PDA

View Full Version : PvP Skills

Aintgerman
01-01-2013, 08:10 PM
wich will be the best skills for pvp? Maybe, lighting strike, frost bolt, shield, and health or curse... what do you think?

Unknowable
01-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Well for me here wht i think ..

Lighting Strike-A Bad idea (Reason .. It only hit one enemy and Sorcerer has low critical)

Frost bolt-Nice with fireball or gale (Reason .. Use frost bolt and when the enemy is frozen gale push it back or fireball can do damage)

Shield-Good for some people (Reason .. Some like it or not)

Health-Good but sometimes (Reason.. it helps u save money but it really don't heal alot)

Curse-don't use it so idk ;)

Btw it really wht i think and other think different ;)

Aintgerman
01-01-2013, 09:21 PM
What would be your choices? I want to make a new player for pvp, because the one I have is more for pve

Nightarcher
01-02-2013, 02:11 AM
I really don't follow Unknowable's logic, so here's my take on all the skills:

Shield: it seems like it would be necessary. 45% damage reduction? Nice. Use it.

Frost bolt: high damage (almost that of lightning) while inflicting damage-over-time which can equal an additional 140 damage (that's per cast, an you can have multiple dot's at once). Not sure if freeze will work in pvp, but if so it's a must.

Lightning: probably a good skill to get an upgrade for extra 15% damage, though it doesn't have as much opponent-disabling potential like some other stuns.

Gale force: with knockdown, this'll be beastly. Upgrade fully imo, the dodge and speed might be extremely useful.

Fireball: I doubt I would use this unless it can knockdown. Less damage than other skills.

Curse: Maybe. It seems like using an offensive skill instead might make a Sorc more effective, but it might turn out to be useful.

Time Shift: Only if the root can actually root them. If they can't move, this skill might be vital.

Heal: I'm not sure how much healing this provides compared to the damage you would take in pvp, so I'm unsure whether it would be recommended for a pvp build yet. I would opt against it.

Passives: 5/5 int, that's probably all.

Royce
01-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Gale force: with knockdown, this'll be beastly. Upgrade fully imo, the dodge and speed might be extremely useful.

Fireball: I doubt I would use this unless it can knockdown. Less damage than other skills.

If Gale knockdown works certainly FB's will too. FB has just as much damage as Gale, plus a DOT, and much longer range. And FB has a Hit% debuff. I'm not sure why you're into Gale but hatin on FB.

Dragonik
01-02-2013, 10:03 AM
With no pots available and assuming knockdown worked I would run ice, gale, heal, shield.

Gale for the dodge/speed increase over fireball. UtilIzing AA to the max to conserve mana

bkkiller2
01-02-2013, 11:26 AM
lighting - good dmg , low cooldown and with 10% crit would be awesome
frost bolt - if cc will be available in pvp , would be great stun and DoT on enemy
gale , fire - great cc but low dmg
curse - pretty good cuz the 10% dmg reduction and 15% bonus dmg
arcane shield - 45% dmg reduction would be the best

i guess arcane shield will take a real place in pvp but not pve

Randomguy
01-02-2013, 11:27 AM
idk what that big time tower thingy does

Nightarcher
01-02-2013, 11:38 AM
If Gale knockdown works certainly FB's will too. FB has just as much damage as Gale, plus a DOT, and much longer range. And FB has a Hit% debuff. I'm not sure why you're into Gale but hatin on FB.

It might be just how I use it. I only have Fb for damage (+radius upgrade) with the knockdown if I charge it, but I have Gale fully upgraded for the buffs I get. Maybe you're right, as Fb is much longer range. :)

Reggin
01-02-2013, 03:19 PM
I'd likely use gale over fb just because movement speed and dodge are GODLY in pvp... dodge is huge when pvp is based on burst damage. Avoid the initial burst and you can usually burst them down.

I'm personally leaning towards gale, shield, heal, and ice...

XghostzX
01-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Don't think Heal will be useful at some point. We're already at level 21, and it only heals about 15-20% of your HP.

I'm thinking Fireball and Ice for sure (for freezing). Lightning wil be nice one gear has some crit to it.

I'm not sure if Arcane Shield will be worth it. If it's that effective, I'll use it. If I use Fire and icebolt, I guess I'm really asking of which 2 I should use: Arcane Shield, Gale, or Time Shift?

Aintgerman
01-02-2013, 06:43 PM
shield and gale, they are beast skills :D

Reggin
01-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Gale will be GODLY in PvP... knockdown, movement speed, and 25% chance of taking no damage? Yes please! Not great in end game pve, but will hands down be the best PvP mage skill.

Royce
01-02-2013, 09:32 PM
I really don't see the great appeal of a short speed burst. Regen is next to nil while in combat in this game, so spending skill points to drag a fight out rather than on getting more damage per point of mana spent (like fireball, which shares the damage and knockdown of gale, and has -25% hit which should be equivalent to +25% dodge for the caster but better for team fights, and has a DOT, not to mention longer range).

Edit: Unless people are considering CTF play too. I can see gale being great for that.

Dragonik
01-02-2013, 10:57 PM
The reason the speed boost would be invaluable is because against melee chars that extra 25% speed will be allowing you to kite players while dishing out all of your ranged damage.

XghostzX
01-03-2013, 12:25 AM
I really don't see the great appeal of a short speed burst. Regen is next to nil while in combat in this game, so spending skill points to drag a fight out rather than on getting more damage per point of mana spent (like fireball, which shares the damage and knockdown of gale, and has -25% hit which should be equivalent to +25% dodge for the caster but better for team fights, and has a DOT, not to mention longer range).

Edit: Unless people are considering CTF play too. I can see gale being great for that.

Yeah, it's like the Rhino in CTF for PL. Using charge if you have the flag... nobody can catch you.

Royce
01-03-2013, 06:07 AM
The reason the speed boost would be invaluable is because against melee chars that extra 25% speed will be allowing you to kite players while dishing out all of your ranged damage.

But it's like a 3 second boost, and by the time they're up from the knockdown, isn't it basically nothing? I can one see it being useful for running away.

Reggin
01-03-2013, 08:41 AM
It's a 5 second speed boost, 3 second dodge boost... with a 5.5 second cooldown, it's pretty much a constant 25% speed advantage, which makes kiting with a gun easy consistent safe damage...

Royce
01-03-2013, 09:45 AM
It's a 5 second speed boost, 3 second dodge boost... with a 5.5 second cooldown, it's pretty much a constant 25% speed advantage, which makes kiting with a gun easy consistent safe damage...

Okay, I guess I had the buffs mixed up. Still the gun's range is a lot longer than gale's so you'd have to close in to use use it. I feel like kiting at longer range with fb's knockdown and other long range skills like frost would be more effective, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.