PDA

View Full Version : Elite Jarl Rules of Engagement

Energizeric
12-31-2012, 03:01 AM
Same as many of you, I've been spending most of my time doing Elite Jarl runs. And unfortunately I've been dying a lot as well. I now have over 400 deaths, more than half of which have come during Elite Jarl runs. So I've come up with a new list of "Rules of Engagement" to which I now follow which helps to minimize my deaths.

As soon as any of the following occur during an Elite Jarl run, I leave immediately as fast as I can:

1) Any of the players dies (the issue here is that when they rejoin the fight, they usually drag with them the mobs from the bridge)

2) Any of the mobs from the bridge starts shooting arrows at us while in the area near Jarl (usually this results form #1, or from players stopping to shoot at the barrels on the bridge)

3) Any of the mobs behind Jarl become involved in the fight -- careless players shoot these mobs or they wander too close to them.

4) Jarl enters the fight before the mobs in front of him are all dead - this is not as big of a problem if you have good group, but with a random group, leave immediately if this happens as the result tends to be that #1, #2 or #3 usually follows soon afterwards.

So far by following these rules I have not died yet.

Arsies
12-31-2012, 03:55 AM
If I would follow your rules I wouldn't ever complete a Jarl run. Pretty useless for me.

ShadowGunX
12-31-2012, 04:12 AM
yh good rules dude. i usually follow these. if one dies one shouldnt respawn. coz he will bring mobs from bridge :-P

Energizeric
12-31-2012, 04:12 AM
If I would follow your rules I wouldn't ever complete a Jarl run. Pretty useless for me.

haha, means players are awful. I find I have to leave about half of them. The other half complete just fine, then I end up with no deaths.

ShadowGunX
12-31-2012, 04:13 AM

lmao. all the good elite jarl farmers follows these rules. u should try.

ShadowGunX
12-31-2012, 04:15 AM
haha, means players are awful. I find I have to leave about half of them. The other half complete just fine, then I end up with no deaths.

i really hate two things:
(1): when one dies nd respawn brings all mobs from bridge
(2): when one engage mobs that were behind jarl.

DataPunk
12-31-2012, 05:33 AM
I'm really sorry to say but if you cant handle a few adds you should maybe stay in normal mode. I find that positioning yourself and keeping ur eyes open works better then leaving 50% of ur games.

Arsies
12-31-2012, 05:46 AM
I'm really sorry to say but if you cant handle a few adds you should maybe stay in normal mode. I find that positioning yourself and keeping ur eyes open works better then leaving 50% of ur games.

Signed!

olafo
12-31-2012, 06:02 AM
+1 :D

Rare
12-31-2012, 09:23 AM
I laugh at your 400 deaths

Rasittt
12-31-2012, 10:37 AM
you're pretty funny..that means you leave the jarl parties 2/3 of the times..

ones that you listed above happens to me most of the time..if i were to leave the party each and every time, I doubt i could do such a thing as farming..

Energizeric
12-31-2012, 11:14 AM

Keeping eyes open doesn't work when they can kill you with 2 hits. The mobs with those long range bows can take about 60% of my health with one hit. If more than one of them is there and they fire at the same time, I'm dead before I even had a chance to hit the potion button. Maybe what you say would work for a warrior, but not for a sorcerer. And I got 550 armor & 1600 health which is high for a sorcerer, and it still happens.

Rasittt
12-31-2012, 11:23 AM
your deaths are irrelevant to what you had specified..if there's a good warrior that keeps the aggro then you won't have a problem..seems like you're getting the hits instead of the warrior :)

Vystirch
12-31-2012, 11:27 AM
I laugh at your 400 deaths

death to kill ratio dosnt make a good player, i have many top players on lb in my guild, most over 1k deaths.

Energizeric
12-31-2012, 11:30 AM
your deaths are irrelevant to what you had specified..if there's a good warrior that keeps the aggro then you won't have a problem..seems like you're getting the hits instead of the warrior :)

Yes, no warrior can keep aggro with me there. I hit too hard. My guild master Punish is one of the best warriors/tanks in the game, and I still pull aggro away from him on occasion on Jarl runs. But when I'm running with these random groups, I always pull aggro except on rare occasion when there is a really good rogue. I can handle pulling aggro from Jarl, What I cannot handle is mobs shooting their arrows at me from behind at the same time. Once I see the mobs coming from either direction, I'm out of there. Staying results in death most of the time.

TheHobbit
12-31-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't see it as a problem others spawning again what I'm concerned about is the guys who disturb the group of goblins near the barrels which can be done discreetly (i mean, without disturbing them). The wizard goblin, of course, will follow religiously into battle which end up disrupting the concentration with the mobs and the jarl and in most cases kills the not intended party.

If only I can say it always: You started the mess (disrupt the group of goblins near the barrels), then clean it. Don't involve the others.

Rare
12-31-2012, 12:18 PM
death to kill ratio dosnt make a good player, i have many top players on lb in my guild, most over 1k deaths.

Uhm yeah... I am approaching 1000. Misunderstanding.

