PDA

View Full Version : Color blind!!! Helpp!!

Bandit
04-24-2010, 08:36 AM
Em, probably one of the weirder threads, but Im color blind, in such a way that I find it excessively difficult to tell the difference between pink and blue drops - (or are they pink and purple? I honestly don't know). Im all good with the green vs orange, but it's annoying getting a [blueish color] drop and not knowing what it is in terms of rarity.
Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can tell? (apart from asking a family member everytime I get a drop lol) or could we have some kind of change in color scheme just for me?? :P

Arjun
04-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Umm maybe a numerical value indicator. Which is to say loot marked on a scale of (wht is it - gray, white, orange, green and pink) 1-5 ??

_ck
04-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Perhaps each color could have it's own symbol.. So when you select it and you see the stats in the box below the list there'll be a little icon to tell you it's this type of item.

Grey = none
White = ⦁
Orange = ◼
Green = ▲
Purple = ✚
Pink = ★

Banned
04-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Yeah I have the same issue. It's hard for me to tell them apart.

KronicDecay
04-24-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm in agreement with this thread

Shebee
04-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Just add the item quality in text when you select it.

Deathshock
04-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Like I said before, they should change the color pink to some sort of red. Not only will it be more easily distinguishable, but it's also more fitting.

Dizko
04-24-2010, 02:22 PM
With 12% of all males having some kind of colour blindness, SS may do well to address this issue.

Can't be too hard to fix.

Splurd
04-24-2010, 02:29 PM
um... look at the stats?

if I had a pink lvl 30 bow that did 10-12 damage, it wouldn't be worth equipping, even if it was pink and legendary and rare.

(unless it shot lightsabers or cupid arrows. Then I'd use it for the lol factor)

HectorCruz
04-27-2010, 01:38 AM
how about different fonts?

iSunx
11-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Hello

iSunx
11-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Fonts for words?

iSunx
11-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Or diffrent Fonts only?

Itoopeo
11-10-2014, 02:01 PM
It gives you notification when you get legendary. Just make sure you always press the "x" on the notification when it pops up or it wont come up next time

TerryDarc
01-16-2015, 09:51 AM
It's a pretty common problem, esp. males. R/G colorblind in something like 8% males (1 out of 12) but only .4% fems. I think the suggestion for little symbols would be good + fonts. Both seem good to me but I'm not CB.

Since I'm new, lemme ask, Is there a way to let sts know about problems and suggestions in a more official way than the thread. You've got a totally legit request and they should be happy to let you configure for it. Not everyone needs to see a different font/symbol - wouldn't really hurt but configurability never hurt.

Dryraindrops
01-16-2015, 03:10 PM
Turn on notifications for legendary drops. But then you would have a hard time remembering which is which when you go to sale you would have to hurry and bank it and only bank pinks in your stash to remember which all items are actually pink when you go to sale.

Best suggestion I could think of apart from STS adding a (legendary) or (epic) after each item or more distinguishable colors.

Dryraindrops
01-16-2015, 03:11 PM
It's a pretty common problem, esp. males. R/G colorblind in something like 8% males (1 out of 12) but only .4% fems. I think the suggestion for little symbols would be good + fonts. Both seem good to me but I'm not CB.

Since I'm new, lemme ask, Is there a way to let sts know about problems and suggestions in a more official way than the thread. You've got a totally legit request and they should be happy to let you configure for it. Not everyone needs to see a different font/symbol - wouldn't really hurt but configurability never hurt.

Email : support@spacetimestudios.com