PDA

View Full Version : Need a developers input

Rushorgtfo
12-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Would just like a conformation wether or not pl Pvp is getting fixed ? So I can delete the app off my phone. Just imagine killing someone in wow Pvp with 1 skill? Every class every time. Or here's a better way to put it. Call of duty. in a square nothing to hide behind. Always on hardcore one shot death. And you spawn Next to eachother. Yes it's just like that. So just need a Devs input will It be fixed? If not i call it quits forevvvva ^.^

Mage till the end
01-01-2013, 12:32 AM
For once you make a very compelling argument. Pvp as been skrewed over but cirt and dodge. The classes need to be balanced. Right now however it seems as if birds have the upper hand. At least on mages.

My idea would to make class specific gear, and increase the health and mana pool. This would pervent Pallys, and warbirds. If you could no longer have a pally than at the very least Mage vs Mage would be fixed.

Bears and birds would not be affected to bad. Birds are usually pure, and pvp bears use scyth sets.

Don't even get me started on rhinos and foxes. They are incredibly underpowered to the extent of why pvp with them? I mean at lower levels 1-19 forget it. I found a lvl 10 rhino can be good in ctf but nothing else. They have to compete with bears with iron blood and rage. Buffs are really bad for these two in lower levels.

This is all based on my analysis, which may not be correct. I do not have a lvl 75 -76 rhino/fox so I can not say for certain, but my conclusion came from the fact I can beat a pure fox with ease. And a beastly rhino without a huge hit to my health

Mtte

Rushorgtfo
01-01-2013, 12:41 AM
I have a lv 70 rhino and tried Pvp every 5 levels I gained. They suck. New classes don't count there so bad there just out of the picture. But Pvp in general damadge needs to be cut by 75% base damadge and skill damadge for all classes. And hit% needs to cut and dodge.

People's idea of lowering dodge will solve everything are incompetent dumb ***'s. why lower dodge so end game players 1 hit each-other even quicker ? Excuse my French. A developers input is very much needed, happy New Years.

Aqp (A Quarter Pounder)
01-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Just wait until next cap, this one will never be fixed.

Rushorgtfo
01-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Just wait until next cap, this one will never be fixed.

That's what I said during Nuri, 3 caps later still no fix.

Aqp (A Quarter Pounder)
01-01-2013, 12:49 AM
That's what I said during Nuri, 3 caps later still no fix.
I thought fang, and humania caps were legit.

Deadbite
01-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Dodge mages galore... But pallys were fewer which was nice.

Waug
01-01-2013, 01:21 AM
When or where the PvP was/is fairly balanced?

Perhaps the answer would be extremly few cases among more than hundred possible cases?. Ahhh

Mage till the end
01-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Dodge mages galore... But pallys were fewer which was nice.
Dodge Mage? You mean angel?

Deadbite
01-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Yes angel was a dodge set to but the other int 70 crafted set had a good amount of dodge to...

Mage till the end
01-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Yes angel was a dodge set to but the other int 70 crafted set had a good amount of dodge to...
If your talking about sand wand set I'm not sure I see what you mean. The only high dodge sets were angel sets and crusher set.

Noodleleg
01-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Might as well make a Search and Destroy for PL then :)

XghostzX
01-01-2013, 03:08 PM

Lol like that's going to happen ;)

cookiez
01-01-2013, 03:32 PM

That would be so dope! Sts needs to make a new pvp mode

Noodleleg
01-01-2013, 03:35 PM
On the other hand... Why not headquarters XD?

Rushorgtfo
01-01-2013, 04:09 PM
That would be so dope! Sts needs to make a new pvp mode

Fix Pvp first*

Justg
01-01-2013, 04:24 PM
We'll be implementing a brand-spanking new PvP system for AL next, and it will migrate over to PL soon afterwards.

Would just like a conformation wether or not pl Pvp is getting fixed ? So I can delete the app off my phone. Just imagine killing someone in wow Pvp with 1 skill? Every class every time. Or here's a better way to put it. Call of duty. in a square nothing to hide behind. Always on hardcore one shot death. And you spawn Next to eachother. Yes it's just like that. So just need a Devs input will It be fixed? If not i call it quits forevvvva ^.^

This is a bit like stomping your feet and holding your breath. We've had better communication from you before, I know you can do it again!

