PDA

View Full Version : The ranger - good pvp class?

Imsebastiaanl
12-29-2012, 10:25 AM
I was wondering if this class is good for pvp... If yes, what lv? If no, is the paladin a good pvp class?

- SebastiaaNL

Stonedsnake
12-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Fox is good for rushing. Inb4 hate on me.

Chickenrunnn
12-29-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm not good at all with paladin.. Maybe because I only did 3 fights against mages? :p

About fox, forgotten bow-ed ones are good :).. Yeah rushing with fox is the most evil thing to do.. so don't rush -.-..

But very good to steal flags in CtF :) They cross maps in 2-3 seconds :)

Elf-Orc-Naga
01-07-2013, 03:21 AM
But very good to steal flags in CtF :) They cross maps in 2-3 seconds :)

Hahaha nice it's a chicken run with flag! Rofl

Griffinfan
01-07-2013, 09:05 AM
try each of them. problem solved.

MageMaster
01-23-2013, 03:03 AM
he is the best class for ctf once you get leap , but in team deathmatch , you will need a forgotten bow like the archer :)

outcastranger
04-27-2013, 07:56 PM
idk about the fox but i do know that the paladin would struggle in PvP because of its lack of damage. It is great in PvE though due to its healing skills.

Hope this helps

grrims
04-30-2013, 06:59 PM
paladin, no. but fox can be good. u have to have the right gear and the right build. as for lvl, any lvl would work as long as u have gear.

Itoopeo
09-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Foxes L55 and above have no hope killing bears and pallys.

Dummeh
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Foxes L55 and above have no hope killing bears and pallys.

I can especially now after dodge buff increased

azesaiel29
09-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Lol dont rush with fox? I finally made one a couple days ago and was trying l10 PvP and I was just getting massacred by every class except for Ranger and paladin. maybe it's just my build but I definitely don't see having a good time with this one :-( seems like everyone wants to pick on the skinny little foxis lol. maybe someone can help me with my build a bit? ....azesaiel

Gragorak
09-24-2013, 06:26 AM
Lol dont rush with fox? I finally made one a couple days ago and was trying l10 PvP and I was just getting massacred by every class except for Ranger and paladin. maybe it's just my build but I definitely don't see having a good time with this one :-( seems like everyone wants to pick on the skinny little foxis lol. maybe someone can help me with my build a bit? ....azesaiel
Level 10 is quite bad for fox, try level 22 or higher.

Itoopeo
10-27-2013, 03:56 AM
Ranger is really good pvp class. It just takes a lot skill and training because you arent so strong like bears are but you can move really fast and assassinate exspecially mages.

Peanutbritle
10-27-2013, 10:34 AM
I was wondering if this class is good for pvp... If yes, what lv? If no, is the paladin a good pvp class?

- SebastiaaNL

I'm going to be completely honest. I am a veteran pvper and I find that it is extremely difficult to play pvp with a dex ranger or paladin. Paladin owns ctf with its tanking abilities and its charge that sprints it across the map but it's lack of damage and mana regen makes it a difficult choice to have for lv 70 and under.

The dex fox is extremely difficult in that it has no survivability when it is stunned because a fox can't unstun (bear is stomp, mage is heal, etc.) Also the dex fox is contradictory for pvp because it has skills that take it straight at the opponent but should dex kite.... Exactly why I suggest strength fox.

Strength Fox has the survivability without giving up that master damage of dex. The strength with the dodge skill make it a dodging tank dodging as much as a bear but dealing more damage with 8-9 damage skills. I have a lv 66 strength fox and am told by everyone I face "pro" this is because fox can be good if you have experience in pvp and have the instincts to know what to use when.

In conclusion, if you want to do paladin or ranger in pvp, the only viable option is strength fox quite frankly. Strength fox may take a while to get used to but if you can master it, you will have fun with it :)

Hope this answers your question!