PDA

View Full Version : Guide: How to do fast Hauntlet runs

iacito
12-30-2012, 08:08 PM
While doing Hauntlet runs, I have remarked that it's almost impossible to get below 2:30 with a random group of players on Arcane legends. This is mostly due to the fact that they didn't have a strategy and thought that they had to kill every mobs in order to complete the Hauntlet .
So to remedy that problem (hopefully), here is my official guide on how to do fast hauntlet runs:

How to Start
-Make sure that you and your party have good pets (I recommend pets with speed passive and/or huge dmg boost :)).
Basic requirement
-A Party of 3 composed of mixed classes. I would recommend 1 war, 2 mage or 2 mages, 1 rogue. I recommended three players instead of four because more than 3 players make the maps harder and you have to do more work. Running the hauntlet with more than 1 warriors is not recommended because warriors have low damage and DPS (damage per second) making it longer for them to kill enemies ( The average MAGE does more dmg than an arcane warrior). For better timing and precision, use the help of your guild members and/or friends. Rogue parties are usually the fastest.
- Make sure that everybody is ready before starting the timing( Don't start by yourself, you will slow down your party considerably.)
-Good gear: If you can't afford elite pinks( or mythic and arcane), buy the extremely cheap bonechill set; it has really good stats ( more damage than top Noble gear but less hp ) .

Skills

-Sorcerer- For sorcerers going all AoE ( hits multiple targets) is the the best build that you could get for hauntlets (or any PvP map for that matter). AoE skills are fireball, frost, gale force, time clock and lightning (if you get lucky, lightning AoE proc would help you greatly). Also most of AoE skills have DoT (dmg over time). And what's better is that they "stack" meaning that if you have a 60 dmg DoT from fireball, frost and Time Clock, you would be able to keep a constant dmg of 180 on top of the skill arn rormal dmg.

-Warriors- A good hauntlet build for tanks is, skyward smash, windmill, vengeful blood, chest splitter/horn of renew. In the hauntlet, you have to be able to deal a lot of dmg as quickly and as efficient as you can. That's why i listed horn (with taunt) as a good option for warriors for hauntlet , it helps to group the mobs together so that they can exterminated easily with AoE skills such as Windmill, Skyward Smash, and Chest Splitter (hits up to three people in range) .

-Rogues- Personally i don't play rogue a lot but the most efficient builds i have seen for hauntlet, have been composed of Aimed Shot, Nox Bolt, Razor Shield and Shadow piercer/"Traps"/ Smoke Veil.

How to Complete
If you have done a Hauntlet run, you'll will know that the Hauntlet is composed of three stages(if you didn't, you know now:D).

-The First Stage
To complete the first stage, all your party has to do is to kill everybody in the room.
, and then you can move.
Recommendations: I usually target the mages/necromancers and archers first because of their long range of attack (the mage can stand anywhere in the room and will hit you), and create a bigger chance of survivality because it's easier to kill the other mobs if hordes of arrows and spells aren't being shot at you.

-The Second Stage
Unlike the first stage, in this stage, you don't have to kill every mobs, you have to kill all pres-pawned mobs. By that i mean the the ones that weren't summoned after you entered the stage . But first make sure to take care of the necromancers as they have the ability to summon more mobs, which will only confuse you and your party and make it harder to kill pre-spawned mobs. The mages/necromancers spawn at opposite sides of the room(3 on each sides), so it's better if one person of the party kill the necromancers in one side while another part kills the other side, while a third person should be trying to finish off the rest. When you see that stage 3 is available, move on and ignore the rest of the mobs.

-Boss Stage
This is the last stage and should be the easiest one to complete(A strong/good group can literally kill the boss in 10 seconds or even less). The boss is the fallen warrior(He is also the companion of Sigurn in Rook's nest:wink:), his main attacks are melee attacks which are easily avoidable. What you should be looking out for is his charged attack which release a pool of poison which, is most times, deadlier than him(but this is easily avoidable because if you get out of his range, he will cancel the attack). He also call his minions when he is about less than half his heath bar. you should ignore the minions and continue attacking him. But if the minions are a problem for you because of low armor and hp, use AoE (Area of Effect) attacks which will damage both the boss and his minions. One trick that i have found to get faster time is to fight him close to the barrier.

- To finish faster, i recommend for someone to go toward the finish when the boss is almost dead. It would be even better if that person was a rogue with shadow piercer as a skill( that 16m dash can make the difference between getting the haunted title or not) , or someone with a 25% speed elixir or with a pet with movement speed like Deston, shiloh, and slag, or a warrior with rally cry with the speed bonus.