Rushorgtfo
01-01-2013, 04:29 PM
We'll be implementing a brand-spanking new PvP system for AL next, and it will migrate over to PL soon afterwards.

This is a bit like stomping your feet and holding your breath. We've had better communication from you before, I know you can do it again!

Sounds fantastic, just what I needed thanks Gary.

Dragonrider023
01-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Yuh don't compare PL from CoD!

Gaunab
01-01-2013, 04:37 PM

Ever read this (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42435-Towards-the-perfect-equipment-a-commentary-and-observations-from-the-past)?? Most insightful thread on gear/class balance ever.

Armor hasnt scaled with the increasing damage and crit leading to two-hit kills everywhere. That and the high dodge stats unbalance PvP. It wont be an easy fix, gear as well as the skills (lv9 evade is just too much dodge) need to be nerfed.

Puddleglumm
01-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Get rid of forgotten bows!

Mage till the end
01-01-2013, 10:18 PM

I think I misinterpreted you but you mean that the current pvp will go away? I don't think that is what we asked for. We just wanted a rebalancing to the classes. This might be what you mean. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't want to have to learn a whole new pvp system. Why not just fix the old?

XghostzX
01-01-2013, 11:57 PM

This is a bit like stomping your feet and holding your breath. We've had better communication from you before, I know you can do it again!i

Thanks, I'm tired of being one-shot by a bird.

Rushorgtfo
01-02-2013, 12:08 AM
i

600 blast shot + 200% with only 500 HP is not unbalanced what u talking bout?

MightyMicah
01-02-2013, 12:09 AM
i

Don't worry, ghost, I'm sure with the new system you won't just get one-shot by birds. You'll get one-shot by birds, bears, and foxes. :D But don't worry! You'll be able to one-shot them also.

That makes pvp balanced and fair ^

angeldawn
01-02-2013, 02:05 AM
I think I misinterpreted you but you mean that the current pvp will go away? I don't think that is what we asked for. We just wanted a rebalancing to the classes. This might be what you mean. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't want to have to learn a whole new pvp system. Why not just fix the old?

I interpreted it the same way :-(
This scares me!

Rebalancing PVP and implementing a new PVP system are two different things. If they change it too much it's gonna make the pvp complaining worse and noone will play....ppl hate change, no matter how much they beg for it.

XghostzX
01-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Don't worry, ghost, I'm sure with the new system you won't just get one-shot by birds. You'll get one-shot by birds, bears, and foxes. :D But don't worry! You'll be able to one-shot them also.

That makes pvp balanced and fair ^

Well, whoopdy-doo :P

Waug
01-02-2013, 10:09 AM

before that -
Pl's pvp is classy nobody quit pl to play other sts game's pvp rather peoples returned to pl only cuz of pvp. There are many peoples including myself who would quit pl year ago without pl pvp.

So if you Devs can't maintain it's own standard get away from pl pvp. But yes seriously we needed modification ages ago.

Cahaun
01-02-2013, 11:33 AM

before that -
PL's PvP is classy. Nobody quits PL to play any other STS game's PvP. People returned to PL only because of pvp. There are a lot of people, including myself, who would quit PL a year ago if were not for PL PvP.

If you can't maintain the game's own PvP standards, get away from PL PvP. We needed a modification ages ago.
PL PvP < DL PvP < Every other PvP < Battlefield 3 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 PvP

I'd quit PL Pvp for DL PvP anytime. I actually already did. DL PvP seems a lot better than PL PvP to me. Probably because it's more balanced and people aren't so sensitive to rushing.
Then again, Battlefield 3 PvP takes the entire cake for me. The multiplayer is more balanced and intriguing than PL ever was to me.
I also wanted to comment on your last paragraph because it was kinda funny. You tell the devs to not touch the already broken PvP while they are trying to fix it, and then you turn around and talk about the PvP needing a modification.

Oskitopee
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM

Anyone else excited after reading this? New PvP...

