PDA

View Full Version : Message to warriors who want to run elite.

Spite
12-28-2012, 04:01 PM
I main warrior and I've always heard other people complaining that there are no warriors that can tank etc.. But after playing a rogue for a while and doing some elite runs, I can now understand.

Pug warriors are 90% absolute trash, if you are a warrior stop trying to hide behind rogues and mages. Warriors that refuse to use hp potion and dies in 2 hit or wait for rogue and made to go in and take aggro, please stop running elite.

I've had it with all this bs, now I feel how rogues and mages feel.

/admin note: removed names/

and soooo many more, please make a rogue or mage, cause you guys make warriors look bad. Hiding behind rogues and few warriors actually asked rogue and mage to tank.

Bless
12-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Please refrain from naming names in the thread. I suggest you edit it out. :)

Raxin
12-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Mabye you should stop puging and only run elite with guildies

EldestCollection
12-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Tehee. i think sometimes Mages mess up by not healing and using only their normal attacks. That's why i run elites with guildies exclusively (they HAVE TO heal or else >= ]

Slant
12-28-2012, 04:41 PM
sshhh not cool taking names

xcainnblecterx
12-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey whats wrong with names? Knowing who not to and who to run with can be life and death for my mage. If my name was up therw id take it as advice and learn to play that class better. Now saying "why not teach them?" Is better

N00B
12-28-2012, 05:07 PM
I think you just violated some forum terms.
Btw, hehe.

dtandel10
12-28-2012, 05:07 PM
i aggree with u 100% i was doing watcher 4 and guys with 600+ armors are cowards (most of them)

i think sts should make all three class that can tank MOB but only warriors that can tank both its so fustrating going into dungeon only to have to leave after 1 min

N00B
12-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Hey whats wrong with names? Knowing who not to and who to run with can be life and death for my mage. If my name was up therw id take it as advice and learn to play that class better. Now saying "why not teach them?" Is better

What is likely to happen is:
<Your name> is a noob, liar and a scammer. Anyone comes across <your name>, do not trust this guy.
And he will just wait for others to finish the mobs and pick up the loots. So don't even run maps with him!

See? That's why we need forum terms...

Bless
12-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Hey whats wrong with names? Knowing who not to and who to run with can be life and death for my mage. If my name was up therw id take it as advice and learn to play that class better. Now saying "why not teach them?" Is better this is a PL/AL/DL/SL rule too bro did u have a brain fart?

Spite
12-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Mabye you should stop puging and only run elite with guildies

Made a rogue for fun no guild, maybe thats the reason.

N00B
12-28-2012, 06:40 PM
this is a PL/AL/DL/SL rule too bro did u have a brain fart?

LOLZ brain fart :excitement:

Takezaki
12-28-2012, 07:13 PM
For good dps wanting to run with a nice tank :

ign : takezaki

DontNerfMeBro
12-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Tehee. i think sometimes Mages mess up by not healing and using only their normal attacks. That's why i run elites with guildies exclusively (they HAVE TO heal or else >= ]

mage normal attack is beast :(

McBain
12-28-2012, 08:11 PM
It goes both ways. If you're a mage or a rogue, stop running ahead of the group. Also, keep in mind that you may be on a speed elixir and others might not. Just because you can move faster doesn't mean you should.

Corpser
12-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Edit out the names please the people may not be skilled at the moment but if people see this then they may stop running with these characters which stops them leveling and eventually getting mad and quitting.

Sometimes a warrior may not be to sure if the teams all ready in some occasions to I have been in multiple situations were rogues dashed ahead randomly while i was waiting for the rest of the group

Matutd
12-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Lol @ forum police.

I agree 100%, the only reason I made a warrior is so that I can run pugs knowing that there's always a good tank in my team (me). I get tired of spamming hp pots while the warriors watch me get pounded.

Also as for the guy who said about mages need heal, I don't have heal on my mage. Not once have I even needed it. And I've never been unwanted in a team due to the fact that I don't have it. A good mage should output huge aoe damage, and why would I want to sacrifice some of that to heal my team, who, if we have a good tank, aren't even getting hurt.

