PDA

View Full Version : gender selection

reiin
12-27-2012, 07:25 PM
During or post character creation. It's avaliable in star legends why not here? For more customizabilty, males and females should begin with slighty different stats (i.e. Male rouge starts with bonus str, female starts with bonus int). Just an idea. What do you think?

Fao
12-27-2012, 07:33 PM
That would be nice, but probably not happening, because it's been suggested MANY times in other games but it didn't happen.

Szangheili
12-27-2012, 10:41 PM
I sort of wanted to pick Rogue as my first char, but they are all females... So I went with the Warrior ^.^

Wizard_Mike
12-27-2012, 11:15 PM
During or post character creation. It's avaliable in star legends why not here? For more customizabilty, males and females should begin with slighty different stats (i.e. Male rouge starts with bonus str, female starts with bonus int). Just an idea. What do you think?
Gender choice would be nice, but it should always be superficial. If not, then there would be a best choice for each class, meaning those that choose to play the other choice would be punished for doing so. Consider the warrior. Would males get STR and females get DEX? Then male warriors would be better. How about INT for males and DEX for females? Then females would be better.

If we were able to choose gender, then it should simply be chosen on preference. Adding an element that makes one choice better than the other simply ruins the choice for one of the genders.

I haven't seen it myself, but there's been talk that the devs are pretty locked in on keeping the gender setup as it is. Making two genders for each class means they have to create twice as many models for armors, helmets, and vanities. Not only does that increase the work for each expansion, but it would dramatically increase the install size, which is best kept as small as possible for mobile games.

Could it be done? Yes. Would it be nice? Yes. Might the devs ever change their minds on this? Who knows? Just don't hold your breath! ;)