say everything that i say is wrong is funny. So that we can settle this and end this little "problem" once again my IGN is Godstouch ( I'm sure you remember from our last party)

Hmm. My turn.

Your PL expertise means nothing here. It's only making you uppity and you perceive it as a reason why people should believe you.

Unfortunately, you start from ground zero like everyone else here.

I hope that's not a rude awakening and you'll be actually open to the idea that people who do their research and tests might find it within them to stand up to your claims.

I promised you I'd run tests. Here is a screenshot for the public to see.

From this screenshot:

1) Not everything is frozen even if they're standing close together. There should be an entire cluster of ice blocks.
2) If you have enough mobs grouped together, it might appear like a 100% freeze. MOVE a little bit and watch the unfrozen ones come after you.
3) I'd like you to retract your statement that "prime has a rouge he believes he knows how all classes work". I have a sorcerer. Now say in your next post: "I was wrong to imply that 'prime' makes facts out of nothing." Do it.

I'm serious about #3.

DataPunk
12-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Can you please stop this stupid argument in every thread, prima the only thing you do is provoke. Yes you try to hide it but fail at that.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Can you please stop this stupid argument in every thread, prima the only thing you do is provoke. Yes you try to hide it but fail at that.

DataPunk, stay out of this. You're obviously a friend of Azefekie's.

I'm posting tests, proof and rebutting false claims. If you have an issue with that, the forums are not a place for you.

Patricks
12-25-2012, 03:17 PM

I believe being stationary in middle of mob while using charged freeze increases the number of 100% chance ice stun from 1 to 4 and ice slow surrounding enemies. I dont think think its is 100% chance ice stun all. Not entirely sure, i will test later, you may be right that its 100% all, but i dont think so.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 03:18 PM
lol i also have screen shots of it freezing the entire mob, i'm at our cabin and not the greatest service so when it gets sent to my email i'll post them. for those of you that know ozzy he was there with me and can clarify till i can post the SS

azefekie
12-25-2012, 03:22 PM
It also could depend on the mob size. i took my screen shots in village on the first mob and every time it froze all. i'll post SS when i can
I believe being stationary in middle of mob while using charged freeze increases the number of 100% chance ice stun from 1 to 4 and ice slow surrounding enemies. I dont think think its is 100% chance ice stun all. Not entirely sure, i will test later, you may be right that its 100% all, but i dont think so.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 03:23 PM
lol i also have screen shots of it freezing the entire mob, i'm at our cabin and not the greatest service so when it gets sent to my email i'll post them. for those of you that know ozzy he was there with me and can clarify till i can post the SS

Take your time. As many attempts as you need to roll enough RNG to make it appear like it's a 100% freeze. For good measure use a mob of 15+ as I do please. Freezing four would only require 1- (80% x 80% x 80% x 80%) probability, which won't be hard to engineer at all.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 03:28 PM
It also could depend on the mob size. i took my screen shots in village on the first mob and every time it froze all. i'll post SS when i can

No, run it in Watcher's/Kraag. Your claim was that charged FB freezes all enemies. Patrick's explanation makes more sense than the dozen posts you made. Thank you, Patrick.

If your FB fails to freeze 10-15 mobs, then clearly. Charged FB does not freeze ALL enemies.

Patricks
12-25-2012, 03:30 PM

Can you freeze that entire mob every single time? If not then maybe it always freeze 4, then if you had the 20% chance upgrade it froze the leftover?

azefekie
12-25-2012, 03:30 PM
attempts? lol. once again you have to make up anything or say anything to protect your pride and refuse to be wrong. like i said when they send to my email i will post and just for you i'll screen the date and time from my cellphone when i took the shots lol. as for a mob of 15+ i'm not sure how large the mob can be to freeze all, the mob we were originally talking about was the one in elite village...before you came on the thread throwing out trash.
Take your time. As many attempts as you need to roll enough RNG to make it appear like it's a 100% freeze. For good measure use a mob of 15+ as I do please. Freezing four would only require 1- (80% x 80% x 80% x 80%) probability, which won't be hard to engineer at all.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 03:32 PM
yes the mob in elite village i can freeze every single time ( 5 enemies), my IGN is Godstouch if you want me to show you i can, i have already shown others.

