PDA

View Full Version : PVP. reduce dmg output, get longer fights.

Sillini
09-19-2010, 03:34 PM
I have always loved PVP in all the MMo i have played.
But to be honnest pvp here sux, there is no time for skills. its all about, find a combo, stop thinking, use it, winn or loose in 2 sec..
In my world a pvp fight should be about using buffs, debuffing, landing the right attacks, healing, and ending fights almost out of mana.

This here is a joke. fire 2 Comboes, and fight is over in 3 sec.

Try redusing dammage with 50% or something, and get some propper fights going, that takes a cupple of min.

I can winn fights, but there is just no thinking needed. find a combo/combination keep using it. To boring, make it a challange pls.

vulgarstrike
09-19-2010, 03:39 PM
instead of reducing damage, I'd like to see an increase of health.

Conradin
09-19-2010, 03:40 PM
good idea its way too fast of fghts

Royce
09-19-2010, 03:41 PM
They did a lot of tweaking to the damage in past months. This actually seemed to be the best middle ground. The problem with lower damage was that fights didn't just take longer they took forever. With lower damage, healing and health regen allow players to stay alive almost indefinitely. The main problem with damage now IMO is the crazy high Crit% players have, particularly when buffed. There definitely is work to be done on PvP, but I really don't think messing with the damage again is a good idea.

Edit:

instead of reducing damage, I'd like to see an increase of health.
This is a great idea. One of the fundamental issues with this game is the health mana system. Players start with a certain amount, and gain very little health (none if they don't build Str), and mana (none if they don't build Int) as they level. A level 1 archer has the same health and mana pool sizes as a level 45 who (like most archers) builds only Dex. Even with points in Str and Int, it would take, at minimum, 400 (80 levels of pure Str or Int) attribute points just to double your pool size from level 1. The whole health and mana system, as BMC frequently points out, needs to be revamped.

Raxie
09-19-2010, 03:55 PM
try playing a warrior. mages or archers usually lose or win in a matter of seconds but when you play a bear, the battles get much longer. i played toughie (he's a great warrior) in pvp using my paladin and we always had 1 minute battles.
increasing the hp will make dungeons less hard so then the devs will have to make the enemies hit harder.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-19-2010, 03:56 PM
I know!!!!

I definitely want an increase in health in pvp!! Like, ZOMG.

Royce
09-19-2010, 04:00 PM
increasing the hp will make dungeons less hard so then the devs will have to make the enemies hit harder.

Yes, a health/mana system overhaul would require a lot of changes to the game, but I think it would be worth it. Anyway, a topic for another thread I suppose...

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Yes, a health/mana system overhaul would require a lot of changes to the game, but I think it would be worth it. Anyway, a topic for another thread I suppose...

No, I am suggesting a rise in health ONLY for pvp, the health you still have stays the same in PvE.

Royce
09-19-2010, 05:14 PM
No, I am suggesting a rise in health ONLY for pvp, the health you still have stays the same in PvE.

Okay, but why when the game, in general, needs a health/mana overhaul? Plus, the more things you change just for PvP, the harder it becomes to make tweaks in the future. Everything should be uniform for PvE and PvP IMO. Every other game in the universe has a health/mana(or magic, etc.) system where you gain (usually considerably) as you level. Think about it, enemy damage keeps increasing (just like player damage in PvP), as we go up in levels, and armor and dodge can only go so far. Eventually a complete health and mana system revamp will be necessary.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Okay, but why when the game, in general, needs a health/mana overhaul? Plus, the more things you change just for PvP, the harder it becomes to make tweaks in the future. Everything should be uniform for PvE and PvP IMO. Every other game in the universe has a health/mana(or magic, etc.) system where you gain (usually considerably) as you level. Think about it, enemy damage keeps increasing (just like player damage in PvP), as we go up in levels, and armor and dodge can only go so far. Eventually a complete health and mana system revamp will be necessary.

Hmm....allright.

KingFu
09-19-2010, 07:18 PM
I like the way pvp is, I think when battles take longer, str will be overpowered. Pure tanks are strong enough, they can with stand a birdie nuke most of the time in 1v1. If you increase the health, they'll be overpowered, and I know archers and mages will have higher health too, but since str pull more damage, and they have break armor proc, and lances, they'll be overpowered, not to mention archers skills regen slower than other classes, making the archer rely on their nuke which since strong tanks can usually withstand leaves the damage being tone by the bow, which even with dodge debuffs will be difficult.