Cahaun
01-02-2013, 12:08 PM

I am... Sort of. I'm glad they are going to be working on improving the game's PvP, but I'm still not into PL as I used to be. There are other people who obviously don't like the idea of PvP actually getting improved for some reason and rather stay inside the broken PvP they have currently.

Waug
01-02-2013, 12:12 PM
it was kinda funny.

yay, it was meant to be funny.

G.O. We fought for rebalance. Hehe

Cahaun
01-02-2013, 01:02 PM
it was kinda funny.

yay, it was meant to be funny.

G.O. We fought for rebalance. Hehe
You did a good job at making that joke. It was soo plain, I didn't recognize it :)
Can I ask what G.O. means? I'm not too good at abbreviations.

Chickenrunnn
01-03-2013, 07:57 PM
I keep getting headshotted by any class.

It is becoming really boring..710 by a staff mage, 604 from a swift bird, 496 from bear savage.

Bear buffed reachs the 92 dodge, Birds nearly 500 damage.

Now, one question,
Do you think it is fair for a lvl75 to fight players with :

- Elite ring. (3 pieces + black dragon set = 3 str, 3 dex, 3 int, 5 dodge, 2 hit, 67HP!!, 1hp/s, 10 mana, 1M/s 10 damage, 10 armor)
- Founder helm : 5 damage 10 armor!
- Op phoenix bow !! (comparated to the crafted swift bow, it adds 3 critical, 1 dodge, 10 damage, 12 dps, 20 armor!!!!!!)
- 5 class point + 1 skill point

During last cap, Elite sea bow was only adding 2 damage, 2 dps comparated to the crafted phantom bow.. Why such a BIG DIFFERENCE??

Now, "elite" players, with "elite" gear, using those 3 things can be having an ENORMOUS advantage comparated to the players who don't have any of them.

Why don't you do anything about that? Why don't you disable/lower vanities overpower in PvP CtF which should be based on skils of the player, and not based on the extra "elite" gear he is wearing.

Look in sewer times, everything was fine, and players were having good kdr, according to their skills, and not to their great extra gears. :(.. And all was fine.

I hope my voice will be heard, and please, don't say I tell this because I don't have any of those. It is a fact, vanities are extremly advantageous in PvP/CtF.

Rushorgtfo
01-03-2013, 08:06 PM

It is becoming really boring..710 by a staff mage, 604 from a swift bird, 496 from bear savage.

Now, one question,

- Elite ring. (3 pieces + black dragon set = 3 str, 3 dex, 3 int, 5 dodge, 2 hit, 67HP!!, 1hp/s, 10 mana, 1M/s 10 damage, 10 armor)
- Op phoenix bow !! (comparated to the crafted swift bow, it adds 3 critical, 1 dodge, 10 damage, 12 dps, 20 armor!!!!!!)

During last cap, Elite sea bow was only adding 2 damage, 2 dps comparated to the crafted phantom bow.. Why such a BIG DIFFERENCE??

Now, "elite" players, with "elite" gear, using those 3 things can be having an ENORMOUS advantage comparated to the players who don't have any of them.

Why don't you do anything about that? Why don't you disable/lower vanities overpower in PvP CtF which should be based on skils of the player, and not based on the extra "elite" gear he is wearing.

Look in sewer times, everything was fine, and players were having good kdr, according to their skills, and not to their great extra gears. :(.. And all was fine.

I hope my voice will be heard, and please, don't say I tell this because I don't have any of those. It is a fact, vanities are extremly advantageous in PvP/CtF.

The way end game Pvp is currently, yes gear can make a big difference but Pvp being completely flawed and unbalanced is really what contributes to this.

MightyMicah
01-03-2013, 08:28 PM

No.

;)

Noodleleg
01-03-2013, 08:55 PM
I have an idea... Keep all your vanities, rings, dragon, etc... However, campaign rollback :p? Nothing above balefort sewers. All gear earned after balefort sewers becomes stat-less. Yes, a bit damaging to the economy, but would bring pvp and pve back to its prime. XD

-My 200 cents.

