PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Damage Output for Jarl Farming

Czone
01-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone. I started playing 4 days ago, so I'm still very new to the game. I'm a level 21 full dex Rogue. My skills include Nox Bolt, Razor Shield, Aimed Shot, and Shadow Veil. When I'm killing Jarl, I use Razer Shield and Shadow Veil every time they are off cool down. I do not, however, use my nox bolt or aimed shot at all once Jarl is within auto attack range because I feel that the damage from my auto attacks is probably higher than the damage coming from nox bolt and aimed shot. Is this correct? Should I continue what I'm doing or should I be spamming nox bolt and aimed shot? If I should be spamming these two skills, should I charge them or just tap them?

Thanks for your help!

Limsi
01-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Czone! Remember charging Aimed shot when using it, especially when you're inside the Shadow Veil and be surprised at the damage you can make. I certainly recommend Aimed Shot any time of the day. My critical with A.S. can go as high as 2450, when buffed inside ;)

primaeva
01-01-2013, 11:03 PM
While it's debatable whether Noxious is better damage than autoattacking (I'll be doing some tests soon), you should really be spamming Aimed Shot off cooldown.

1) Aimed Shot's damage increases with subsequent casts.
2) Most importantly, stacking Aimed Shot crit chance buff is the backbone of rogue DPS. A single AS buff lasts 9 seconds (not the listed 5), so you can maintain 50% additional crit if you're diligent (0 secs, 2, 4, 6, 8 for a total of 5 stacks).
3) Aimed Shot itself has a 250% crit multiplier which energizes really well with itself.

Very few skills in AL warrant a 5/5-- AS is our most valuable tool for any situation. Spam the heck out of it. Anyway, there is a micro cooldown between AAs, so why not use that to skill?

Hope you found your answer and stay tuned for the Noxious Bolt tests.

Czone
01-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Thank you both so much for your feedback. Limsyoker recommends charging aimed shot whereas primavera seems to be recommend not charging it, but spamming it every time its off cooldown. Is it a matter of personal preference?

Cashews
01-02-2013, 05:09 AM
Spamming aimed shot yields higher damage over time because of the increased crit chance.

Lesmiserables
01-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Just slot in auto atks whenever your skills are on cool down, and personally I don't charge my atks to yield more dmg output.