Enisceloz
12-31-2012, 12:19 PM

Very true!! Only answer to this thread is STOP RUNNING WITH RANDOM PARTIES (and this is not the first time I write this in one of your posts). If you run randoms then be prepared for the worse and hope for the best, this means: carry extra pots, make sure your're well equipped, have the correct pet with you on, etc.

Dragonik
12-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Sorry but this is a pointless post. I run random jarl all the time and almost never die. Pulling mobs from bridge doesn't matter because once they reachacertain point they reset..so obviously if you aren't standing right on the other side of the bridge it isn't a problem.

Raxin
12-31-2012, 03:56 PM
I run straight to jarl then backtrack to the mobs on right. I can tank that group with jarl inc and I built war dps focus so less geared/agile zerker barbs should really be fine.

drgrimmy
12-31-2012, 08:01 PM
yh good rules dude. i usually follow these. if one dies one shouldnt respawn. coz he will bring mobs from bridge :-P

If you run all the way up to the house where the mob in front of jarl is, thes guys from the bridge
reset. Same goes for if someone drags them to you and you happen to get aggro from them. Run to
that house to reset them. Easy fix :)

Energizeric
12-31-2012, 09:28 PM
It doesn't work guys. A couple of the mobs from the bridge have a bow and they will come right to the end of the bridge, stop there and start shooting. I can be standing right in front of where Jarl is and they hit me from behind, and I'm dead instantly before I even saw it coming.

Yes, I can take the advise and not run with random groups. The result will be just a few Jarl runs per week as I have only had the opportunity to join a group that I know once every few days. Most of the time I play none of my good friends are online. In order for farming the elite dungeons to pay off, you have to put in a lot of time and gather a ton of chests. The only way I can get that done is to join random groups. So I came up with method of dealing with that. Yes, it means I leave quite a few games. But I can still get some done, which is better than standing around in town a few hours waiting for my buddies to all sign on at the same time.

Lesmiserables
12-31-2012, 09:52 PM
They prolly loves you so much , it do work tho if those guys from the bridge chase you too far they will reset when u reach jarl , and those mobs with bow wont chase u that far only those spear guys . And a mage with ice really helps to group them for easier killing .
It doesn't work guys. A couple of the mobs from the bridge have a bow and they will come right to the end of the bridge, stop there and start shooting. I can be standing right in front of where Jarl is and they hit me from behind, and I'm dead instantly before I even saw it coming.

Yes, I can take the advise and not run with random groups. The result will be just a few Jarl runs per week as I have only had the opportunity to join a group that I know once every few days. Most of the time I play none of my good friends are online. In order for farming the elite dungeons to pay off, you have to put in a lot of time and gather a ton of chests. The only way I can get that done is to join random groups. So I came up with method of dealing with that. Yes, it means I leave quite a few games. But I can still get some done, which is better than standing around in town a few hours waiting for my buddies to all sign on at the same time.

primaeva
01-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Hmmm, but being a sorcerer, you're actually also the only one who can save the group in style. :) Ice and Fireball stun those extra mobs! :D

... but, why bother. xD

Energizeric
01-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Hmmm, but being a sorcerer, you're actually also the only one who can save the group in style. :) Ice and Fireball stun those extra mobs! :D

... but, why bother. xD

I guess the point of my "rules" is that once one of those rules is broken, they all start to get broken and the game ends up lost half the time. Better off to leave before you die, which follows most of the time anyway. Yes, sometimes a player just makes an error and otherwise the game is still going fine. But often times someone has no idea what they're doing and ends up messing everything up.

Funniest thing ever was joining a Jarl run last night to see the warrior start fighting the first mobs right near the beginning. Of course after about 10 seconds they killed him, then the other 2 players called him a noob and left. I was just standing there laughing.

TheWeps
01-02-2013, 02:46 AM
Yes, no warrior can keep aggro with me there. I hit too hard. My guild master Punish is one of the best warriors/tanks in the game, and I still pull aggro away from him on occasion on Jarl runs. But when I'm running with these random groups, I always pull aggro except on rare occasion when there is a really good rogue. I can handle pulling aggro from Jarl, What I cannot handle is mobs shooting their arrows at me from behind at the same time. Once I see the mobs coming from either direction, I'm out of there. Staying results in death most of the time.

If your sitting @ 1500+ health with 500+ armour you can pot tank the jarl pretty easily. (as a mage)

DataPunk
01-02-2013, 02:52 AM
True, when I'm bored i solo him lol.

TheHobbit
01-02-2013, 04:00 AM
True to his post, just today we (the author of this post and I) farmed elite Jarl, joining random parties. Unintentionally, the other guy disturbed the mobs behind the Jarl, i was watching Energizeric how he would react and true to his words, once his rules are broken, his nowhere to be found in the scene.

ShadowGunX
01-02-2013, 04:24 AM
If you run all the way up to the house where the mob in front of jarl is, thes guys from the bridge
reset. Same goes for if someone drags them to you and you happen to get aggro from them. Run to
that house to reset them. Easy fix :)

lol so u think its that easy?
most ppl mainly start to hit jarl by bringing near stones nd opposite to the house. nd while one drags mobs from bridges nd run to house then sme other ppl aggro them nd u kno wat happens :-)
nd as a result they dnt get reset. of there is warrior then ok.