Oskitopee
01-03-2013, 09:46 PM

Now, one question,

Doesn't sts make good money off of this? I mean, a dragon pet is like 200 or so plat and u need that pet to get the elite ring, right? I mean, taking that out would make ppl not buy dragon pets, thus hurting sts. The game is turning into pay to win, pretty much. :(

XghostzX
01-03-2013, 09:58 PM
I have an idea... Keep all your vanities, rings, dragon, etc... However, campaign rollback :p? Nothing above balefort sewers. All gear earned after balefort sewers becomes stat-less. Yes, a bit damaging to the economy, but would bring pvp and pve back to its prime. XD

-My 200 cents.

Omg that would be sick. New campaigns, but everything would just be balanced. Genious. +1

Oskitopee
01-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Two ideas that I thought up:
1. Giving us double or even triple hp so PvP fights last longer. Rushers/ppl who sneak from behind won't always kill, then, and PvP would be a little better.
2. Making a guild that takes everyone back to these so called "sewer days" (I wasn't around, but it sounds cool :)) The guild's members PvP with each other without fb's or anything that wasn't around in "sewer days", and can't use nuri's or above.

Loaden
01-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Make lower pvp <55 Lesser usage of Forgotten weapons.
Forgotten weapons destroyed pvp. It has destroyed the market.
PvP=Forg Weapons.
PvP= 5 Hit deaths.
I agree with noodle. Go back to Balefort Sewers or better yet, back when there were only AO3.
Restart PL.

GrammerPatrol
01-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Noo keep forg bows or birds would have to go back to being warbirds because because the other bows arent strong enough. I like to be able to use a bow without getting slaighterd by a mage or bear. Or devs can boost the damage of the other bows to where they arent underpowered in level 35 pvp

Chickenrunnn
01-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Doesn't sts make good money off of this? I mean, a dragon pet is like 200 or so plat and u need that pet to get the elite ring, right? I mean, taking that out would make ppl not buy dragon pets, thus hurting sts. The game is turning into pay to win, pretty much. :(

They would buy it, to be good in pve.. ^^..

Couldn't they just lower the stats? seriously :(

1. Giving us double or even triple hp so PvP fights last longer.

Good luck to kill savage bears :p

MightyMicah
01-04-2013, 10:59 AM

-My 200 cents.

This is awesome but, uh, how about sts just gets their act together and balances pvp? I mean seriously? It's not THAT hard to balance pvp. Every other game I've played is more balanced than PL. Shoot, I could do better than sts is doing.

blah0129
01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Too much crying

XghostzX
01-04-2013, 01:58 PM
This is awesome but, uh, how about sts just gets their act together and balances pvp? I mean seriously? It's not THAT hard to balance pvp. Every other game I've played is more balanced than PL. Shoot, I could do better than sts is doing.

It's hard, dude. Especially in STS's position, since they don't actually play the game enough (focused on other work/life/family/etc.), they can't judge whether which stats to balance. That's why IMO, if some intelligent players had the opportunity to actually fix the stats, that would be awesome... I mean after all, the players know what needs to be fixed.

Spectre
01-04-2013, 02:07 PM
After taking break from playing PL, I came back and got confused of what happened to PvP.

Birds now rule everything, bears are sofluffy...

I don't know what about mages, but I played 2 different classes past days and I can say that PvP is just hella unbalanced. Birds kill each other one shot, bears with their 378 armor and 92 dodge dying three hits without dodging anything. When u trying to beckon bird you always fails cuz beckon almost never works - they just dodge. I just can agree with rush and all others who make threads about unbalanced PvP these days.

Back to 56 cap it was most balanced PvP ever, and if sts balance all sets it would be great. It's just pointless to play PvP now if you are not 76 level bird with all vanities and Phoenix bow...

Noodleleg
01-04-2013, 03:46 PM
I think the developers need to start looking for decent PvPers and round them up... And have a private forum section where we debate about rebalancing, which stats should be bumped up, nerfed, etc. I'd gladly take the title "Pvp-ers of Alterra" xD!

Oskitopee
01-04-2013, 04:49 PM
]They would buy it, to be good in pve.. ^^...

Couldn't they just lower the stats? seriously :(

There would be less of an incentive to buy a dragon pet if the stats were lowered, tho. Think about it from sts point of view. Pay to win=more money for sts.

