PDA

View Full Version : endgame stat focus: dex or int?

Fusionstrike
12-29-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm trying to get some info on good stat builds for rhino. Hopefully all those who have a high-level rhino can chime in with their experiences.

I think it's pretty clear that a rhino will want some str. The class is at least semi-tankable, and really needs to be able to stay up and swinging to be relevant with its poor damage output. So to me the question comes down to where to put the rest of the stats: dex or int?

I started my rhino doing str/int, but later on I started adding to dex when I got sick of missing all the time. I have to say, I'm a lot happier with dex than int, at least on a personal performance level. What I don't know is whether it's having a major downside on the party enhancements. I can't really see my buffs/debuffs obviously making the party run smoother. As a result, I don't know if that's just because they don't really help much or my character is too lacking in the right stats to make the buffs pay off.

Does anyone have any suggestions on good rhino builds for 65-75? Anyone experimented with dex vs int and can weigh in on their relative value?

XghostzX
12-31-2012, 03:34 PM
STR is going to be the way to go - my 75 rhino is fully geared, with 67 dex for a damage and/or armor ring. If I were you, I'd wait to spend $$$ on gear. The rhino is extremely underpowered at the moment; lack of long range skills, lots of armor, but low health pool so we die quicker than you think. Not to mention, the damage is extremely low. The spell "Charge!!" has a cool down if you mis-time it on an opponent.

In the end, the Rhino is a support class. It can't really tank at the moment, but it can heal, and resurrect which is neat. The resurrection spell can have a range of like 14m... really useful for CTF.

Fusionstrike
01-03-2013, 02:18 AM
Yeah, the class may indeed need some tweaking to be competitive. I have noticed that using charge/redemption combo can be timed for nice effect. For example, hitting it when health is down allows redemption to strike at the right time to refill yourself more or less completely for decent level of that skill. I've also found that stacking all self buffs together makes it pretty good for tanking, especially combined with well-timed heals that give a nice after effect of high H/s. I have about 170 str and find I'm pretty hard to kill in pve.

I still wonder about secondary stat of Dex vs int. now that everyone's back from break, I hope some will comment on it.

XghostzX
01-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Never mind, I'm using full STR for armor and HP... pure support class.

heyllo
01-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Adding some Dex definitely helps kill quicker but you lose a good amount of survivability. So I do the same thing as ghost and go full strength when leveling in lost valley and basically buff heal and revive.

Have they mentioned anywhere possible future tweaks to the new classes?

XghostzX
01-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Adding some Dex definitely helps kill quicker but you lose a good amount of survivability. So I do the same thing as ghost and go full strength when leveling in lost valley and basically buff heal and revive.

Have they mentioned anywhere possible future tweaks to the new classes?

They haven't officially announced it, but when something brand new comes out, it'll be tweaked. Rhino's will (imo) will be vamped up.

Prack
01-08-2013, 10:00 AM
So I was thinking about doing str/dex/int even across the board. Most support paladins I've played in other games need all stats to be successful, what do you guys think? I think I would have enough str for gear and hp, enough dex for damage and enough int for spells.

Eddison Sukansingh
11-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Hey fusion I'm fireboyeddy old xplicit member. Lol
Well I tested the rhino with pure strength and strength / dex.

With pure strength you get the best survival but for a level 76 using savage gear it has very little damage. Against common mobs it kills them well but the bosses take forever to kill and in some cases it felt like the bosses were not dying.

I switched to dex/strength. This compromises your survival abit but it's worth it. The damage on bosses are allot better and it kills mobs faster. I use savage gears with dexterity/strength dual spec.
The rhino survival skills help it to compensate for the cut in strength which is compromised by the dual spec.
In all I think dexterity / strength is the best build for the rhino but you need perfect stat numbers with the savage gear. I would be happy to give you my stat numbers as my survival is very good on dual spec. ^_^

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thrall Wire
11-21-2013, 11:57 PM
i think u shuld try use str dex and then int like a tripl spec
what i recomend is use mostly str then half dex n liek 60 int
u want str for survival cuz u r tank then some dex for gud hit percentage n then int for heal n stuff