PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends Pet Poll (Which pet is better?)

aniybo
12-26-2012, 04:20 PM
So I decided there were some people out there that might want a pet and well just simply don't know which one to get.
So you guys will vote to see which pet is better!
I will make a sorcerer, warrior, and rouge section so you can see which one is better for you!
*Please tell me the name of the pet, name the reason why you think he/she is the best pet and which class is best to use on. 1 vote per person ( in each class ).
Sorcerer - the mighty wizard
Colton - 3 votes
Ribbit - 1 vote
Malison - 2 votes
Flapjack - 2 votes

Warrior - the tank
Snaggletooth - 4 votes
Nexus - 1 vote
Ribbit - 3 votes
Loki - 1 vote
Malison - 2 votes
Flapjack - 2 votes

Rogue - the damage dealer
Malison - 4 votes
Horton - 1 vote
Granite - 1 vote

Help me fill in the spaces and just tell me why you think it is the best for the class.
Thank you and without a further wait u guys can start!

Wizard_Mike
12-26-2012, 04:29 PM
As a tank, my favorite pets are Snaggletooth and Nexus. Snaggletooth has the better defensive stats, while Nexus's arcane ability lets me save on mana pot usage. The damage reduction is the main appeal for both of them for me.

I don't have Shiloh yet, but looking forward to trying her out since she has the highest damage reduction of all the pets.

aniybo
12-26-2012, 04:42 PM
As a tank, my favorite pets are Snaggletooth and Nexus. Snaggletooth has the better defensive stats, while Nexus's arcane ability lets me save on mana pot usage. The damage reduction is the main appeal for both of them for me.

I don't have Shiloh yet, but looking forward to trying her out since she has the highest damage reduction of all the pets.

Could u reduce the pets to 1?

dtandel10
12-26-2012, 04:55 PM
i just bought malison today after watching how to train ur dragon and i gave the same name as the movie

but to get to the topic: for mage fo with an.armor pet like cerella, koko, abigale

rogue - bop-bop, esteban.... pets with dodge basically

or just go for pets.u.like or a.pet from a show u watch or something thats what i do since.i dont care about K/D ratios

aniybo
12-26-2012, 04:59 PM
i just bought malison today after watching how to train ur dragon and i gave the same name as the movie

but to get to the topic: for mage fo with an.armor pet like cerella, koko, abigale

rogue - bop-bop, esteban.... pets with dodge basically

or just go for pets.u.like or a.pet from a show u watch or something thats what i do since.i dont care about K/D ratios
I asked for 1 pet per each class so would u mind making 1 per each class? Or choose between those pets?

Khahl
12-26-2012, 05:09 PM
For Sorcerers, the best pet is clearly Colton. His passive ability is amazing, and the activated ability is awesome both for self and for party - as well as the amazing stats!

Since most people (including myself) don't have Colton yet, I suggest Flap Jack and Ribbit. Flap Jack's +8 hp and mana regen, and +% damage is awesome, but the AOE stun is a life saver. Ribbit's arcane ability is awesome for dps, and the hit points are helpful especially for bosses.

Bless
12-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Mage obvious colton
Rogue Malison
Warrior Ribbit

Rob Prose
12-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Count snaggysworth for tanking pet.

Takezaki
12-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Ribbit for Warrior is pretty much a lockdown.

Ashenor
12-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Just started playing yesterday, level 17 rogue now.

How is flap jack for rogues? I have been using it the +15% dmg, and regen seems good plus the active ability to stun and lower armor seems to be working great so far.

moonway03
12-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Sorc colton
War ribbit
Rogue horton

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Energizeric
12-26-2012, 11:43 PM
For myself (a sorcerer) I like Flap Jack and Ribbit.

Flap Jack is great for farming mobs (places like the tombs, or tower) because with his high health & mana regen, you save a fortune on potions.

Ribbit is great for fighting bosses because of the 40% crit proc. Lots of critical hits cause major damage, especially with Lightning Bolt skill which gives 250% damage on a critical hit.

Limsi
12-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Rogue- My one and only Granite!

Raxin
12-27-2012, 12:11 AM
War loki
Sorc ribbit
Horton rogue

aniybo
12-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Just started playing yesterday, level 17 rogue now.

How is flap jack for rogues? I have been using it the +15% dmg, and regen seems good plus the active ability to stun and lower armor seems to be working great so far.
Khahl mentioned flap-jack and ribbit as the backups if u dont have colton yet.

Pafucel
12-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Rogue- Malison

Farming trash/dailies:
Flapjack, Nexus and Horton

Drizzid
12-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Malison should be at the top of the list for all classes.

On my Sorc if I'm not using Malison, for some crazy reason, I rock either flapjack or ribbit

Jcyee
12-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Warrior-ribbit

Has good health regen and good amount of added strenght to stats. Some nice crit as well ;)

Pafucel
12-27-2012, 03:06 PM
With a dedicated team I recommend at least one person run Ribbit for the crit buff.