Oskitopee
01-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I think the developers need to start looking for decent PvPers and round them up... And have a private forum section where we debate about rebalancing, which stats should be bumped up, nerfed, etc. I'd gladly take the title "Pvp-ers of Alterra" xD!

Good idea!

MightyMicah
01-04-2013, 05:51 PM
It's hard, dude. Especially in STS's position, since they don't actually play the game enough (focused on other work/life/family/etc.), they can't judge whether which stats to balance. That's why IMO, if some intelligent players had the opportunity to actually fix the stats, that would be awesome... I mean after all, the players know what needs to be fixed.

You know I love all of the developers as people (they're freaking awesome!), but as developers, not so much. If they can't balance a game, they shouldn't make a game. I'm not saying this out of my own selfishness, either. I understand the situation. I say this because I know that other, more serious gamers will not be pleased with an unbalanced game and move on.

It amazes me that STS thinks they can keep releasing new games and letting the old ones go to pot. If they would just focus on one game and make it amazing, they'd have all the appreciation and money that they need. Instead they keep releasing new games which are bound to suffer the same fate as Pocket Legends in the end.

Anyways, I think you may be right about the players helping out. The only problem is that they gotta get someone they trust. If the person is biased toward a certain class or whatever, then it's gonna be obvious real quick in game. I honestly, though, think you have the solution, Ghost. Either that or they need to spend more time in game, themselves.

Rushorgtfo
01-04-2013, 08:30 PM

Ya everyone with 30,000 or more Pvp kills. So all you twink noobs stop crying about forgotten bows. There 100 k for god sake stop crying and buy one. And so noobs who think there good don't get in^.^

Noodleleg
01-04-2013, 11:22 PM
You know I love all of the developers as people (they're freaking awesome!), but as developers, not so much. If they can't balance a game, they shouldn't make a game. I'm not saying this out of my own selfishness, either. I understand the situation. I say this because I know that other, more serious gamers will not be pleased with an unbalanced game and move on.

It amazes me that STS thinks they can keep releasing new games and letting the old ones go to pot. If they would just focus on one game and make it amazing, they'd have all the appreciation and money that they need. Instead they keep releasing new games which are bound to suffer the same fate as Pocket Legends in the end.

Anyways, I think you may be right about the players helping out. The only problem is that they gotta get someone they trust. If the person is biased toward a certain class or whatever, then it's gonna be obvious real quick in game. I honestly, though, think you have the solution, Ghost. Either that or they need to spend more time in game, themselves.

Techno tried that... Didn't last long.

XghostzX
01-04-2013, 11:35 PM

@Waldo - Lmfao.

@micah and Steven - I completely agree with both of you guys. It's really unfortunate that STS didn't know what was coming to them when putting the time into this game. I wish they would stop focusing on creating new campaigns and focus on new things...

Honestly, aside from just PvP, I wish they could make new things. People put really cool suggestions up for feedback, and I hate the typical excuse, "STS doesn't have enough 'space' for it." I honestly think that's a conspiracy - this goes along with STS always reusing the same junk items. Ah man, I could go so much further into my thoughts about junk items (useless space). We're talking about incredible technology, there's always room for more content and new things... technology is growing at an extremely fast rate.

In a way, it sounds as if I'm criticizing STS of being lazy. Of course they're not lazy - they're great people. It's definitely fair to say that they aren't handling the obstacles that are in their way properly. They didn't expect what was ahead of them, and if that's so, I sure wouldn't expect them to be able to handle a bunch of whining players like us. Let's be honest - at this point, we've given plenty of feedback, and I feel as if we're complaining. I think STS is aware of what's going on, but have yet to do anything about it.

At the least, I think it's fair that they tell us what their plans are for the future.

Rushorgtfo
01-04-2013, 11:42 PM
@Waldo - Lmfao.

@micah and Steven - I completely agree with both of you guys. It's really unfortunate that STS didn't know what was coming to them when putting the time into this game. I wish they would stop focusing on creating new campaigns and focus on new things...

