PDA

View Full Version : Party and Public Games

Takezaki
12-26-2012, 05:40 AM
Quick question here.

I'm wondering if whenever you are in a party with another player you can still get people to enter the zone and complete your party?
Cause it seems that whenever I want to farm with a friend and other random players we cannot get anyone to join our game when we are in a party.
It makes it pretty hard to farm with friends with help from others.

Lyonvastia
12-26-2012, 05:44 AM
if you are with a party in the map where you created it, other can still join. But if you go to the next map, only your party can run the dungeon.

Takezaki
12-26-2012, 05:55 AM
I see so basically if you want to play with a friend + others you gotta be lucky and end up in the same map?

Lightningspeed
12-26-2012, 06:10 AM
When you're in a party, and you join a NEW map, all 4 player slots will automatically be reserved. So, no one else can join unless they're in your party. If you want to play with a friend and others, one of you can join a game, and get the other person to join you via the Social >> Friends tab. If you get into a map that is full already, exit and try again.

grunt226
12-26-2012, 02:00 PM
When you're in a party, and you join a NEW map, all 4 player slots will automatically be reserved. So, no one else can join unless they're in your party. If you want to play with a friend and others, one of you can join a game, and get the other person to join you via the Social >> Friends tab. If you get into a map that is full already, exit and try again.

So what you are saying is that you need lightningspeed to invite a friend before the map fills up? lol

Duflie
12-26-2012, 02:58 PM
So what you are saying is that you need lightningspeed to invite a friend before the map fills up? lol

pretty much that way. Tell your friend to click join really fast as soon as u enter a pub game

Energizeric
12-26-2012, 03:46 PM
They should make it so that it allows other players to join but also reserves spots for the whole party. So if you got 3 in a party, it will still allow one additional player to join. Often times I have this same issue where I want to do runs with a buddy or two, but we don't have enough to fill the party. So we either have to run short-handed, or not at all.

Or if we have a full party and someone has to leave, then we have to spend time looking for someone to fill his spot, instead of just letting randoms join.

Edit: Or better yet, just allow us to "join" our friends without having to make a party, the way it works in PL. That would solve this whole issue.

Wizard_Mike
12-26-2012, 04:19 PM
If you're in a party with less than four people, it might be cool to have a "fill party" button where the invite button usually is. Tapping the button would open the remaining spots up for random players.

Takezaki
12-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Yes we should suggest this because it is very counter-intuitive.