Hauntlet Pure or 90 second Hauntlet is when you run the Hauntlet in 90 seconds (1:30 min) or less. It's easier to get the achievement when you're at low lvl , so take advantage of that. For lvl 30-31 If all the steps above are followed, there is a great chance that you will obtain the achievement.

Summary

-Running hauntlet 3 is easier than 4.
-Kill everybody in first stage to complete it.
-Kill all pre-spawned mobs in stage 2 ( necromancers should be killed first to prevent spawning of more mobs).
-Fight Boss and let somebody sprint to the finish when the boss is almost dead (preferably using speed elixirs or pet with speed movement).

Hope this helps.:)
If you want me to add anything, post it below.

Avshow
12-30-2012, 08:15 PM
well.... dmg is important.....at least ,you should have the equipment above average for running 90s.

Wizard_Mike
12-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Nice guide. Unfortunately, I imagine most of the folks that need to read it don't visit the forums.

Steverd
12-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Nice guide. Unfortunately, I imagine most of the folks that need to read it don't visit the forums.

Wow, isn't that the case with most of the great guides on here!!!!!

CosmoxKramer
12-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Recommendations: I usually target the mages/necromancers and archers first because of their long range of attack .
it would be awesome if people did this in any zone...hint to tanks and other dps just blindly attacking the first mob they see

ShadowGunX
12-31-2012, 05:24 AM
thanx. its a good guide. i usually gets ovewhelmed in the 2nd room. this guide helped me alot

Energizeric
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Finally got it in 90 seconds. I'm a level 21 sorcerer and did the runs with 3 level 20 rogues. Only the person who crosses the finish line in time gets the achievement. So we had to do it 4 times, once for each of us. They had a little trouble getting it done when I was the one running ahead as I hit the hardest, so we had to try that one 4 times, but the other 3 times we got it on the first try. So 4 out of 7 tries isn't bad. Our best time was 1:25.

adwin
02-26-2013, 04:20 AM
You can just as well finish it with 4 rogues with good equipment. Level 20+ do massive damage & you will barely have to use any health pots.
Here's another technique for mixed teams:
- 1 warrior/tank with medic skills, 3 rogues
or
- 1 tank, 1 mage, 2 rogues
The tank needs to go round each stage to pull all the existing mobs & initiate the appearance of additional mobs (undead from the ground). In the second stage, you can also pull everyone to the red barrier, so the mob is nicely tightpacked.
With all the mobs in 1 place, it's easy to aoe. You just need to keep in check the health bars & spawn pots when needed (usually the medic's job).

This was a basic tactic in Pocket Legends, but as AL is a relatively new game, quite a lot of the newcomer/higher-level players are not aware of this, so basically, like you mentioned, no strategy = time wasted.
This technique works wonders for the tombs as well.

MrFoster
02-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Now with new lvl cap you can even without strategy run in 1.30-1.40

Rollo
02-26-2013, 07:18 PM
I might be wrong but, don't maps scale to level? Too an extent? I notice some drop off eventually and say "xp disabled" or whatever, but I figured stuff like WT and KT and hauntlet scaled?

iacito
02-28-2013, 05:53 PM
I might be wrong but, don't maps scale to level? Too an extent? I notice some drop off eventually and say "xp disabled" or whatever, but I figured stuff like WT and KT and hauntlet scaled?
Those maps get harder every expansion.

Rollo
03-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Just Wanted to say thanks, using your guide my guildies and I all got our haunted titles!

iacito
03-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Just Wanted to say thanks, using your guide my guildies and I all got our haunted titles!Happy that i could help. :)

Destructible
03-06-2013, 01:26 AM
I like a full party of Mages. They buzz through the whole thing like swatting flies.

Limsi
03-06-2013, 07:21 AM
Cool guide!

wowdah
03-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Nice one.. sure helped me a lot when I was soooooooo noob (still am). Thanks man

Starbender
03-09-2013, 07:49 PM
I can't seem to get the title no matter what I do -.-

Alhuntrazeck
03-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Wrath now costs SO MUCH!

Haligali
09-19-2013, 05:45 AM
Nice one.. sure helped me a lot when I was soooooooo noob (still am). Thanks man

I can help you to get ap, pm me when you are online. :P

moogle8494
09-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Might try later.