Nightarcher
12-28-2012, 08:50 PM

Did you seriously just say that?

Come on! Sorcerers aren't some "support healer" class! Use some health potions, sheesh haha.

Energizeric
12-28-2012, 09:06 PM
If you tank, then I will heal. But if you don't tank, or if you cannot manage to keep aggro and the boss comes after me constantly, then you can heal yourself. LOL

Bless
12-28-2012, 09:17 PM
If you tank, then I will heal. But if you don't tank, or if you cannot manage to keep aggro and the boss comes after me constantly, then you can heal yourself. LOL Actually tanking has become a habit or a nessecity for my rogue because most tanks fail at taunting at the right time. Do what I do, dont rely on wars and expect to go into bossfights as a tank.

Sts give wars taunt passive!!

Energizeric
12-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Actually tanking has become a habit or a nessecity for my rogue because most tanks fail at taunting at the right time. Do what I do, dont rely on wars and expect to go into bossfights as a tank.

Sts give wars taunt passive!!

I refuse to do that. If I see a warrior is not tanking properly, I stop using my attack skills and only use regular attack.

lakersrockftw
12-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Take out the names it's against sts rules.

ctf
12-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Disrespectful

xcainnblecterx
12-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Ahh ok thanks.noob for putting it into perspective. Miraclebird no just left my brain in bed.today

Dragonrider023
12-28-2012, 11:38 PM
I main warrior and I've always heard other people complaining that there are no warriors that can tank etc.. But after playing a rogue for a while and doing some elite runs, I can now understand.

Pug warriors are 90% absolute trash, if you are a warrior stop trying to hide behind rogues and mages. Warriors that refuse to use hp potion and dies in 2 hit or wait for rogue and made to go in and take aggro, please stop running elite.

I've had it with all this bs, now I feel how rogues and mages feel.

/admin note: removed names/

and soooo many more, please make a rogue or mage, cause you guys make warriors look bad. Hiding behind rogues and few warriors actually asked rogue and mage to tank.

That's sad, because basically many warriors don't really know how to tank. They either don't understand game, or buy elixir to do their work.

Bejo
12-28-2012, 11:46 PM
that a risk of elite farming with random people. i suggest you to do elite farming with your friends, some thing like that often happen if we just do elite with random people. some warrior is new player, they dont know how to do in elite map or they not strong enough to tank, some of warrior level 20 use level 16 gear. and even a "pro" player can do some bad thing they provoke all minnions around jarl just too prove if they strong and ended with a mess when they dead.

Libria
12-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Did you seriously just say that?

Come on! Sorcerers aren't some "support healer" class! Use some health potions, sheesh haha.

Nor is the Warrior necessarily a tank. You could make your sorcerer all STR, you know.

But let's not do this. If I see a warrior, I expect him to tank. In return, he can expect some heals. And we should both have pots handy if he loses aggro or while my heal is recharging.

BTW, I'm talking elite runs. If it's a tomb XP run, I might be mostly attack skills.

DontNerfMeBro
12-29-2012, 12:02 AM
Take out the names it's against sts rules.

wow great sig. kinda ruined it by actin all rent a cop. use the report feature. don't try to self enforce.

KillingManiac
12-29-2012, 03:47 AM
I am a warrior, but I agree with whatever you say bro. I have use rogue and Mage before so I know how you exactly feel

Psyche
12-29-2012, 03:52 AM
I've often found that those who blame their problems on others are really in denial of their own shortcomings.

DontNerfMeBro
12-29-2012, 05:00 AM
I've often found that those who blame their problems on others are really in denial of their own shortcomings.

Wrong! If I didn't have to respond to this post I could've stopped my bro from going to prison for stealing then crashing my car because he was wasted on booze!

I suppose it's my fault I was riding shotgun!

He's only 7 man. Stop passing blame!

Astrocat
12-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Amazing thread. No, really. I mean, it's perfect. Oh, it's like the 200th thread about the exact same thing. Dang.

