PDA

View Full Version : Dual Spec

Reggin
12-31-2012, 04:40 PM
I'd really like to see dual spec in AL. We got it in PL... it would make a lot of sense with the team oriented nature of AL. For example, on my warrior there is a very specific gear and skill setup I use for tanking elites.

However, for PvP or even running hauntlet the setup is absolutely terrible! I'd like to see a way to have spec and gear load outs like other STS games.

It makes sense for all classes as well for both PvP and PvE reasons. For a mage, might want a pure damage spec and a support spec when grouping with insane dps rogues.

Thoughts?

Wizard_Mike
12-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Duel spec would definitely be cool. Right now my "dual spec" is switching between my sword & shield and my two-hander, lol.

Dragonrider023
12-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Heheh, dual spec? :disturbed: huh?

catrinas
12-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Good idea.like it

Reggin
12-31-2012, 08:05 PM
I'd like to be able to use my four taunt build for pve tanking and have a damage build with no taunts for pvp or when I'm stuck with another warrior in a PUG

Energizeric
01-02-2013, 12:11 PM
AL has way more possibilities for different spec characters than does PL. Look at all the different versions of the end game gear, and look at the different skills we have to chose from. In PL every character of each class has the same 12 skills. In AL you have to choose only 4. As for gear, you have so many different ones to choose from.

For example, as a mage, the end-game "demonlord" gear comes in "of security" (max damage/armor), "of will" (max health points/armor, i.e. good for tanking), "of savvy" (max dodge/crit), etc. That together with the passives allows me to spec my mage in so many different ways. The same goes for the other classes.

razerfingers
01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Never gonna happen. Maybe ask for loadouts yes but dual specing like people do in PL is because there isnt class specific gear and sometimes one class gear dominates over the other or looks hell of a lot cooler than lets say a wand on a mage that looks terrible compared to some sword on a mage.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Wizard_Mike
01-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Now that PvP is in, I think it's a prime time to bring up the topic of having dual specs again.

As a warrior, having a bunch of taunt skills is a waste in PvP, so I need to respec for something that actually works in PvP. But in PvE, I need those taunt skills. I can't bring myself to play either mode with a build that doesn't work very well. That's just not fair to the team. So if I want to play both aspects of the game, I need to spend 5 plat to switch each time.

I haven't even tried PvP yet because my current PvE tanking build would be horrible for it.

A dual spec setup seems absolutely necessary, from my perspective.

Energizeric
01-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Now that PvP is in, I think it's a prime time to bring up the topic of having dual specs again.

As a warrior, having a bunch of taunt skills is a waste in PvP, so I need to respec for something that actually works in PvP. But in PvE, I need those taunt skills. I can't bring myself to play either mode with a build that doesn't work very well. That's just not fair to the team. So if I want to play both aspects of the game, I need to spend 5 plat to switch each time.

I haven't even tried PvP yet because my current PvE tanking build would be horrible for it.

A dual spec setup seems absolutely necessary, from my perspective.

I wouldn't be so sure. In PL the taunt skill works wonders in PvP. Even though in PvE it is used to get aggro, in PvP it boosts your dodge a ton making you very hard to hit. I wouldn't be surprised if taunt skills are useful in some way in PvP.

Wizard_Mike
01-19-2013, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. In PL the taunt skill works wonders in PvP. Even though in PvE it is used to get aggro, in PvP it boosts your dodge a ton making you very hard to hit. I wouldn't be surprised if taunt skills are useful in some way in PvP.

Hmm, that's interesting. I never played PL enough to get very far, so not familiar with it.

I don't see any indication of that in this game, though. Take Horn of Renew, for example. One of the upgrades adds a taunt to it if it's charged. It doesn't mention anything about adding dodge rate in PvP or anything. That would definitely be sweet, though.