PDA

View Full Version : rally cry worthless?

Sharaobic
01-02-2013, 05:25 AM
Hi, I was thinking of making a build using rally cry, but not many ppl use that skill, and also nothing in the guides.Any of you tried that skill yet? if yes then please share your experience.

sirnew
01-02-2013, 05:44 AM
Its very good skill give u speed,dodge,damage reduction ...:single_eye:

ShadowGunX
01-02-2013, 07:52 AM
use instead of vengeful blood.

Sharaobic
01-02-2013, 08:06 AM
vengeful blood is useless to elite tanks because it grants all atack buffs except 25 or 50 strength....Just wanna be immortal..but could be at cost of low damage

Enisceloz
01-02-2013, 11:34 AM
vengeful blood is useless to elite tanks because it grants all atack buffs except 25 or 50 strength....Just wanna be immortal..but could be at cost of low damage

Vengeful Blood is useless?? And what was your explanation again? Because I hardly understood it. I think your're confusing the skills and if your're not, Vengeful is almost in every effective Tank build for it's Mana regeneration capabilities (aswell as granting you some HP). So unless you thoroughly explain what skill set you're using I would not be going around saying things are useless/worthless and giving people bad advice!

Reggin
01-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Eni... I think you consider any warrior a tank, but I respectfully disagree. Any warrior can do a decent job tanking because of the innate health and armor associated with the class. However, vengeful is useless if the ONLY goal of the warrior is to tank elites.

If the warrior wants to be purely a tank with no regard for dealing damage, the only benefits of vengeful are the mana regen and the 500 heal. It's amazing for warriors who care about dealing damage, but to someone who only wants to tank there are skills that are much more useful.

Personally, my warrior Ugg is ONLY used as a tank. When I want to dps, I use my rogue Everdeen because it's much better at it. My mage is support spec'd for that reason (curse, heal, time, and gale for control) in that I can fill in whatever role is needed for an organized party.

Personally, a pure tank, two rogues, and a support mage is the ideal party in my mind. Rogues won't need mana pots between my nexus and the mage heal, the curse reduces my pot use and increases rogue dps, and the rogues can alternate smoke to keep it up most of the time.

Unfortunately, due to scaling a party can't beat the speed of a solo rogue as is evident by lesmiserables times proves. However, if sts makes elites balanced to the point where a maxed party is needed that will change. I personally think it shouldn't be possible to solo elites... scale down regular areas, but not elites.

sirnew
01-02-2013, 01:35 PM
I think damage red and dodge is better then 50 str :grey:

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Vengeful Blood is useless?? And what was your explanation again? Because I hardly understood it. I think your're confusing the skills and if your're not, Vengeful is almost in every effective Tank build for it's Mana regeneration capabilities (aswell as granting you some HP). So unless you thoroughly explain what skill set you're using I would not be going around saying things are useless/worthless and giving people bad advice!
I think what he was saying is that VB is useless for his goals, which are survivability. Since VB is all mainly attack buffs, rather than defense buffs, it just doesn't meet his needs n any way.

I don't think he meant it was a useless skill period, just that it was useless for the type of build he is going for.

To answer the OP's question, I really liked the rally cry skill when I used it. The defensive abilities are great, and they can extend to the whole group, which I really liked. The speed boost was icing on the cake. But there was no taunt built into it, so I ended up switching back to juggernaut.

Enisceloz
01-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Eni... I think you consider any warrior a tank, but I respectfully disagree. Any warrior can do a decent job tanking because of the innate health and armor associated with the class. However, vengeful is useless if the ONLY goal of the warrior is to tank elites.

If the warrior wants to be purely a tank with no regard for dealing damage, the only benefits of vengeful are the mana regen and the 500 heal. It's amazing for warriors who care about dealing damage, but to someone who only wants to tank there are skills that are much more useful.

Personally, my warrior Ugg is ONLY used as a tank. When I want to dps, I use my rogue Everdeen because it's much better at it. My mage is support spec'd for that reason (curse, heal, time, and gale for control) in that I can fill in whatever role is needed for an organized party.

Personally, a pure tank, two rogues, and a support mage is the ideal party in my mind. Rogues won't need mana pots between my nexus and the mage heal, the curse reduces my pot use and increases rogue dps, and the rogues can alternate smoke to keep it up most of the time.

Unfortunately, due to scaling a party can't beat the speed of a solo rogue as is evident by lesmiserables times proves. However, if sts makes elites balanced to the point where a maxed party is needed that will change. I personally think it shouldn't be possible to solo elites... scale down regular areas, but not elites.

