PDA

View Full Version : [Elite Sorcerer] / [Dungeon Sorcerer]

Sh4rK™
12-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Hello guys i wanted to ask for your personal opinion regarding these two types of sorcerer..

What Skill would you use for elite farming and why???

and what about for dungeon purposes??

I'd like explanations and details for your answers ...

Good game to all !!

primaeva
12-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Hmm, it depends on which elite you're farming. I made a post a long time ago about the top-damage sorcerer rotation, but I personally haven't done testing with guns which are apparently giving Flamestrikes a run for their money.

I think I'll just recap some of the more important points I think you should know about some spells:

1) Frost has the highest single target DPS unless you have unattainable amounts of crit (or your whole party is giving their Ribbit buff to you). This is due to the fact that the DoT can stack on the same target.
2) Lightning is a close second.
3) If you use a weapon with a high attack speed (Flamestrike) you should NEVER charge your spells as the damage lost from not autoattacking is greater than the damage gained by charging. [again, not tested with guns].
4) Curse (15% extra damage with charge) is the singular most important buff a sorcerer can bring to party and should be in all elite builds.
5) Gale Force spreads mobs out unless they are rooted by Time Shift. Therefore, it's almost always a bad idea to Gale as part of your DPS.

Sh4rK™
12-25-2012, 05:20 PM
thanks for your answer it was very usefull so this are the 3 basic skills for elite...which would you use as a fourth skill?

what you guys say for fast dungeon running? --> what you guys thimk about ice / time / fire / gale?

primaeva
12-25-2012, 05:59 PM
My fourth is Fireball. Here's why.

3 sec cooldowns: Frost, Fire, Lightning
5.5 sec cooldown: Gale Force
10 sec cooldown: Time Shift

So-- Gale Force and Time Shift don't put out much damage at all, with Gale doing the least as no upgrades boost its damage.

Fire, on the other hand, has a low cooldown, decent damage, a DoT, a large AoE, and a stun if needed. After Ice/Lightning/Curse, it's definitely the next most useful spell.

Do note the above build is only for single-target fights. If you are fighting more than 1 opponent, you will begin to notice it's not as useful.

Sh4rK™
12-26-2012, 05:02 AM
which upgrades do you sugest for the elite stat?

what about the fastest dungeon running build?

Unknowable
12-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Hmm i guess high dps ;/

Khahl
12-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Depends on the dungeon! I would say if you're running for maximum survivability and AOE damage then run a standard Fireball, Time, Gale, and maybe Frost with the upgrade for multiple-target freeze. Dropping the clock with root, then AoE with Gale and Fire and use Frost for anything left or for those casters that need to be put on ice while your group handles the rest.

If you want to solo dungeons, I suggest making sure you try some different approaches to handling various types of mob groups. Learning how to properly kite stay alive is also critical.