PDA

View Full Version : Display my title on/off

Yakiniku
12-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Under social options, can there be an option to toggle on and off your own title? My main is a dagger rogue and I mainly play on mobile. So since I'm in melee range all the time, long titles and/or guild names on top of my character get in the way on my little 4.3" mobile screen.

Some guilds have this rule of always needing to display their name in your title, and personally I have no problem with that. I would just like to hide it on MY screen since it hinders my ability to see what I'm hitting in a huge mob, or see where I'm standing in relation to a boss.

Thanks for reading.

Deathpunch
12-26-2012, 02:18 PM
It's there.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/user7618/2012-12-26_14-21-40-picsay.jpg

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

Yakiniku
12-26-2012, 03:51 PM
It's there.

Yes, but that turns off ALL titles including those of other players. I wanted to leave other peoples' titles on, just so I can see what guild they are from, etc. Totally my fault, I forgot to mention that in OP. smh

Thanks for the giant arrow though haha.

Lowlyspy
12-26-2012, 04:03 PM
You want your title to display to others but not you, or just not to display at all?

Yakiniku
12-26-2012, 04:07 PM
You want your title to display to others but not you

That. :)

Deathpunch
12-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Ah, ok. Sorry, I did misunderstand.

-----
Dear STS,
Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
Sincerely, everyone.

Wizard_Mike
12-26-2012, 07:01 PM
If you turn off "Display my name", it will hide both your name and your title to you, but everyone else can still see them.

Yakiniku
12-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Ah, ok. Sorry, I did misunderstand.

Ah it's no problem. I read my OP again and I can see where the misunderstanding comes from. I wasn't very clear, so it was my mistake really.

If you turn off "Display my name", it will hide both your name and your title to you, but everyone else can still see them.

True. I tried that a couple of days ago, but lost my toon in the huge Watchers Tomb 4 mobs. Need to know where my little rogue is since I like to pick off the caster mobs before coming back to chew away the rest of the mob. It takes some pressure off of the group and might save the tank a pot here and there. Or if I'm taking lead, then it's just for my own well being hah.

I know, I know, I'm being really picky! They should just make a "make my character glow" option or something haha.

DataPunk
12-27-2012, 11:10 AM
I play with my name disabled and if u remember ur toon is always in the middle it isn't to hard.