I think a Warrior should be a tank no matter what build set-up (just depends on the skill of the player). His main job is to divert the mobs attantion to him (currently is pretty much hard to do with a single boss) and take the blunt of the damage while the Sorcerer nukes and the Rogue does prioritize killing. So that's my basis. All this talk about pure-tank, hybrid, solo, mob blah blah blah are just playing styles that suits different situations in the game.

I think what he was saying is that VB is useless for his goals, which are survivability. Since VB is all mainly attack buffs, rather than defense buffs, it just doesn't meet his needs n any way.

I don't think he meant it was a useless skill period, just that it was useless for the type of build he is going for.

To answer the OP's question, I really liked the rally cry skill when I used it. The defensive abilities are great, and they can extend to the whole group, which I really liked. The speed boost was icing on the cake. But there was no taunt built into it, so I ended up switching back to juggernaut.

Well Wizard those are your words not his lol. What does he mean by "Elite Tank" does it mean tanking in Elite maps? does it mean an Elite tank who's good? And what's that about immortal? Are we watching a movie lol (I'm exaggerating to prove my point). Anywho's he's giving advice without much backbone to his theory.

*Oh crap Devs changed my forum user name to my IGN...thumbs up lol!!!!

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Well Wizard those are your words not his lol. What does he mean by "Elite Tank" does it mean tanking in Elite maps? does it mean an Elite tank who's good? And what's that about immortal? Are we watching a movie lol (I'm exaggerating to prove my point). Anywho's he's giving advice without much backbone to his theory.

True, it's just my interpretation. But it seemed somewhat straightforward.

VB is useless because it's all attack buffs, meaning he only values defensive buffs to run elite maps. "just wanna be immortal" simply means he wants the skills that keep him from dying, even at the cost of not being able to deal decent damage.

I'm not really sure how else his post could be taken, but that's just me.

Enisceloz
01-02-2013, 08:50 PM
True, it's just my interpretation. But it seemed somewhat straightforward.

VB is useless because it's all attack buffs, meaning he only values defensive buffs to run elite maps. "just wanna be immortal" simply means he wants the skills that keep him from dying, even at the cost of not being able to deal decent damage.

I'm not really sure how else his post could be taken, but that's just me.

You know VB when charged gives you 500 HP???? While keeping your mana practically intact. How is this not considered survival??

*Actually let me add to that, and when used first in a skill cycle it obviously increases your strength (+50 when charged) thus increasing your Bonus Dmg% thus increasing the effects of the rest of your skills in your cycle. It's both an offensive and defensive skill. I think I rest my case now lol.

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 09:03 PM
You know VB when charged gives you 500 HP???? While keeping your mana practically intact. How is this not considered survival??

Hey, that's his argument, not mine. :) And you'll note that he did say "except for 25 or 50 strength".

But since you ask, I will say that if you're trying to make a "cannot die" build, spending points and a skill slot on something that is mainly focused on increasing your dps isn't really worth it, even if it does give some health and replenish mana. Those can help you survive, sure, but if you're looking for pure defense there are better options.

Enisceloz
01-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Hey, that's his argument, not mine. :) And you'll note that he did say "except for 25 or 50 strength".

But since you ask, I will say that if you're trying to make a "cannot die" build, spending points and a skill slot on something that is mainly focused on increasing your dps isn't really worth it, even if it does give some health and replenish mana. Those can help you survive, sure, but if you're looking for pure defense there are better options.

No, that was your interpretation of his words. We still don't know what he was talking about with certainty lol.

And hummmm you wanna bet on the "cannot die" part? Add me: IGN: Enisceloz

I get enough defense with my equipment/pets and my HoR. The rest is helped by me and taken care by my party. I hardly spend pots (anywhere) unless it's a Watchers run (with a ok group lol) and I've yet to see a Warrior run that motha like I do lol.

...I do what I preach bro lol.

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 09:29 PM
No, that was your interpretation of his words. We still don't know what he was talking about with certainty lol.

And hummmm you wanna bet on the "cannot die" part? Add me: IGN: Enisceloz

I get enough defense with my equipment/pets and my HoR. The rest is helped by me and taken care by my party. I hardly spend pots (anywhere) unless it's a Watchers run (with a ok group lol) and I've yet to see a tank run that motha like I do lol.

At what point did you think anyone was trying to say that you couldn't "be immortal" with VB? There was never a personal challenge issued, calm down, lol.

All he said was that he doesn't care about attack buffs, just wants defense to "be immortal", and doesn't care about dealing damage. I think you're really trying to read too much into this, lol.

Enisceloz
01-02-2013, 09:51 PM
At what point did you think anyone was trying to say that you couldn't "be immortal" with VB? There was never a personal challenge issued, calm down, lol.