Honestly, aside from just PvP, I wish they could make new things. People put really cool suggestions up for feedback, and I hate the typical excuse, "STS doesn't have enough 'space' for it." I honestly think that's a conspiracy - this goes along with STS always reusing the same junk items. Ah man, I could go so much further into my thoughts about junk items (useless space). We're talking about incredible technology, there's always room for more content and new things... technology is growing at an extremely fast rate.

In a way, it sounds as if I'm criticizing STS of being lazy. Of course they're not lazy - they're great people. It's definitely fair to say that they aren't handling the obstacles that are in their way properly. They didn't expect what was ahead of them, and if that's so, I sure wouldn't expect them to be able to handle a bunch of whining players like us. Let's be honest - at this point, we've given plenty of feedback, and I feel as if we're complaining. I think STS is aware of what's going on, but have yet to do anything about it.

They really say they don't have enough space? Lol....the server they use is what developers use to make Xbox games ...

XghostzX
01-04-2013, 11:47 PM
They really say they don't have enough space? Lol....the server they use is what developers use to make Xbox games ...

That's what they used to say from back then... I could be wrong, but you'd think if they did have a ton of space, they'd be making new types of gear, types of PvP, etc.

Waug
01-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Lol, it's not all about sts's server or their capabilities but player's devices are also an limitation, this meant to be basically a phone or touch pad device game even many rich players play the game through high end device, there are great number of players who can not do it, this is an internation game also which implies that, after all everyone is not from well developed country like U.S.

Rushorgtfo
01-05-2013, 01:44 AM
Lol, it's not all about sts's server or their capabilities but player's devices are also an limitation, this meant to be basically a phone or touch pad device game even many rich players play the game through high end device, there are great number of players who can not do it, this is an internation game also which implies that, after all everyone is not from well developed country like U.S.

Sts kinda already cut out most devices not to long ago anyways. This might've been a valid point 5 months ago. But it's not now. Sorry.

MightyMicah
01-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Sts kinda already cut out most devices not to long ago anyways. This might've been a valid point 5 months ago. But it's not now. Sorry.

Actually, he has a very valid reason.

However, when I can play games like Six Guns, Order and Chaos, N.O.V.A 3, Modern Combat 4, their excuses do tend to look a bit...well, like excuses.

XghostzX
01-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Actually, he has a very valid reason.

However, when I can play games like Six Guns, Order and Chaos, N.O.V.A 3, Modern Combat 4, their excuses do tend to look a bit...well, like excuses.

Order and Chaos gave it away for me.

Reunegade
01-05-2013, 10:58 AM
It was much simpler back in the sewer days. Each class was superior at something. It was sort of like this:
Bears:
Pros:
Good dodge
Good HP
Good armor
Low skill cost
Cons:
Low damage
Low hit (considering you went pure str)

Birds:
Pros:
Good dmg
Good DPS
Good hit

Cons:
Low HP
Low Mana
High skill cost

Mage:
Pros:
High crit
High mana
Somewhat good hit

Cons:
Low HP
Low Dodge

Now, it's sort of like this:

Bears:
-Dodges everything
-INSANELY high DMG (w/ scythe set)
-INSANE HP
-INSANE armor

Birds:
-OHKO
(nuff' said...)
-Two hits against mage w/ MS and their gone

Mages:
-One crit drain, over 1k DMG. (considering you're pure int, but most mages are pallies nowadays)
-One blast shot from bird, mage go bye bye (considering that you haven't put up MS yet)

-Also through experience, pallies are quite popular due to the high damage given from the scythe set. Although you might think that birds use scythe set also, their bows can do 1/3 of a mages health.

-Mages seem to be locked in choices because if you don't MS, a bird can OHKO you with a blast, and if you do MS, once the bird drains your mana, you have nothing to do except to auto. It is bad for pallies because they usually have to get close to auto, but then birds can just repulse you away.

-With 9 as the maximum level of skill points, a birds evade can bring their dodge WAY up.

-A bear most likely will not win against a bird because the bird can just 2-shot KO.

Again, this is from experience, so correct me if I am wrong.