Nightarcher
12-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Nor is the Warrior necessarily a tank. You could make your sorcerer all STR, you know.

But let's not do this. If I see a warrior, I expect him to tank. In return, he can expect some heals. And we should both have pots handy if he loses aggro or while my heal is recharging.

BTW, I'm talking elite runs. If it's a tomb XP run, I might be mostly attack skills.

Generally, I expect that:

1. Warriors be able to tank and do some good damage too
2. Sorcerers be able to dish out some beastly AOE while still being useful at bosses
3. Rogues to inflict massive single-target damage on bosses and mobs, maybe some aoe

Note that I don't expect any class to be a healer: each is responsible for his/her own health through utilizing teamwork and his/her own potions. :)

Raxin
12-29-2012, 12:18 PM
I will not rest until my name is on that list.....

Energizeric
12-29-2012, 04:14 PM
I got angry last night as every time at Jarl I ended up with aggro and worse yet half the time the mobs behind jarl got involved somehow by careless players and they too would come after me and I'd die. So I circled around Jarl for about a minute without attacking him at all, just to get away from him, and gave the warrior that time to reestablish aggro. If after that time he still couldn't manage to then I just simply run back to the portal at the beginning. Of course everyone gets angry when Jarl resets, but I'm not going to die and then not get a drop when I did all the work and they just wait and don't do their jobs. If you are a warrior then do your job and tank. I expect that at some point maybe I might gain aggro since I hit hard. But if I stop attacking then you should be able to regain aggro. If you don't it's because you're not trying.

Seriously, playing with a group should be quicker and safer than doing it solo. But half the time it's actually more dangerous and takes longer.

Enisceloz
12-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Amazing thread. No, really. I mean, it's perfect. Oh, it's like the 200th thread about the exact same thing. Dang.

Thank you!!

azefekie
12-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Unless Warriors have multiple taunt skills it's easy for a mage or rouge to steal aggro...and it gets annoying tanking on a mage with 3 warriors in the run.

jerzy448
12-29-2012, 06:05 PM
After this update warriors can not hold aggro no matter what. Chest splitter and taunts are worthless due to the fact that rogues and sorcerors deal so much damage. I have a really good tank in my guild but if im using my rogue he will not be able to keep aggro. Warrior taunts need a upgrade bad.

♥XinXin♥
12-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Basically only run elite when you have semi decent equips ( applies to all jobs ) or at least know how to play your job well !

McBain
12-29-2012, 11:52 PM

Exactly! I always say when you point a finger, you have three fingers pointed right back at yourself.

kateku
12-30-2012, 12:05 AM
I believe warrior is weak if they are not fully gear. In order for this problem to resolve they should up warrior armor so that they can tank better.

Without decent gear warrior is so weak and tear like a paper.

Btw don't blame everything on warrior, Mage an rouge have their own problem.

Mages fireball wrongly and rouge pierce everywhere.

I can understand what you feel as I have a rouge myself. 95% my rouge tank. I don't complain cause I know the class difficulty ok warrior.

My advice is play better and you will be good. Don't be greedy and spam pots.

Takezaki
12-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Great tank for your runs : Takezaki

:)

DontNerfMeBro
12-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Exactly! I always say when you point a finger, you have three fingers pointed right back at yourself.

that's like *I* always say, "five curled fingers make a fist BLAAAAAM nosebleed!" lol11! like you were sayin.. right?

clifle
12-30-2012, 01:31 AM
I am a mage, few actions I don't like that warriors did.
1. Clear the box at the first T-junction. I see pretty meaningless to clear that, oh ya it will spawn santa-goblin but it drops only junk now. and most of the time the warrior lure a goblin mage or more, and waiting mage and rogue to help them clear the mess.
2. Waiting at the first stone after the bridge. What is the purpose of waiting there if a mage and rogue is already there waiting for you? The spearman goblin behind will be beating the mage or rogue most of the time coz we run behind, and we have to waste pots just to wait you. It's okay if you are open some buffs, but why some warriors are just starring at the five goblins there?
3. control the aggro or heal. I know it's difficult to keep the aggro on you, and I am okay if I tank the boss we kill faster. But when warriors are tank-ing they ask for heal, so as well u should be healing the mage or rogue, jarl kills them in 3-4 smashes.
I can solo jarl in 2mins with spending around 15 pots, I expect pugging can be faster and spend pot lesser, that's the reason.

extra note: A warrior with average amount of hp and armor and willing to spend on pots is considered as a respectable tanker. I do understand their expenses and sometimes eve spare them few k for pots.

