PDA

View Full Version : Hello, my name is durnam

Durnam
09-18-2010, 02:02 PM
hello you can call me durnam, i just found out about this game about 30 mins ago and i must say from the videos it looks awesome, ive literally looked thru 20 or so other mmo's for the iphone/touch and non of them caught my eye like this one.

Little about me, i am a informatics student while minoring in sociology at the university of iowa, where i hope to get a job as an I.T at a business like a bank, insurance agency so on. My favorite sports teams are, the iowa hawkeyes, ofc, denver broncos, and chicago bulls. Anything else you wish to know, ask away, as long as it doesn't go against the rules ;)

A question i have, but havn't been able to find the answer to, is does this game cost anything at all to play? Is there a donation system, or item payment system?

KingFu
09-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Hello Durnam, welcome to the community,

The game is 100% free by choice. You can have 2 characters, and level them up to level 18, and play in Town, and add friends, and talk, and play a little without spending a penny, but if you want the full experience, like leveling to 45, finding new weapons, fighting everything from crocodiles, to aliens, to black knights, and it will cost you a little pocket money, but it's worth it if you like the game. :) So you can level to 18, with 2 characters, and play there, or buy other expansions, and play on other maps, play PvP, and buy hats, and all that good stuff!

Royce
09-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Hi, and welcome to the community :) The game is free to download, but you must buy platinum to unlock all the content. There are items, elixers, upgrades (extra inventory space and character slots, etc.) etc. you can purchase with platinum, but the main thing you need it for is additional maps. The 1st campaign, Forest Haven, is free, and the 2nd campaign, Dark Forest is also free when you verify your account. The rest must be purchased. For a breakdown of exactly what these campaigns will cost you, check out this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?7816-Hey-I-got-some-nooby-questions

TwinkTastical
09-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi welcome! The full game is less than a month of WoW... Worth itIMO :)

Durnam
09-18-2010, 02:46 PM
THanks for the link royce!

Just got done with the tutorial part and it seems like a solid game. So after i get bit more comfortable with the forums/website/game and how everything works ill look into it a bit more.

Raxie
09-18-2010, 03:44 PM
nice name. you can play free until you reach level 18 and to pass level 18, you need to buy some maps.

jonboy
09-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Hi welcome to PL and the community.

cry
09-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Hello my forum name is cry.

vulgarstrike
09-18-2010, 11:35 PM
pretty good game. I had a similar experience, I played this in swamp days and loved it so I bought 150 plat at level 8 :)

Hayabusaz
09-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Welcome To Pocket Legends Dude !!

Durnam
09-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes! :D

However after searching the forums D: and asking in the forum chat box, in which i didn't find any answers. Apart from the ingame chat, and forum chat box, is there any actual chat rooms, such as irc, chatango ect... or do the guilds pretty much take care of that? Supported or simple fan chats will work, doesn't seem to be any supported chats however :(

Raxie
09-19-2010, 10:18 PM
there are no actual guilds. there are no chat rooms; you can only talk in towns, games or by private messaging someone.

Durnam
09-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Raxie you have confused me, what do you mean there's no guilds? Have you misunderstood me, because just before this you posted on power levelers asking to be in theirs...

Raxie
09-19-2010, 10:28 PM
well there are guilds. but technically there are no guilds.
edit: i just did that to confuse you. there are 'guilds' but no one knows if you are in a guild or not. there is no mention of you being in a guild whatsoever. if you have played fps games before, you will know clans. in an fps game, it shows which clan you are in but in pocket legends, there are no 'actual' guilds.

Durnam
09-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Ok so surely one of those guilds would have an external chat room.
Or perhaps theres a fan chat room somewhere.
Or are external chatrooms non existent in PL?

vulgarstrike
09-19-2010, 11:05 PM
there were in the legends guild, but that's all over now.
pocket legends is still developing, and has no giant external guild chat.

Raxie
09-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Ok so surely one of those guilds would have an external chat room.
Or perhaps theres a fan chat room somewhere.
Or are external chatrooms non existent in PL?
guilds are just non-existent altogether let alone private guild chat rooms. as i said before, there are no actual guilds nor are there chat rooms, apart from towns and games.
also, why would only one guild have a chat room? if there were chat rooms, every guild would need a chat room to be fair.

Durnam
09-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Ah ok that bits, guess ill just have to chat bit more on the forums then lol...

@raxie, i understand the concept of being no official guild, because the game that i play on when i learned about this game from another player, had no purpose for in game guilds either. However still considered them guilds. To be honest, guilds would actually be able to share more purpose in this game, because in this game you can exp share with others (sorta via partys on a map) so you could always use guilds to team up with one another for raids and such...

However the guilds on the other game still found uses via, community uses. Such as creating a place where people could fit in, created their own chat rooms, used forum signatures to show what guild they were in, and other community type things. While i am unsure about this game so i cant judge it too much yet, the guilds in the other game created a lot of close knit groups of friends.

Also from what i can see, theres pvp options, i am unsure whether this includes team pvp battles or single one on one, however if it was team battles guilds for PL would provide an excellent way to get teammates for teams. If ever played team sport before you know that would lead to being able to understand ur teammates better and create strategies and so on.

btw: it would be awesome if someone could tell me how much of what i said in this post takes place in PL

vulgarstrike
09-19-2010, 11:50 PM
guilds will be implemented soon.

Royce
09-20-2010, 12:55 AM
There were a number of guilds at one time, and a couple had their own websites with forums. However, the slow progress toward implementation of guilds in-game caused most of these guilds to slowly deteriorate. The only active guild that I am aware of is Tenacity, which is fairly new. Others may resurface. Some of the people from legends, venom, etc. are still around but those guilds have gone dormant. Hopefully in game support comes soon...

Durnam
09-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Ahh thanks for the nice response royce. I find it strange how guilds would simply go away because there's not any "official" guild game play options. As ive stated above there are reasons for having guilds, the players just need to take it into their own hands to create that reason . From way it sounds (been reading alot of info in the last 2ish days so my info could be mix up) guilds may be implemented in the 5.0 update and the devs seems to be rather good with timely updates so can't wait!!!