PDA

View Full Version : Leveled up to 21 and opened my Elite Chests

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 05:57 AM
I've been selling all the Elite Banded Chests, but I've been saving all the Elite II chests I got from farming Jarl over the past couple of days since I reached level 20. So I just reached level 21 and opened them all. I had 14 chests total: 2 Gold, 7 Silver, 5 Copper. I got one single pink out of the 42 items. One of the gold chests gave me 3 greens!

But I'm not upset because the one pink was an Agile Ranger Leather of Security, which is selling in CS between 600-900k. So I guess I did alright. But wow, the odds are really not very good on these chests. I guess that keeps the elite pinks rare, so I can't complain about that.

ShadowGunX
12-25-2012, 07:46 AM
wich chest gave u pink?

dtandel10
12-25-2012, 07:51 AM
I've been selling all the Elite Banded Chests, but I've been saving all the Elite II chests I got from farming Jarl over the past couple of days since I reached level 20. So I just reached level 21 and opened them all. I had 14 chests total: 2 Gold, 7 Silver, 5 Copper. I got one single pink out of the 42 items. One of the gold chests gave me 3 greens!

But I'm not upset because the one pink was an Agile Ranger Leather of Security, which is selling in CS between 600-900k. So I guess I did alright. But wow, the odds are really not very good on these chests. I guess that keeps the elite pinks rare, so I can't complain about that.
Same i got a elite silver banded and got garbage and on elite banded copper chest got hellshriek staff 70-90k in CS seems like the lower ones have better pinks lol

Matutd
12-25-2012, 08:03 AM

Same i got a elite silver banded and got garbage and on elite banded copper chest got hellshriek staff 70-90k in CS seems like the lower ones have better pinks lol
Seems that way because you get more of them. Hypothetically, say silver has 25% rate, that's 1 in 4. And if gold has 50% that's 1 in 2. If you get 8 silvers in the time that you get 2 golds, which is pretty likely, you have 2 pinks from silvers and 1 pink from golds.

Limsi
12-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Since I'm somehow impatient in nature to the sense that I randomly purchase chests from the auction house and from players 35 chests for each batch (5 elite golden banded chests, 10 elite silver banded chests, 10 Silver chests, 10 Golden Chests), 2 batches a day - I found out that the best feeling I get from this experience is the killer feeling of anticipation for a single pink out of each batch. Personally i feel that getting a pink is a just a bonus from the spine-tingling experience of opening those goodaddies.

The result of this routine?

Day 1: Demonlord Mask of Grace lvl 21, rest are greens and purples
Day 2: Power Ring of Brutality lvl 20, rest are greens and purples
Day 3: All greens and purples

Items obtained from Dead City Elite Outskirts farming:

Demonlord Mask of Grace lvl 20
Demonlord Mask of Will lvl 21 (Str version)
Demonlord Mask of Will lvl 20 (Dex version) - currently equipped item as it's pretty much favourable for a rogue who opts for a damage-inclined build.

Items obtained from Elite Village Farming:
Day 1: Mighty Juggernaut Helm of Will lvl 21
Clever Vorpal of Assault lvl 20

Day 2: Agile Lifethief of Force lvl 20
Agile Heartseekers of Tactics lvl 21

Day 3: Mighty Lifethief of Potency lvl 21
Clever Vorpal of Assault lvl 20
Note:

-The rest of the items that I got from the routine are mainly greens and purples in which I liquidate and the proceeds go to the stash.
- Elite Banded Chests are mostly bought from players outside the auction house since they offer a relatively low price.
- The chest count per batch do not include the chests I obtain from my usual farming activity which usually lasts 4 to 5 hours a day.
- Notice that out of the elite banded chests that I bought, only one Demonlord item came poppin' out.
- The list was started to be filled last December 23 Eastern Time

primaeva
12-25-2012, 11:42 AM
I've noticed significantly lower drop rates from normal Elite Chests post-patch. :< Three pinks after easily two hundred chests. RIP getting rich via Jarl.

Tuik
12-25-2012, 11:56 AM
I've opened countless copper chests, probably close to 100 now, 20+ silvers and 15 golden chests. I got my very first pink today and it was a worthless one from one of the golden chests. Pisses me off :(

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 03:02 PM
I guess I did get lucky. I've been playing AL for about a month now, and this one pink I got will sell for far more than the total amount of gold I have had so far.

I've been merching, but unlike in PL where I was able to get rich doing that, I have made money here in AL but not at the same level. I think it's due mostly to unstable prices. It seems that until the new campaigns slow down a bit, prices will never really settle on gear, so it makes merching hard. They have said they will continue to release campaigns every 6 weeks for the next few campaigns, so I think it will be until after that when we first see prices on gear start to settle.

azefekie
12-25-2012, 05:36 PM
i get more pinks in silver chests than i do in any other, i've had several (probably 10-13) elite gold banded with no pinks. and same with silver here but i've had a pink in an elite banded copper lol. better drops seem to come out of elite II chests, unless i'm just really unlucky lol.