PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a starting fee of 100g to list items on the CS?

Wizard_Mike
01-01-2013, 05:35 AM
I'm curious what the design philosophy was behind this. Auctions should definitely have fees to use, but this one just seems too punishing. If I want to list a low level green for 50g, why am I being charged 100g to do so?

Delirium
01-01-2013, 06:01 AM
only list legendary items.. none of the other types are worth it. hell, some of the legendaries aren't worth it either.

Lesmiserables
01-01-2013, 06:20 AM
prolly just like other games they need the tax to survive lol .

Bless
01-01-2013, 06:31 AM
Called a gold sink.

TheHobbit
01-01-2013, 08:25 AM

Not only to survive but to prevent price inflation.

Sympathetic
01-01-2013, 09:54 AM
And also, if the price of the item you are listing is less then the tax, they won't allow you to list it, so don't worry (:

Wizard_Mike
01-01-2013, 02:07 PM

Called a gold sink.
There's a percentage charge on everything you list as well, just like any other game with an auction house. What's unique to this game is the 100g minimum fee. That's specifically what I'm talking about.

Not only to survive but to prevent price inflation.
A 100g minimum charge to list anything does nothing to prevent inflation. In fact it actually forces price inflation on items we would otherwise sell for less than 100g.

only list legendary items.. none of the other types are worth it. hell, some of the legendaries aren't worth it either.
Yeah, that's the problem. All the 100g minimum fee does is filter out all the cheap items players are getting. Players should be able to list items at any price they wish, and be charged a fee based on that price.

And also, if the price of the item you are listing is less then the tax, they won't allow you to list it, so don't worry (:
Ah, I ever knew that, as I never actually tried listing something for less than 100g. That makes it even worse, actually. We don't even have the freedom to list things for under 100g at a profit loss?

Anyways, I think folks are missing my point. The 100g minimum fee renders the CS useless for a large portion of the items in the game. I'm merely curious as to what the design philosophy behind this is.

Royce
01-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Anyways, I think folks are missing my point. The 100g minimum fee renders the CS useless for a large portion of the items in the game. I'm merely curious as to what the design philosophy behind this is.

My guess would be to minimize CS stress on the servers by preventing the listing of garbage items.

Wizard_Mike
01-01-2013, 03:12 PM
My guess would be to minimize CS stress on the servers by preventing the listing of garbage items.

That's what I was kind of what I was thinking, too, but if that is the case why not just remove common and rare from the CS completely? I mean, if the goal is to keep the CS database from getting too filled, wouldn't it make more sense to simply eliminate th junk items from being listed, rather than just putting in a disincentive to listing them?

It just makes the CS feel clunky and almost useless for anything but legendaries.

Sympathetic
01-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah, that's the problem. All the 100g minimum fee does is filter out all the cheap items players are getting. Players should be able to list items at any price they wish, and be charged a fee based on that price.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree, they should just remove the base 100g fee and just charge on the % of how much we list.

Energizeric
01-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Occasionally in PL there have been orange/green/purple items that have been worth decent money. Orange/Green forgotten bows come to mind, purple demon claw, and some of the winter fest items. So they leave those there just in case.