PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer New Gears Vs Old Gears

I'm Siri
12-25-2012, 10:59 AM
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii332/ckcheah78/f534582b524ebdb354249ec02084ec55.jpg

The picture explain all.
I only play Mage atm, so I have no idea warrior and rouge gears.

Hi Devs, give us a reason why we need all new expansion gears while all the old gears for Jarl's cheap elite chest II
give exactly the same stats.
Yep, the new gears look is awesome! but wait, here ain't fashion doll make up DL. And with the new vanity Xmas Tree on, who care which gears u are wearing.
Come on dev, At least slightly bump the new gears stats.

This is what i noticed as of now.

Before new expansion:

Everybody farm Jarl like crazy.

After new expansion:

Everybody still farm Jarl like crazy.

Now give us a new contest: how many time poor Jarl died? Lol

gundamsone
12-25-2012, 11:05 AM
but the fact is even though they have the same stats the new items are selling for 2-4x more than their uglier counterparts

i've seen 2 l21 robes sell for 2m + overnight and people are struggling to sell the demonlogist robes for 400k

EldestCollection
12-25-2012, 11:07 AM
I bet their feeling exposed. It soo true what you said about the vanities, almost everyone can afford 15 platinum.

I'm Siri
12-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Ikr, saber:(
That just ridiculous.

kateku
12-25-2012, 12:17 PM
I find that this way the dev is trying to let other people able to afford those high level gears for cheaper price so everyone can play.

Those new gear will be more expensive while those old gear others will be able to purchase.

This is a both win situation.

Bless
12-25-2012, 12:22 PM
I find that this way the dev is trying to let other people able to afford those high level gears for cheaper price so everyone can play.

Those new gear will be more expensive while those old gear others will be able to purchase.

This is a both win situation. what he said,

Energizeric
12-25-2012, 03:06 PM
I think the new gear should have a very slight edge. That would still serve the purpose of people being able to afford the older gear while not having a big difference between them. Give the new gear an extra point here or there -- something that makes it worth the extra effort to obtain.

Bless
12-25-2012, 03:17 PM
I think the new gear should have a very slight edge. That would still serve the purpose of people being able to afford the older gear while not having a big difference between them. Give the new gear an extra point here or there -- something that makes it worth the extra effort to obtain. even better - make the new gear craftable to give a lil more stats.

gundamsone
12-25-2012, 04:29 PM
even better - make the new gear craftable to give a lil more stats.

with set bonuses & each set with unique bonuses

Bless
12-25-2012, 05:27 PM
with set bonuses & each set with unique bonuses.................anddd...

Effects!

I'm Siri
12-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Yes, all those hard earn new gears deserve a better stats/bonus set with effect.

ShadowGunX
12-25-2012, 11:47 PM
I bet their feeling exposed. It soo true what you said about the vanities, almost everyone can afford 15 platinum.

really everyone can afford 15plats? i hav got 0plats as w3i havnt gave free offers since 4months nd trialplay free surveys shows either blank page or server nt found. i still hav those 7plats got by lvling lol.
i was njoying playin STS game was very mch when there was tapjoy. i play everyday bt after tapjoy went i felt so dull. no plat offers . i play sl nd pl hardly nd play AL only to cap. after that i cme often. nw i cme after 8hrs omly to collect from klaas. if i get egg i sell in CS nd log off :-\

Takezaki
12-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Take it like it is. People will spend gold to look nice and be exclusive.

It's like vanities but with stats ;) People aren't buying the stats they are buying the new look.

And yes I sold my Demonlord Robe for 2 mil :)

ShadowGunX
12-25-2012, 11:49 PM
but the fact is even though they have the same stats the new items are selling for 2-4x more than their uglier counterparts

i've seen 2 l21 robes sell for 2m + overnight and people are struggling to sell the demonlogist robes for 400k

well dude those who buying those new gears r getting coolest looking feeling as well as getting bst stats also.

