PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Game Developers making $1,000,000 a day

lilweezy
12-27-2012, 06:31 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/10/08/technology/08bits-clash/08bits-clash-hpMedium.jpg

Prepare yourself to meet Finnish games developers 'Supercell.' You will be hearing from them very soon.

Why? This is a 70-man company currently generating over $1,000,0000 in gross revenue a day, from the work of only 2 iOS-only games.

That is about double it's revenues from October, when the NY Times reported that the company was making over Five Hundred Thousand per day.

Furthermore, when you take away Apple's cut, which is 30%, that means they're currently making about Seven Hundred Thousand a day.

They have just surpassed Electronic Arts in terms of monthly iOS revenue, who are the juggernauts of the gaming industry. Just so you know, EA distributes around 969 applications through Apple, and Supercell only has TWO!

Meanwhile, the people are clocking in over ten sessions a day on average, with over 66 million products being sold on a daily basis through Hay Day alone. Moving alongside, 'Clash of Clans' goes through millions upon millions of battles every single day, and no signs of slowing down.

For the record, the company raised $15,000,000 in funding from other companies like London Venture Partners or Accel Partners.

Zapder
12-27-2012, 06:46 AM
Err wrong section?

Suentous PO
12-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Sounded interesting untill I read the reviews. Lots of angry people.

MightyMicah
12-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Sounded interesting untill I read the reviews. Lots of angry people.

Sounds like Pocket Legends xD

Skeletonlord
12-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Well, if a game is good enough, more and more people will play, in Pocket Legends case, you can see why millions have created accounts and are playing. I have played Spacetime games for a couple of years now, and will always be logging in and chatting to friends.

This Clash of Clans game must be a hit, perhaps I will give the game a spin? Is it worth playing?

Suentous PO
12-27-2012, 07:36 PM
This Clash of Clans game must be a hit, perhaps I will give the game a spin? Is it worth playing?

What I got from the reviews is that it's unfair at the moment. Reason is you level up, yet to fight others it's not by level, but by trophies, so high lev ppl are farming new players by intentionally giving up trophies. It might need some work or, the reviews might be misleading.

@ Micah- lulz ;)

Kaiserwarrior
12-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Well, if a game is good enough, more and more people will play, in Pocket Legends case, you can see why millions have created accounts and are playing. I have played Spacetime games for a couple of years now, and will always be logging in and chatting to friends.

You should try it.Its for me the best Battle Strategy Game on IOS.

Astrocat
12-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Err wrong section?

Wait, what section are we? Oh yeah, off-topic.

ArtofWar
12-30-2012, 04:40 PM

CoC is boring ._. i wouldn't start with it ._.

Skeletonlord
12-30-2012, 04:48 PM
So I've got some people saying its boring and some saying it's okay? I don't know, huge decision right here....

razerfingers
12-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Good for them. So everyone in the company makes like 3.7mil a year

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

ArtofWar
12-30-2012, 04:58 PM
So I've got some people saying its boring and some saying it's okay? I don't know, huge decision right here....

Download it and try it.. maybe it is ok for you or it is boring.. you can still delete it if you don't like it :P

Doodlebeast
12-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Anyone played gun bros?
There's a 500 USD worth weapon lol.Overpriced.Pay to win

Seiyen
12-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Anyone played gun bros?
There's a 500 USD worth weapon lol.Overpriced.Pay to win

U can easily trick glue games ,for unlimited gold coins without root and jailbrake
Google it!