EDIT- I know i have froze larger mobs while we were farming dead city outskirts

Can you freeze that entire mob every single time? If not then maybe it always freeze 4, then if you had the 20% chance upgrade it froze the leftover?

Patricks
12-25-2012, 03:40 PM
yes the mob in elite village i can freeze every single time ( 5 enemies), my IGN is Godstouch if you want me to show you i can, i have already showed others.

I dont disbelieve you. I was asking that maybe the leftover of after 4 enemies could be the result of the 20% chance upgrade.

There are definitely limitations to the stationary center of mob release of charged ice. I thought it was a simple 4 enemy limit. But i guess im wrong as far as that goes. There IS limitations tho. Cant just stun like a 15 mobs at once with this method thats for sure.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 03:45 PM
yes i tworks 100% for in the center of a mob. thank you for trolling all my threads and harassing me i will send an email sam and delphina :D

So tell me how a sorcerer can fail to freeze 15 mobs at once after believing your OWN posts as above.

I'm not even the only one questioning the statement. Patrick here is taking the thread in the right direction. And so am I. The difference is someone here has a vendetta and refuses to take back any errant statements he made.

... like that #3 from just now? Post that you were wrong to imply I only had a rogue? Where is it?

Totally ignored. I'm not surprised.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 03:47 PM
you're right I'm sure there are limitations. I'm just not to sure what they are yet.
I dont disbelieve you. I was asking that maybe the leftover of after 4 enemies could be the result of the 20% chance upgrade.

There are definitely limitations to the stationary center of mob release of charged ice. I thought it was a simple 4 enemy limit. But i guess im wrong as far as that goes. There IS limitations tho. Cant just stun like a 15 mobs at once with this method thats for sure.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 03:51 PM
you're right I'm sure there are limitations. I'm just not to sure what they are yet.

Wow. That's all I asked for. And he gets it so easily. I'm out of here, my job is done.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 03:53 PM
I also said it could depend on the mob size, listen dude you get really annoying. you take what i say and distort it. i've had several people pm me IG and show them i was right. you make your post, cool. I'm done with these " i can't be wrong" posts. then prove you wrong to others. lets take this down a notch, and admit we can both be right. I don't need you to keep following me to all the threads i post on anymore just to have you say I'm wrong and you're right.
So tell me how, with your very own words, you can fail to freeze 15 mobs at once.

primaeva
12-25-2012, 03:59 PM
I also said it could depend on the mob size, listen dude you get really annoying. you take what i say and distort it. i've had several people pm me IG and show them i was right. you make your post, cool. I'm done with these " i can't be wrong" posts. then prove you wrong to others. lets take this down a notch, and admit we can both be right. I don't need you to keep following me to all the threads i post on anymore just to have you say I'm wrong and you're right.

I'm not 'following you around'. That would be you and the incessant 'WoW blah blah etc'. I only show up to challenge and argue when I feel a statement of fact in a post is wrong and will misinform other readers. Complete with tests, etc.

And you said it could depend on mob size like six posts ago after the entire flame war. Before that, I quote, it was "100%", "all", "never had a problem". Am I distorting anything or just quoting verbatim?

So you see where I came from. Wrong statement needs fixing. Now fixed. It's nothing personal, at least not for me.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 04:35 PM
yes but we were talking about elite village mob, you pushed this in another direction.

We solved it, took a while to clear everything up. if anything these threads are good a lot of testing done by many of us for the players that need information.

I'm not 'following you around'. That would be you and the incessant 'WoW blah blah etc'. I only show up to challenge and argue when I feel a statement of fact in a post is wrong and will misinform other readers. Complete with tests, etc.

And you said it could depend on mob size like six posts ago after the entire flame war. Before that, I quote, it was "100%", "all", "never had a problem". Am I distorting anything or just quoting verbatim?

