PDA

View Full Version : Glob/Mardrom Boss Fight Tactic

Tauss
12-27-2012, 01:51 AM
The Merri-go-round Maneuver?

Description: When you fight Glob and Mardrom, there is an easy albeit long way to beat them.

It took a little while but a lvl. 17 Sorcerer and a lvl. 20 Rogue beat both by exploiting the lava crater-like objects in the area.

Stock up on potions if you mess up. I'd carry at least 35-40 health pots and 20 mana pots.
Just get one character to aggro the boss ****around the crater**** in a circle. It will slow them down because they are trying to run around it to attack you.
Your main damage dealers can whittle away without really worrying about getting hurt*.
Glob's charging abilities get disabled because you are always turning.

*I know Glob summons two shark monsters to attack but they also kind of follow you around the crater as well.
*Mardrom's blue minions stop to attack you halfway through the battle, you need a fighter to aggro them away from the hero leading the boss around.
Things like movement speed may affect how this tactic works.

I would call this an exploit because I'm 100% sure we'd be destroyed if we tried a head on fight. Who else is using this tactic/exploit and seeing consistent results?

Edit: Side Notes:
-This is probably obvious, but get rid of all minions/summons that either boss will throw out at you asap. They're annoying.
-I said carry x amount of potions. If I were you, then I'd say more wouldn't hurt.
-The Rogue laid down health spikes like a bauss and aggro'd minions away. Delegate them roles.
-We had two people. If one dies, the other needs to have potions and/or healing abilities.
-Glob will change directions while you are leading him around the circle. Keep your eyes peeled.

I haven't spent a dime (yet) so I don't have the best gear. It took us a decent amount of time to do this but trust me it works like pepto on a bad day.

Fao
12-27-2012, 01:52 AM
Nice guide! I'm gonna have to try this!

ShadowGunX
12-27-2012, 01:55 AM
good strategy dude. nd Welcome To Forums.

Deathpunch
12-27-2012, 11:36 PM
I would hesitate to call this an exploit. This is a prime example of using the terrain to your advantage. Adapt and overcome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ArticBlast
12-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Yeah for Glob, when I am a rogue, I equip bows. Run around the crater and taking pot shots.. If I have to heal, I use packs. Not pots involved, but maybe occasionally man a pots.

Glob I have soloed at least three time. Importance is bows/guns.

To learn more, read my post of more than a week ago

DontNerfMeBro
12-28-2012, 06:35 AM
The Merri-go-round Maneuver?

Description:
Stock up on potions if you mess up. I'd carry at least 35-40 health pots and 20 mana pots...
-I said carry x amount of potions. If I were you, then I'd say more wouldn't hurt...
If one dies, the other needs to have potions and/or healing abilities...

FTFY.