Malison fo life! (Though the new wrathjaw shows promise- same basic dps boost but includes aoe dmg burst active instead of dodge buff. If fight lasts longer than 50 seconds wrath is more eHP) I personall prefer the dodge buff and let the mages aoe.

Steverd
12-27-2012, 03:30 PM
My favorite has been Flap Jack for both the Warrior and Sorcerer.

aniybo
12-27-2012, 05:52 PM
With a dedicated team I recommend at least one person run Ribbit for the crit buff.

Malison fo life! (Though the new wrathjaw shows promise- same basic dps boost but includes aoe dmg burst active instead of dodge buff. If fight lasts longer than 50 seconds wrath is more eHP) I personall prefer the dodge buff and let the mages aoe.
Please include the class which its best for.

Traebeles99
12-27-2012, 05:54 PM
I honestly on a warrior never use mana pots only health from tanking. So IMO its snaggle and dmg I think either Malison or Wrathjaw.

DontNerfMeBro
12-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Malison will always be best unless nerfed. All classes. every time.

NeoKing
12-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Snaggle for warrior

Aeoros
12-27-2012, 07:28 PM
As a rogue, I have to say that malison is pretty trash...

Top tier pets are Horton, Flap and Wrath

P.S. I think ppl are forgetting Wrath has the extra 10%dmg ontop of Malison

iacito
12-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Sorcerer-Koko
Make up for low armor by giving 80 armor and its addition to your stats + arcane ability give you + 150 health and + 300 mana

aniybo
12-27-2012, 10:26 PM

please state the class, in which the pet is in.

DontNerfMeBro
12-28-2012, 12:40 AM

Sorry guys. I ain't gonna be the one to do all the math for you, but I will take a few screenshots. This is a simple display of how Malison overpowers most pets.
Yes.. Have Flap may increase your DPS, but the amount is laughable compared to the combined spectrum of power that Mali offers. HP? Mana? (if you're a rogue, you already know about this) Crit???

Not even getting into passive attacks/active attacks...there's another thread for that.

EldestCollection
12-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Yes,
Malison for rogues
Tooth for Warriors
And lately Ribbit for Sorcer

Drizzid
12-28-2012, 03:07 AM
I'm shocked this is still up for debate. It should be noted that Malison IS the best pet, and the discussion should be geared towards what is the best alternative.

Other pets may be better in some aspects, but there is no debate malison is the best overall pet. It's fairly obvious considering the egg never drops and that it costs 90 plat; this is not by coincidence.

Shonex
12-28-2012, 03:24 AM
The best pet for sorcerer? Hmmm...
Colton FTW! :D

DontNerfMeBro
12-28-2012, 03:32 AM
I'm shocked this is still up for debate. It should be noted that Malison IS the best pet, and the discussion should be geared towards what is the best alternative.

Other pets may be better in some aspects, but there is no debate malison is the best overall pet. It's fairly obvious considering the egg never drops and that it costs 90 plat; this is not by coincidence.

*pants

ty for explaining what I am incapable of

Aeoros
12-28-2012, 04:48 AM
Lol yeh, keep padding that stat page, even though the pet's dmg bonuses aren't on the avatar page...
By that logic Seeker>Lifethief before they updated the stats...

Flap for Dmg & Stuns
Horton for Dex & Crit
Wrath for Dex & Dmg

I agree, Malison does have an awesome passive, but its active and bonuses are very ordinary, moreso now because full dex builds are possible without Malison.

DontNerfMeBro
12-28-2012, 05:13 AM
Lol yeh, keep padding that stat page, even though the pet's dmg bonuses aren't on the avatar page...
By that logic Seeker>Lifethief before they updated the stats...

Flap for Dmg & Stuns
Horton for Dex & Crit
Wrath for Dex & Dmg

I agree, Malison does have an awesome passive, but its active and bonuses are very ordinary, moreso now because full dex builds are possible without Malison.

I guess it's possible they don't exist I'd they don't appear but... Try loading out/back in. It's weird how numbers appear.

♥XinXin♥
12-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Malison - All class as it pretty much increase every single stats.

Rogue - Wrath would be preferable for low cost yet good stats.

aniybo
12-28-2012, 10:36 AM
I be liking malison..

lonakana
12-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Hazel for warriors. Can't believe no one has voted for the best warrior pet yet.

Hsam8913
12-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Kettle is better for warrior

TheHobbit
12-29-2012, 08:28 PM
+1 for my Kevin (Flap Jack), the only drawback is it gets hungry. Very useful when I'm farming Elite Jarl, stun is life saver, I'm a Mage.

zweixii
12-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Rogue, there a few pets that suit rogue as mention i.e Horton, Granite, Wrath but if I have to pick one it be Malison for overall passive bonus.

Warrior, definitely pick Snaggletooth for tanking.

Mage, easily Colton for amazing passive bonus and arcane ability.

Bless
12-30-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't understand the reason for making a poll for this. To help newbies? No. They can choose a pet which is best fit to their playstyle.

topskillz
12-30-2012, 11:39 AM
What's the need to post negative on someone's thread? They might be doing it for their personal interest to see which pet to use...