XghostzX
01-05-2013, 12:17 PM
It was much simpler back in the sewer days. Each class was superior at something. It was sort of like this:
Bears:
Pros:
Good dodge
Good HP
Good armor
Low skill cost
Cons:
Low damage

Birds:
Pros:
Good dmg
Good DPS
Good hit

Cons:
Low HP
Low Mana
High skill cost

Mage:
Pros:
High crit
High mana
Somewhat good hit

Cons:
Low HP
Low Dodge

Bears:
-Dodges everything
-INSANE HP
-INSANE armor

Birds:
-OHKO
(nuff' said...)

Mages:
-One crit drain, over 1k DMG. (considering you're pure int, but most mages are pallies nowadays)
-One blast shot from bird, mage go bye bye (considering that you haven't put up MS yet)

-Also through experience, pallies are quite popular due to the high damage given from the scythe set. Although you might think that birds use scythe set also, their bows can do 1/3 of a mages health.

-Mages seem to be locked in choices because if you don't MS, a bird can OHKO you with a blast, and if you do MS, once the bird drains your mana, you have nothing to do except to auto. It is bad for pallies because they usually have to get close to auto, but then birds can just repulse you away.

-With 9 as the maximum level of skill points, a birds evade can bring their dodge WAY up.

-A bear most likely will not win against a bird because the bird can just 2-shot KO.

Spot on :)

MightyMicah
01-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Reun- I won't quote you like Ghost nub did, (jk ofc ;))

But this is exactly why I'm not extremely active end-game. I level a character up and participate if I hear it's balanced. Haven't heard it was balanced since briefly in Humania with the Angel sets.

Twinking ftw ;)

Oskitopee
01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
i agree with some of the other posts in this thread.
Pro PvPer's who have proven their worth should be able to meet the devs in game once a week and discuss possible areas that can be balanced. There would have to be 3 or 4 members from each endgame class representing at meetings to avoid bias and unruliness. They would be able to improve the game much more and make this game a lot better. Stats could be re balanced. I'm not taking credit for this idea as others brought it up in the thread, i'm just putting my 2 cents in.
By meetings i mean online, not in person. :)

Azataso
01-05-2013, 04:15 PM

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70041-Keeping-Pace-with-Technology-%96-Updates-to-the-Spacetime-Engine

read that :D

Rushorgtfo
01-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Bears:
Pros:
Good dodge
Good HP
Good armor
Low skill cost
Cons:
Low damage

Birds:
Pros:
Good dmg
Good DPS
Good hit

Cons:
Low HP
Low Mana
High skill cost

Mage:
Pros:
High crit
High mana
Somewhat good hit

Cons:
Low HP
Low Dodge

Bears:
-Dodges everything
-INSANE HP
-INSANE armor

Birds:
-OHKO
(nuff' said...)

Mages:

No sewer sucked to. PVP was GOOD when birds mastered in dodge crit hit an damdge. The dodge was taken away fr birds and Pvp sucked. Bears had the same as birds but instead of damadge and hit and crit it had more health armor and dodge. Mage had a fat head and had a little of everything NOT TO MUCH OF EVERYTHING with higher
Mana and skill damadge.

MightyMicah
01-05-2013, 06:46 PM
No sewer sucked to. PVP was GOOD when birds mastered in dodge crit hit an damdge. The dodge was taken away fr birds and Pvp sucked. Bears had the same as birds but instead of damadge and hit and crit it had more health armor and dodge. Mage had a fat head and had a little of everything NOT TO MUCH OF EVERYTHING with higher
Mana and skill damadge.

If you think sewers sucked then you're up a stick. Sewers was as balanced as any game will ever get. No class should have everything. Birds mages and bears had just enough of everything to make them successful.

Waug
01-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Sts kinda already cut out most devices not to long ago anyways. This might've been a valid point 5 months ago. But
it's not now. Sorryhttp://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70041-Keeping-Pace-with-Technology-%96-Updates-to-the-Spacetime-Engine

read that :D
Thnx aza

@op, If so, PL would be a deed city by now, oh let it be. who cares.

Rushorgtfo
01-06-2013, 02:39 AM
If you think sewers sucked then you're up a stick. Sewers was as balanced as any game will ever get. No class should have everything. Birds mages and bears had just enough of everything to make them successful.

50 cap was best. You prob weren't there or didn't Pvp than. So shut up.

