PDA

View Full Version : Best PvE Build

Szangheili
12-26-2012, 01:03 PM
People tell me that Warriors are best with Higher Armor and decent DPS, so to do so, should I put all my points into the Strength stats? I usually put 4 in strength and 1 on the other two stats to sort of balance it out. But I honestly need to know the best way to make my warrior effective in PvE. I'm currently Lvl 14 almost 15 and want to know what to focus on when I keep lvling up. I would be more than willing to buy some plat to fix everything up.

TheLowerLight
12-26-2012, 02:12 PM
all 6 go to strength each level. Reason is you have 2 great ways to regain mana: effortless execution upgrade from skyward smash and the vengeful blood buff.

Szangheili
12-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Kk thnx for the help :) Time to respec the points :)

ShadowGunX
12-26-2012, 10:35 PM
hey add me vetal. i will advice u about skill plotting nd show u how to use skills effectively

Prack
12-28-2012, 09:54 AM
I did 5 str and 1 dex every level (for crit etc)

Ozwald
12-28-2012, 10:52 AM
It will 100% depend on your personal play style. For instance if you prefer to solo instances and farm by yourself you will be looking for some dex as well as str on your gear where as if you are planning to roll as a tank you're looking for pure armor and str. I personally prefer to tank, period. However when soloing stuff dies ultra slow however I die ultra slow so it works out. If you want to kill stuff warriors are absolutely capable of doing some respectable dps (when not compared to rogue or sorc). I have yet to be able to keep pace with either of the "pure" dps classes. I tend to use Flapjack for the health and mana regn as well as the damage buff when i'm soloing. I hope that this little blurb helped at least a little.

Rasittt
01-01-2013, 09:07 PM
all go in str, period...unless you're looking to build a pure tank, then some could go into int..
dex= a big no no for a warrior at any style.

Szangheili
01-02-2013, 02:06 AM
all go in str, period...unless you're looking to build a pure tank, then some could go into int..
dex= a big no no for a warrior at any style.
First time I heard this. I seriously think Warriors need the DEX to keep their crit % pretty high.. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

Reggin
01-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Pure str is still the way to go for many reasons. Even going pure dex would add only about 3% more crit, but your base damage would fall.

From a tanking standpoint, it also fails as 20 dex gives 1% dodge and 60 health. 20 str gives 200 health.

So the math behind it suggests that until 1% dodge increases overall survivability more than 140 health (would require a total health pool of about 14000), there is no reason to prioritize dex over str in base stats.

Now from a gear perspective, if you can itemize dex and dodge in addition to str and armor, that's a great situation. It's why I personally use the agile berserker armor and helm. I use the sword and shield with max armor, and the rings that give str first, dex second, and dodge.

Rasittt
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
First time I heard this. I seriously think Warriors need the DEX to keep their crit % pretty high.. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

please explain how a warrior can keep their critical high..and what good will it be when your dps is lacking, as well as your hp..
you should look into warrior guides..

Szangheili
01-03-2013, 04:25 AM
please explain how a warrior can keep their critical high..and what good will it be when your dps is lacking, as well as your hp..
you should look into warrior guides..

I have and most say the same thing I am, Crit% shouldn't be really low, I'm simply saying that if you have the chance to raise it, although it decreases a little bit of armor or health, by any means do so. As well as dodge too. Just think about it... And about the DPS, warriors were not meant to deal damage, so focus on armor and health. Lol obviously you don't really know much about warriors.