Energizeric
12-26-2012, 12:11 AM
really everyone can afford 15plats? i hav got 0plats as w3i havnt gave free offers since 4months nd trialplay free surveys shows either blank page or server nt found. i still hav those 7plats got by lvling lol.
i was njoying playin STS game was very mch when there was tapjoy. i play everyday bt after tapjoy went i felt so dull. no plat offers . i play sl nd pl hardly nd play AL only to cap. after that i cme often. nw i cme after 8hrs omly to collect from klaas. if i get egg i sell in CS nd log off :-\

You can get 30 plat for $5, which would allow you to purchase 2 vanity sets. If you don't even have that much then how did you afford your device that you play on?

Patricks
12-26-2012, 12:31 AM

You dont wanna buy plat. Thats ok, but would you like to buy a vowel?.......Wld mk yr pst ezr 2 rd.

I'm Siri
12-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Hello Devs, please tell us there would be some tweak for the new gears after holiday:)
That my Xmas wish for AL.!!!

Yakiniku
12-26-2012, 01:19 PM
You dont wanna buy plat. Thats ok, but would you like to buy a vowel?.......Wld mk yr pst ezr 2 rd.

I lol'ed. Partially because my two year old son likes Wheel of Fortune.

Anyway yea, a lot of the newer gear leaves a bit to be desired. That's fine by me though. I'm all about function over form. I'll buy "old" equipment on the cheap so someone else can spend more and look cooler than me, but have the same or worse stats.

Deathpunch
12-26-2012, 02:33 PM

Heck, I'll give him some.

aaaaa
eeeee
iiiiii
ooooo
uuuuu

just in case,

yyyyy

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

ProSophist
12-26-2012, 02:54 PM
And yet, Demonlord items sold for 10 times the price...

Energizeric
12-26-2012, 03:54 PM
And yet, Demonlord items sold for 10 times the price...

Actually, I have no idea how it is for warrior or rogue gear, but for sorcerer gear while the weapons are the same (old & new), the armors are different. For example, I got a Demonlord "of will" helm & armor and there is no Demonologist version of that, none that are even close. I'd say the new gear is superior to the old gear as far as mage helms & armors are concerned.

Nightarcher
12-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Actually, I have no idea how it is for warrior or rogue gear, but for sorcerer gear while the weapons are the same (old & new), the armors are different. For example, I got a Demonlord "of will" helm & armor and there is no Demonologist version of that, none that are even close. I'd say the new gear is superior to the old gear as far as mage helms & armors are concerned.

The only difference between Demonologist and Demonlord gear is that there are more varieties of Demonlord armor (e.g.: "of Will"). The Clever Demonologist Bones of Security still has identical stats to the Demonlord Robe of Security.

However, there is no Clever+Security demonologist helm, while there is a Demonlord version, making that the best Sorc helm in the game.

Energizeric
12-26-2012, 06:00 PM
However, there is no Clever+Security demonologist helm, while there is a Demonlord version, making that the best Sorc helm in the game.

"best" is subjective. Depends on your build and your goals. Even though PvP is not yet out, I put together my build for exactly that, and I'm 99% sure the "of will" version will beat the "of security" version in PvP.

If the rest of your gear (weapon, ring & amulet) is all top elite gear, then the difference between "of security" and "of will" is a 6% increase in damage vs. 14% increase in health points. Since PvP (1-on-1) is an even contest between killing the other player (i.e. your damage output) and him killing you (having health points leftover), the larger percentage increase in either one of those is what will win out.

Most sorcerers are going full INT now, so their health points are lacking. You need to make up health points somehow, and adding more STR through your gear is a good way to do it without needing to respec. For PvE, which set is better depends on who you are fighting. If you are clearing mobs, then the extra damage of the "of security" set multiplies by how many mobs you are hitting with your AoE attacks, and therefore the "of security" set will be more effective. Also, if you have a good tank and will not be hit by any attack, then it doesn't matter how many health points you have. But if you are fighting a boss and are going to get hit, then the extra health points will keep you alive longer.

DontNerfMeBro
12-27-2012, 11:18 PM
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii332/ckcheah78/f534582b524ebdb354249ec02084ec55.jpg

The picture explain all.

Ty for the comparItIve screen shot