So you see where I came from. Wrong statement needs fixing. Now fixed. It's nothing personal, at least not for me.

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Ok, so before I spend 5 plat to respec and trade Gale Force for Frost Bolt, I want to make sure of the following:

1) When I use charged Frost Bolt, it will indeed SLOW all of the enemies in the area around the target? (I ask this again, because I've read the description on the skill page and I find absolutely no mention of this at all anywhere)

2) Which upgrades do you suggest for Frost Bolt? I have 5 skill points to work with at the moment, so I can max out Frost Bolt, or I can save one or more of the points and put them in passives. From looking at the descriptions, here's what I think:

Ice Wielder - Seems like a "maybe". I guess if I'm already using the skill charged most of the time, then probably a good choice, but 20% chance is not so high so I'm not sure.

Jagged Ice - this one seems like a "must".

Shiver - this one also seems like a "must". 3 seconds is a long time when you are talking about a target being frozen -- at least enough time to get off a couple more attacks.

Arctic Shatter - this one seems like a "no". If you figure that only once in a while will the target die from the initial impact of Frost Bolt, and then only 20% of those times will this ice patch appear, and even then if you are moving fast the mobs will be dead before they get to walk over this ice patch. And of course it would be useless on a boss because the boss would be the target so he would not die from the initial impact of the Frost Bolt. So seems like a waste of a point.

Please give your comments and suggestions. Thanks!

Patricks
12-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Ok, so before I spend 5 plat to respec and trade Gale Force for Frost Bolt, I want to make sure of the following:

1) When I use charged Frost Bolt, it will indeed SLOW all of the enemies in the area around the target? (I ask this again, because I've read the description on the skill page and I find absolutely no mention of this at all anywhere)

2) Which upgrades do you suggest for Frost Bolt? I have 5 skill points to work with at the moment, so I can max out Frost Bolt, or I can save one or more of the points and put them in passives. From looking at the descriptions, here's what I think:

Ice Wielder - Seems like a "maybe". I guess if I'm already using the skill charged most of the time, then probably a good choice, but 20% chance is not so high so I'm not sure.

Shiver - this one also seems like a "must". 3 seconds is a long time when you are talking about a target being frozen -- at least enough time to get off a couple more attacks.

Arctic Shatter - this one seems like a "no". If you figure that only once in a while will the target die from the initial impact of Frost Bolt, and then only 20% of those times will this ice patch appear, and even then if you are moving fast the mobs will be dead before they get to walk over this ice patch. And of course it would be useless on a boss because the boss would be the target so he would not die from the initial impact of the Frost Bolt. So seems like a waste of a point.

After all that has been said in this thread, if you still have reservations about ice and dont wana spend 5 plat, you should just start an alt account, level mage to 5, and test the skill out yourself. Its very fast to get to level 5.

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 05:20 PM
After all that has been said in this thread, if you still have reservations about ice and dont wana spend 5 plat, you should just start an alt account, level mage to 5, and test the skill out yourself. Its very fast to get to level 5.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the switch, just was wondering which upgrades are suggested.

Patricks
12-25-2012, 05:24 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the switch, just was wondering which upgrades are suggested.

I put in all except the ice patch. While u r at it, please reconsider the fact the u have 5 points in HEAL! Such a waste!

azefekie
12-25-2012, 05:30 PM
ice wielder is actually the only one i upgraded on this skill. lol

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Ok, so I did the respec. I definitely can cause way more damage now. What's interesting is that I don't think Frost Bolt is any more useful than Gale Force, it's just that the cool down is 3 seconds vs. 5.5 seconds, so I can use it twice as often. You're also right about it being nice that you don't have to aim it. Because of that and because of the quick cooldown, I find myself using Frost Bolt way more often than I used to use Gale Force. As I result I'm also running my mana down way faster, and am actually using mana potions quite a bit now, where as before I was mostly using only health potions which mana potions only on occasion.

Delphina
12-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Edit:
Please follow the forum rules when replying to threads:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules