PDA

View Full Version : Time shift=Rookie mistake

DontNerfMeBro
12-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Pros: awesome animation that indicates to enemies its "time for the pain".

Cons: Short impact radius is counter intuitive to most builds.

needs talent tax for root argument.

doesn't root bosses.

hitting bosses with it.. See first con.

When running a "speed" build root/snare don't matter if your killing things fast enough to for a "speed" build.

KaKiT
12-29-2012, 08:34 PM
so wad u suggest to use instead of time shift

DontNerfMeBro
12-29-2012, 09:17 PM
so wad u suggest to use instead of time shift

Well.. Not to be coy (yes, 9/10 I am trying to be coy but right now I'm not) but I believe anything is better in any case*

*there are two known "cases".1. Elite runs 2. Other

Delirium
12-30-2012, 03:39 AM
This thread was a rookie mistake.. time shift is a great AoE skill for doing tomb runs, and the root is a totally invaluable skill if you do a lot of damage.

As a mage with 250+ dps, I pull aggro a lot.. but not when I drop a clock on the group I just fireballed, because when they get back up, they can't move and the rogue/warrior is finishing them off while nobody takes any damage because the enemies are still trying to attack me. If anything is still alive after the clock expires (and explodes, doing another fireball's worth of damage for free) then I can just fireball them back down.

I love time shift for elite runs.. it keeps mobs together so warriors windmill and rogues smoke bomb/noxious bolt/other mages AoE affects all the enemies, plus it damages the enemies when you drop it AND when it expires (equal to 2 fireballs). This thread is almost completely false, except for the boss part, but if you're using time shift as a main source of DPS to attack bosses then you don't know how to play a sorcerer anyways. That's what fb/ice/light are for.

bkkiller2
01-02-2013, 11:30 AM
great for tomb runs

Vystirch
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
This thread was a rookie mistake.. time shift is a great AoE skill for doing tomb runs, and the root is a totally invaluable skill if you do a lot of damage.

As a mage with 250+ dps, I pull aggro a lot.. but not when I drop a clock on the group I just fireballed, because when they get back up, they can't move and the rogue/warrior is finishing them off while nobody takes any damage because the enemies are still trying to attack me. If anything is still alive after the clock expires (and explodes, doing another fireball's worth of damage for free) then I can just fireball them back down.

I love time shift for elite runs.. it keeps mobs together so warriors windmill and rogues smoke bomb/noxious bolt/other mages AoE affects all the enemies, plus it damages the enemies when you drop it AND when it expires (equal to 2 fireballs). This thread is almost completely false, except for the boss part, but if you're using time shift as a main source of DPS to attack bosses then you don't know how to play a sorcerer anyways. That's what fb/ice/light are for.

This is what i was going to say, time shift is one of the most vital of PvE skills, no one knows about PvP though :P

DontNerfMeBro
01-04-2013, 03:35 AM

If you 250 dps and need help cleaning stuff up in tombs, or your party members need the root to clean up what you can't, there's a serious efficiency issue in your game.

drgrimmy
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Wow, interesting thread...

If you look at your skill page impact damage is as high as lightening or frost and it also does damage over time (with the upgrade). Furthermore unlike lightening or frost it is a true aoe skill and causes additional damage when the clock explodes (with the upgrade). In that sense, if upgraded, it is the most powerfull skill for a sorcerer to kill mobs. Not good for speed runs and breaking records? Actually good in the sense that you can drop it on a mob and then keep on running. If upgraded with root, DOT and the clock explosion thingy, it can kill a whole mob without any other assistance (this is on lower level tombs runs with weaker enemies). So you can run to a mob, drop the clock on it and keep on running. Much faster than trying to dps, frost or lightening that mob to death. In terms of aiming, if you experiment you will find that it drops slightly in front of you, or in front of where you were when you released the skill if you are running. For these reasons, in my opinion it is one of the most valuable sorcerer skills. This is in addition to the great crowd control properties for elite dungeons as described in above posts...

Either way, experiment and have fun with your build. If you don't like it then don't use it. Yes not good for bosses, but you should not be playing a mage if you want to kill bosses fast :(

Energizeric
01-07-2013, 05:36 PM
In my first build that I used until I was level 15, I used Time Shift. I then replaced it with Gale Force which I liked better, and then replaced it with Frost which I liked even better than Gale. My other 3 skills are Fire, Lightning and Heal. The main issue I had with Time Shift was that it was difficult to aim it. Basically you had to be standing where it was going to drop. I prefer to kite the enemies and stay away and attack from a distance. Also, by the time the clock would explode all the mobs were already dead, so that part was of little use. It seemed to work ok on bosses, but again you have to be right on top of the boss for it to land in the right place, otherwise it's too far away. Fire & Frost both have 14m range, and Lightning has 12m range, so with those 3 skills I can keep far away and inflict damage from a distance. I prefer having heal as my 4th skill, but if I didn't I would surely use Gale Force instead of Time Shift as it is also AoE when charged and has more range that does Time Shift.

neodebronco
01-08-2013, 12:22 AM
Lol..... Dun say that makes using time shift are rookies bro.
All skills chosen are dependant on the playing style.
I love time shift as I'm into DOT build. I just have to stand in the middle of big mobs and just spam my DOT skills. I can nuke and still cause additional damage while waiting for cool down which is rare due to my awesome rotation of skills.

IGN Kasilumati