Enisceloz
12-30-2012, 02:01 AM
I am a mage, few actions I don't like that warriors did.
1. Clear the box at the first T-junction. I see pretty meaningless to clear that, oh ya it will spawn santa-goblin but it drops only junk now. and most of the time the warrior lure a goblin mage or more, and waiting mage and rogue to help them clear the mess.
2. Waiting at the first stone after the bridge. What is the purpose of waiting there if a mage and rogue is already there waiting for you? The spearman goblin behind will be beating the mage or rogue most of the time coz we run behind, and we have to waste pots just to wait you. It's okay if you are open some buffs, but why some warriors are just starring at the five goblins there?
3. control the aggro or heal. I know it's difficult to keep the aggro on you, and I am okay if I tank the boss we kill faster. But when warriors are tank-ing they ask for heal, so as well u should be healing the mage or rogue, jarl kills them in 3-4 smashes.
I can solo jarl in 2mins with spending around 15 pots, I expect pugging can be faster and spend pot lesser, that's the reason.

extra note: A warrior with average amount of hp and armor and willing to spend on pots is considered as a respectable tanker. I do understand their expenses and sometimes eve spare them few k for pots.

So from all this, all I got is: It's ok for a Warrior to spend tons of pots tanking. And not ok for a Mage or Rogue to spend one or two if you're getting hit by enemies lol.

clifle
12-30-2012, 04:43 AM
So from all this, all I got is: It's ok for a Warrior to spend tons of pots tanking. And not ok for a Mage or Rogue to spend one or two if you're getting hit by enemies lol.

Hm.. I do have to spend pots sometimes even the warrior tanks well..

btw, with high numbers of armor, warriors get lesser damage and use the pot more effectively. and warriors with good skill build don't really need tons of pots for jarl. Other bosses are different stories.

Enisceloz
12-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Hm.. I do have to spend pots sometimes even the warrior tanks well..

btw, with high numbers of armor, warriors get lesser damage and use the pot more effectively. and warriors with good skill build don't really need tons of pots for jarl. Other bosses are different stories.

And I run with good Sorcerers and Rogues who STEAL AGGRO ON PURPOSE by spamming skills because they want to kill a boss quicker and they are already prepared to use some pots. If you and everyone else here complaining knew that our taunt skills are very UNDERPOWERED because of the great Damage that Rogues and Sorcerers can put out in this expansion. So bad is this case that even Warriors with all Taunt skills loose their aggro no matter what!! So by knowing this now I say play smart and learn the mechanics. Maybe this is the way STS intends the gameplay to be now.

Astrocat
12-30-2012, 11:04 AM
This, is going no where.

Deadbite
12-30-2012, 11:15 AM
So true astro this is also why PvP isn't out yet. Classes are VERY unbalanced. Rogues can do 1-2k damage on critc mages 400-800 warriors... Lol.... Rogues would dominate PvP..

Astrocat
12-30-2012, 11:19 AM
So true astro this is also why PvP isn't out yet. Classes are VERY unbalanced. Rogues can do 1-2k damage on critc mages 400-800 warriors... Lol.... Rogues would dominate PvP..

Exactly. And, I remember when these thousands of people complaining about warriors being overpowered. Pfft.

Enisceloz
12-30-2012, 11:36 AM
I wasn't going to post...but everytime I look at this thread and see the posts that keep popping out I'm just rolling my eyes lol.

Raxin
12-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Life was better when war was op