Dragonik
01-02-2013, 04:34 AM
I agree...use more vowels.

Or solo jarl if it's a problem. 1:15 on my mage.

Flamberge
01-02-2013, 04:53 AM
If there is one thing that I hate is some dude leaving before the map is over. Adding some deaths won't kill u, occasionally when u hit a higher cap you will have even more deaths, I wonder what will happened to u by then.

DataPunk
01-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Also i thought about inviting the op to my party's but i find it a risk that he will leave at the first sign of trouble.

Flamberge
01-02-2013, 05:13 AM
For a warrior like me, tanking and wasting pot for the likes of u is what I called a waste. Leaving a map because there is somebody is against your rules is what I called egoistic. So what about the other 2 people? Oh wait, you only care about your death counts. You should start to think about other people in your team, instead of keep leaving. For me I better meet some noob then a leaver.

Skidmarkz
01-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Seems to me you need to play smarter instead of leaving an unfinished run. When one leaves other leaves leaving me, a mage, to finish jarl by myself which is pretty easy. You're a mage with a matchstick, learn to use ice and fireball correctly and stop worrying about deaths its a game.

Energizeric
01-02-2013, 12:20 PM
If your sitting @ 1500+ health with 500+ armour you can pot tank the jarl pretty easily. (as a mage)

Yes, I can tank/kite jarl no problem. The mobs behind him actually hit way harder than he does. At most he hits me for about 25% of my health each time. The mobs behind him can take more than 50% of my health with one hit. 2 hits back-to-back by them and I'm instantly dead.

Also, one of the guys from the bridge never resets. He's not one with the spear, but instead he has a bow. He only follows when someone goes too close to the other side of the bridge near the last set of barrels. Once he starts following it doesn't matter what happens but he will not turn around and go back. Instead he camps out by the edge of the bridge and the area where jarl is, and just keeps shooting players, and he hits way harder than jarl. If I notice him there I can go and freeze him and then kill him with about 7 or 8 hits. But if I don't see him coming he will kill me easily.

As far as me causing problems for the group by leaving, it's no more problem for them than if I died, so doesn't really make a difference either way. And I noticed a while ago that I never die once on a jarl run, unless I leave after being killed once. If I stay, I will die multiple times, because once something is upset to cause me to die, it will just keep happening over and over. For such a low potential reward, it's not worth dying while doing Jarl runs.

If I want to risk deaths, I'll do runs in the Elite Grounds or Tower. At least the reward possibilities are much better.

BTW, I understand that everyone makes mistakes, and if I'm running with a group that I'm familiar with, then I don't leave. But it's different when I run with folks who have no idea what they're doing.

KillaSkillz
01-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Here's a secret, I am pretty darn sure, regardless of class or aggro skills, the mobs/bosses headhunt the highest level player as soon as they attack.
The higher level player automatically draws the aggro.

When I was L20 and running with L21 no matter what I could not hold aggro with my warrior. Now that I am L21 with the others I can get them all ob me no problem.

I think you are too picky with Jarl. My warrior mid 100s- mid 200s and crits up to 650 and I only die if I forget to hit a health potion, or was too cheap to stock up just in case. Besides, Jarl drops are old hat. I don't get anything good from the chests he drops and the pets are everywhere.
Tower runs are where its at now :)

Delirium
01-02-2013, 03:56 PM
I've never had an issue with a player dying and then pulling the mobs from the bridge on the way back.. they just reset again, and if a couple of them don't, you just kill them and add 10 seconds to your run. Big deal. Same thing with the mobs behind Jarl. As for pulling Jarl before done with the trash mob, that often results in faster runs.. why would you leave over something like that?

People leaving once an elite Jarl run has started is FAR more annoying than any of those other problems you mentioned. Please don't encourage players to do that.. not because it becomes harder, but because if one person leaves, the sheeple tend to follow suit and then everyone else leaves.

Asahetek
01-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Dont really care about k/d ratio, though it is annoying when someone brings the mobs over either help contain it, or just continue tanking it while others clean up the mess.

As for public runs or non publics runs i can steal agro easily which usually ends up with me tanking and keeping agro and not letting party die.

smeagolette
01-02-2013, 09:50 PM
If the other players create a mess I either stand back and let them commit suicide, then solo..or I help kill the mobs while they concentrate on jarl. I won't waste time jumping out of the game just to get back in another with beginners.

Ndlicious
01-03-2013, 12:35 AM
IMHO, it's still forgivable if its unintentional. I hated it most when the Dpsers literally mass aggro intentionally thinking that party are as well geared as they are, cause the party to wipe and the culprit res to only port out... The prettier their gear is, the harder I laugh TBH.

Too add, if everyone follows the golden rule to down mobs before boss, its hard even for a slightly below averagely geared party to fail Elite Jarl frankly.

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 02:59 AM
Why not zoidberg?maybe for a rogue or mage this may help but for a warrior nyaah