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
01-06-2013, 05:42 PM

Lol ^

MightyMicah
01-06-2013, 11:05 PM

Lol. It's obvious just by your statement that you weren't even there at 50 cap.

Anyways, you avoided my statement. 55 was balanced. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Rushorgtfo
01-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Lol. It's obvious just by your statement that you weren't even there at 50 cap.

Anyways, you avoided my statement. 55 was balanced. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Lol if only you knew kid. I ruled 50 cap:) you know before you knew there was a pocket legends? Can't
Be "BALANCED" it's not a fact. You probably joined pl during FIFTY SIX cap not 55. Obviously by your knowledge of pl it's not worth my time arguing with a new player like
Yourself. Good day sir.

Duflie
01-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Lol if only you knew kid. I ruled 50 cap:) you know before you knew there was a pocket legends? Can't
Be "BALANCED" it's not a fact. You probably joined pl during FIFTY SIX cap not 55. Obviously by your knowledge of pl it's not worth my time arguing with a new player like
Yourself. Good day sir.

ooh damn, 426wt4672325

MightyMicah
01-07-2013, 07:24 AM
Yourself. Good day sir.

Ahem. Gcd made birds dominate. Gcd was not balanced. I'm aware it was 56 cap, but I just wanted to be clear with you that i meant sewer items just in case you weren't there at 56 cap either.

Btw, what do the words "Mynas Gen" mean to you?

Noodleleg
01-07-2013, 07:38 AM
Ahem. Gcd made birds dominate. Gcd was not balanced. I'm aware it was 56 cap, but I just wanted to be clear with you that i meant sewer items just in case you weren't there at 56 cap either.

Btw, what do the words "Mynas Gen" mean to you?

Mg=Parth

Riccits
01-07-2013, 08:00 AM
iam still the opinion pvp gear should be different than pve gear like in every other mmo....
here a piece from Wow with additional pvp stats: http://mop.wowhead.com/item=84832
recently i tried pvping in WoW with pve gear, it was a pretty nice fail, i didnt do any dmg and was weak like paper even i had equiped (good) pve stuff

and pvp stuff should be gained by pvping!

Ladylove
01-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Lol at Mynas Gen. Haven't heard that term in a long time, along with Droid Gen. Ohhh the power leveling in Alien Oasis that was so frowned upon. Personally, I think 40 and 45 caps were best... Of course, I'm a bit biased because that was my prime. Mage pally was the thing to be then. Not to mention, firestorm hadn't been nerfed yet, so we could just launch people across the map. Also, the leaderboards didn't come out till 45 I think, so pvp up until that release was much more fun. None of this kill boosting or competing for kills instead of just big fights where we played as a team. Now it's all about personal accomplishment and who is the "best."

I have not hit endgame pvp yet, but I agree that no one should have it all. There should be special pvp gear and each class should have the basic pros and cons that they used to.

MightyMicah
01-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Lol at Mynas Gen. Haven't heard that term in a long time, along with Droid Gen. Ohhh the power leveling in Alien Oasis that was so frowned upon. Personally, I think 40 and 45 caps were best... Of course, I'm a bit biased because that was my prime. Mage pally was the thing to be then. Not to mention, firestorm hadn't been nerfed yet, so we could just launch people across the map. Also, the leaderboards didn't come out till 45 I think, so pvp up until that release was much more fun. None of this kill boosting or competing for kills instead of just big fights where we played as a team. Now it's all about personal accomplishment and who is the "best."

I have not hit endgame pvp yet, but I agree that no one should have it all. There should be special pvp gear and each class should have the basic pros and cons that they used to.

This whole post of yours is baws. O.o FOR REAL!

Lol, I think that sts should drop the deaths. No deaths=no reason to 1v1 all the time. Most other mmo's don't count deaths either. Then, even an unbalanced game wouldn't be THAT unbalanced just as long as all classes can get a good amount of kills. You know?

shhhnfight
01-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Int set sucks. Eveyone knows. Devs aint fixing it. Still makes me mad. Low armer low dodge. Mages just melt by every class. Int set should be much better because im kind of sick of this when you cant even fight well

TEOKILLO
01-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I agree w/ rush, AOE mega blasters were the best at 50 cap