McBain
12-30-2012, 12:02 PM
My vote would be Flap Jack for all three classes.

Vystirch
12-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Granit for rogue.

Bless
12-30-2012, 03:18 PM
What's the need to post negative on someone's thread? They might be doing it for their personal interest to see which pet to use...
So I decided there were some people out there that might want a pet and well just simply don't know which one to get.
So you guys will vote to see which pet is better!
Didn't mean it negative but it can't get better worded. A lot of discussions have been made about ideal pets for classes but there isn't a perfect/best pet. What I'm trying to say is, people can choose which pet is fit to their play style and sometimes people get peer pressured (I can't word this properly) to choosing a pet that has most votes etc. I brought flap jack but found it wasn't the right pet for me.

Vystirch
12-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Didn't mean it negative but it can't get better worded. A lot of discussions have been made about ideal pets for classes but there isn't a perfect/best pet. What I'm trying to say is, people can choose which pet is fit to their play style and sometimes people get peer pressured (I can't word this properly) to choosing a pet that has most votes etc. I brought flap jack but found it wasn't the right pet for me.

Clap, clap! Bravo!

azefekie
12-30-2012, 04:27 PM
No pet is the best for any class its whatever fits the build you're trying to achieve. Malison seems to only be good because hes so universal for any class

EDIT- but colton is the best for an all out dmg mage
granite would be best for a dmg and dodgey rouge
ribbit for those fat warriors who need a little extra hp and dmg dealing with a nice crit bonus

There are too many pets to say one is the best for all around but malison IMO would have to be it.....wish kettle was better

olsi07
12-31-2012, 12:54 PM
flab jack is my fav for warrior since can stun mobs for 3 sec ....

Dragonrider023
12-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Snaggletooth for Defense!!

Like others said every pets are best at different form of combinations!!

Lesmiserables
12-31-2012, 10:57 PM
+1 malison for sorc/rouges who needs hp and mana.
+1 snaggle/ribbit for warriors who needs to tank or crit .

Thermite
01-01-2013, 11:28 PM
I get over 1000 armor as a tank with koko without a sword and shield.

Crystalite
01-02-2013, 05:16 PM
I feel sorry for the poor devs responsible for some of these pets that peeps have termed 'trash'. :( To be fair, even if malison does not yield a rogue the highest possible damage capability compared to a horton while in a party, i think OP did not state conditions for play: whether solo or in a group, normal or elite, etc. Malison grants an overall bonus to many stats like hp and mp, so it is suitable for many players who may not have access to certain gear, e.g. They buy the cheaper dex/str gear and have low int/mp for example, and prefer to group with at least 1mage for recover mp to save mp pots, etc. Besides, even though OP asked for 'best' which implies only 1choice, would it not be boring if game had only 1pet? 'Trash' in my opinion is a tad too strong an adjective. :( Oh, and if I'm not wrong, my guess is that LesMis used malison as a pet when he solo-ed most of the instances for leaderboards recently(some group has now overtaken his/her record though) Do pls correct me if I'm wrong LesMis. But my point is that if whomever considers malison trash can do a better timing with say horton by all means go ahead :) The added hp bonus is practically essential for some specific areas when one goes for timing.

Anyway
+1snaggletooth/nexus for pure taunt warriors, ribbit for dps warriors.
+1malison for rogues who prefer a balance between hp/mana and damage capability, horton/granite for dmg/dodge+mp regen
+1colton for sorc (wish i can get a colton now!)

aniybo
01-04-2013, 08:10 PM

this is constructive critiscim and i appreciate it.

Ryuzawa
01-06-2013, 06:12 PM
mage = colton
rogue = granite
warior = hazel

CosmoxKramer
01-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Sorc - Colten

rjspyro
01-10-2013, 02:31 AM
wizard colton
Warroir ribbit
Rogue granite

though malison is flexible gives 20 to all stat + 5% crit

Jessicazx
01-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Sorcerer : Colton
Warrior : Ribbit
Rogue : Malison :D

Lesmiserables
01-11-2013, 03:14 AM
I alternate between horton and malison one of them for rate and other for hp and mp.

Kide2008
01-11-2013, 03:32 AM
lol you funny people i'v got 38 pets missing colton only , i would say the best pet of all of the pets is Blight but sadly its Epic not legendary . with normal attack that hit all + Arcane attack the hit all with range of 18 M ! + -10 Def that can reach the unreachable xD .

Lesmiserables
01-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Right the stats it gives u are also very EPIC ..

Enchounterer
01-13-2013, 08:27 PM
If I create a new character on my account, will the already purchased pets be available?

nenjih
01-14-2013, 01:57 AM
If I create a new character on my account, will the already purchased pets be available?

nope

Christopher Lee Seaman
01-14-2013, 04:47 AM
tank: been a big fan of snag since his release at which time everyone thought i was an idiot funny how things work out

mage: colton is my only missing pet looks good in writing though, that being said i use flapjack and wrathjaw for him

rogue: i just started you today need more time to decide, currently estaban is my goto pet for now