PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions...

Energizeric
12-26-2012, 06:18 PM
I've been playing AL mostly and haven't been on PL in over a week, so I have a few questions. I still like to play PL sometimes and definitely want to keep up with all new achievements/items that are available.

1) Is there an achievement for beating the boss in the winterfest 2-plat dungeon? I haven't done that yet, but I remember folks complaining how they could never complete the achievement for beating the forgotten dungeon boss, so if there is such an achievement, I'll sign on and make sure I do that before the dungeon is removed. Also, when exactly will the winterfest dungeon be removed?

2) Do any of the new holiday gear serve any purpose other than vanity? Is there anything significant like an item that has great stats for pvp, or something such as that which folks are paying crazy money for? Or anything that's an extremely rare drop??

3) I am aware of the 2 new quests they added for Lvl76, beating the elite red dragon 76 times, and then beating the onyx boss. I haven't finished them yet, but I know I'll have plenty of time as I'm sure it will be another month at least until the next campaign. But are there any other new quests, dungeons, or rare drops (besides the 3 elite drops from elite red dragon) that I should be aware of?

I just don't want to miss out on anything. I'm enjoying AL at the moment, but I'm sure I'll be back in PL at some point soon.

Deathofan
12-26-2012, 07:25 PM
1) no
2) black light & charred antlers
3) nothing new, most people are doing elite quest and farming the op phoenix bow.

Off topic: fizz logged in last week, said he quitted too.

Suentous PO
12-26-2012, 08:16 PM
To add to the # 2 answer, the drops from the toyman go for more as you only get one shot at a drop in toy factory, as opposed to frost king where you can pay once and farm for a few hours re-entering.
Those drops are like leather and iron pjs, candle wand, prickly mace, and cuddle me shields. That's why they are more than cloth pjs, sleds ect.

Energizeric
12-26-2012, 11:18 PM
1) no
2) black light & charred antlers
3) nothing new, most people are doing elite quest and farming the op phoenix bow.

Off topic: fizz logged in last week, said he quitted too.

Did he say why? Is he playing AL? I haven't seen him there, but don't know his IGN either. Everyone using different names in AL, so it's hard to make your connections. So far the only folks I've got on my friends list in AL are people from the forum and from the dragons lair guild.

But it does seem like a lot of vets of PL are over in AL now. If you take a look in the AL forums you will see all the familiar names that were regulars in this forum a couple of months ago.

For me I'm sure I will come back to PL at some point. AL is more of a challenge right now as I'm just starting out and trying to save money for good gear, trying to farm for pinks, etc. Reminds me of the "old days" in PL when we used to farm the sewers and AO3 for pinks and do Plasma Pyramid for gold, and when we got an item worth 20k it was reason to celebrate.

Now I can log into PL, spend 15 minutes in the CS, leave and come back the next day and see a 200k profit. And then I got nothing to do with the 200k as I already have every piece of gear I desire. It's become too easy. I'd really love for them to add something that's actually a challenge. Maybe a new version of the old dragon vanities....something that cost a ton and takes a lot of work to acquire. I remember saving for my first dragon set which cost me 26m. I need something like that to make it interesting again.

Deathofan
12-27-2012, 12:46 AM
Did he say why? Is he playing AL? I haven't seen him there, but don't know his IGN either. Everyone using different names in AL, so it's hard to make your connections. So far the only folks I've got on my friends list in AL are people from the forum and from the dragons lair guild.

But it does seem like a lot of vets of PL are over in AL now. If you take a look in the AL forums you will see all the familiar names that were regulars in this forum a couple of months ago.

His ign is the same as pl, iilightii. I know pl is getting boring, cap by cap nothing new. My only interest as of now is pvp but sooner or later it gets boring so I take a break for a few days then I get some interest back and so on. The elite dragon was kinda entertaining at first, I finished the quest then farming elite weapons was not worth it, as the price on both staff and hammer is just ridiculous, the crafted 2h versions are worth more and simply look better. Farming in blacksmoke is plain boring as mobs dodge 3/5 and kill mages and birds with 2hits. Im currently leveling another mage to l61 to farm vamp feast, ill pm you ign and add you if you wanna talk ig.