PDA

View Full Version : Mount Fang question

eh-dee
12-26-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm a relatively new PL player (Veoffi in game), level 60 bear, started as pure strength, but lately adding dex. I'm really struggling with the Mount Fang quests. I've had plenty of help in game, but I can't seem to get by Aunt Emma. Any strategy's or tips would be greatly appreciated.

omgitsbri
12-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Aunt Emma isnt soloable without at least x3 combo. I reccomend finding a good group then trying. Try to avoid getting right on top of her as you take more damage(I think). Have hp potions available. I never was able to beat Emma at 60 so I leveled to 75 got my daily x3 and soloed it. For now you should just run Crypt til 63 -65 then do Sandbar/lost Villa to 70. The gold award from te quest isnt worth it as you just need to liquidate a few items and the quest gives what, 1 exp?.

Chopper
12-26-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm a relatively new PL player (Veoffi in game), level 60 bear, started as pure strength, but lately adding dex. I'm really struggling with the Mount Fang quests. I've had plenty of help in game, but I can't seem to get by Aunt Emma. Any strategy's or tips would be greatly appreciated.

She has a strong "wave" attack. As long as you back off before she launches it, you can survive. When she leans back and "charges up" for a second, just back off to maximum range or near the wall, and you wont be one-shot killed. Otherwise, you can get close to her between wave attacks,

Ortalan
12-26-2012, 01:51 PM
If you can add enough dex to use a range weapon, you can stand on the wall, using auto-attack and range skills, and should be able to eventually kill her if you have a few potions. If you use a short-range skill, your toon will get close enough to maybe get one-shotted by one of Emma's wave attacks, but if you can stay on the wall, you should be safe from insta-death. Good luck!

Suentous PO
12-26-2012, 08:32 PM
She has a strong "wave" attack. As long as you back off before she launches it, you can survive. When she leans back and "charges up" for a second, just back off to maximum range or near the wall, and you wont be one-shot killed. Otherwise, you can get close to her between wave attacks,

The killer ("strong wave") is a shorter blue ring, if it doesn't kill right away it strips armor so the next strong breeze will kill you. The short rings are timed about 6 seconds apart. When you first see her she may be at any part of this cycle, stand back and see when it happens. Also, just before she attacks, as said, she shows you what's coming. It's a tell, and when she has arms back she is invulnerable for a sec, so hold off any bammer combos or they're wasted.

Ogbuehi
12-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Do like one of the above posters suggested. If you can't get a skilled or high level team to do it with you, come back to it later. It's almost like trying to complete the totem quest at level 50. Might as well move on up to level 75, then come back. That way you don't have to rely on anybody.

Pulkeren
12-27-2012, 12:28 AM
just join other players

Deathofan
12-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Here is apollo's guide on mount fang http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42743-The-Extensive-Mount-Fang-Boss-Guide!&highlight=Apollo in case you still need.

BuLLitz
01-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Aunt Emma isnt soloable without at least x3 combo. I reccomend finding a good group then trying. Try to avoid getting right on top of her as you take more damage(I think). Have hp potions available. I never was able to beat Emma at 60 so I leveled to 75 got my daily x3 and soloed it. For now you should just run Crypt til 63 -65 then do Sandbar/lost Villa to 70. The gold award from te quest isnt worth it as you just need to liquidate a few items and the quest gives what, 1 exp?.

Unlike what is mentioned above, the BEST place to be is right next to Emma. There is very little damage in the immediate vacinity. When Emma starts bending backwards as if she is taking deep breaths, get away from her but not too far.
She will do 3 back-bends and then let out a blast that will do severe damage to anyone next to her.
You do not want to be right next to her only when she does that.
As soon as those blast rings start coming at you, run towards her to get close to her again before her next regular blast waves start coming out.

Roberto077
01-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Aunt emma has a pattern of attacks. There are her basic wave attacks and the charged wave attacks. For bears you will want to get up close until you notice her stop using basic attacks. At that time, fall back to about 12m (range of beckon) so you won't get hit. Make sure to bring tons of health potions and have a mage near by for heals. Palidans are also really good for support at the bss fight.

onasho
01-04-2013, 02:11 AM
You can solo emma easily wearing str gear. Lv 60+. If you have the timing down you may not even need to burn that many potions. Less then 25. Watch emma closely as you fight her. Suggest other players to stop fighting right up close to her or runing around her like crazy. So that it doesnt impair your viewing on emma.

Anyways, you are safe to walk up to her and fight untill she does the wave attack. Again, watch her closely, as soon as she charges (you will see bubble like stuff coming onto her) then walk away. Just walk till you hit the closest wall.

Come back and attack her again as soon as the waves are over.

Repeat these steps and you will be able to kill her with no problems.

Emma is the easiest fang boss out of all. (For Str builds)

Good luck :)

Chopper
01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Emma is the easiest fang boss out of all. (For Str builds)

Good advice.

But definitely not the easiest for BIRDS ha ha
She used to give me nightmares when i was levelling up through Fang. I had to switch to a Vampyr crossbow that i carried around JUST for her, so i could survive her attacks better.

Oskitopee
01-05-2013, 08:40 PM
all in all, mount fang isn't soloable at lvl 60, unless ur willing to die a LOT. :p

McBain
01-05-2013, 10:45 PM
It's been pretty well explained at this point, so all I'll add is that it doesn't appear to matter how far away you are in terms of how much damage the normal waves do. All that matters is that you avoid the smaller wave and you'll be fine.