All he said was that he doesn't care about attack buffs, just wants defense to "be immortal", and doesn't care about dealing damage. I think you're really trying to read too much into this, lol.

No I think you are. I obviously started posting because I disagree with his statement, which he fails to elaborate on. So maybe he can do that and I can debate with him. And as for you, who already tried correcting me somewhere else lol, I have countered all your assumptions because that's what they have been, just assumptions. It's not a challenge I'll just show you how "I can't get killed" lol

ShadowGunX
01-02-2013, 10:06 PM

thats y m recommending to use rally cry if u want to b pure tank as it gives massive dodge nd speed. also it gives dmg deduction. this skill buffs whole party wich makes war a real tank i.e. survivality of party.
Venge blood is jst an insane buff to oneself.:-)
rally cry is very imp. in CTF nd u kno it y ;-)

Enisceloz
01-02-2013, 10:27 PM
thats y m recommending to use rally cry if u want to b pure tank as it gives massive dodge nd speed. also it gives dmg deduction. this skill buffs whole party wich makes war a real tank i.e. survivality of party.
Venge blood is jst an insane buff to oneself.:-)
rally cry is very imp. in CTF nd u kno it y ;-)

But this will ruin his build because his main focus is too keep aggro 99.9% of the time! Rally Cry doesn't have a taunt. However I do see you're point it will be very effective in a defensive stand point for a tank. When I first played the game I had it on my build. And I guess it was because my stats were low or didn't have optimal equipment on, that I found the buffs pretty weak. Then again I tried it during the free respec time and yet again I found the buffs were pretty weak for the way I play as a Warrior!

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 10:28 PM
No I think you are. I obviously started posting because I disagree with his statement, which he fails to elaborate on. So maybe he can do that and I can debate with him. And as for you, who already tried correcting me somewhere else lol, I have countered all your assumptions because that's what they have been, just assumptions. It's not a challenge I'll just show you how "I can't get killed" lol
I really couldn't care less if you can show me how indistructible you are, lol. It has no bearing on anything being discussed here.

You made a post clearly stating you didn't understand what he was saying, even though it looked pretty straightforward to me, so I merely "translated" for you. Now you're getting all wound up about proving your build, lol. Relax man, it's not a contest. :p

Enisceloz
01-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I really couldn't care less if you can show me how indistructible you are, lol. It has no bearing on anything being discussed here.

You made a post clearly stating you didn't understand what he was saying, even though it looked pretty straightforward to me, so I merely "translated" for you. Now you're getting all wound up about proving your build, lol. Relax man, it's not a contest. :p

Nope...I understood Vengeful Blood is worthless then he went on something else. Don't want to get the OP or people reading this thinking that Vengeful Blood is worthless, that's all. When is a staple on my build and on many others already listed here. Then you went on about something else about not dying, so I'll simply proof that I won't die on Vengeful Blood and no Rally Cry. So where's the beef-o-roni lol?

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 10:36 PM
But this will ruin his build because his main focus is too keep aggro 99.9% of the time! Rally Cry doesn't have a taunt.

He never actually stated anything about holding aggro, just about being defensive. So we're not really sure if it would ruin his build goals or not.

But I will agree that that lack of a taunt makes Rally Cry less desirable for a tanking build. That's why I feel Juggernaut is a better choice. But who knows, perhaps he only cares about his own survival, not the survival of his team, lol.

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Nope...I understood Vengeful Blood is worthless then he went on something else. Don't want to get the OP or people reading this thinking that Vengeful Blood it's worthless, that's all. When is a staple on my build and on many others already listed here. Then you went on about something else about not dying, so I'll simply proof that I won't die on Vengeful Blood and no Rally Cry. So where's the beef-o-roni lol?

Yeah, you thought he was saying VB was useless,period, despite all the context that came after which clearly showed he meant "useless for the purely defensive build" that he was going for. I was merely pointing out the context that you seemed to have overlooked.

Now you seem to be thinking I'm making claims of my own, which is weird. And then started challenging me with your own build, lol. All I did was break down what he was saying for you, since you went way out in left field with it.

Where's the beef-o-roni, indeed. :p

Enisceloz
01-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah, you thought he was saying VB was useless,period, despite all the context that came after which clearly showed he meant "useless for the purely defensive build" that he was going for. I was merely pointing out the context that you seemed to have overlooked.

Now you seem to be thinking I'm making claims of my own, which is weird. And then started challenging me with your own build, lol. All I did was break down what he was saying for you, since you went way out in left field with it.

Where's the beef-o-roni, indeed. :p

Again my dude we going to be here all night. I keep reading it, and what does "Elite Tank" mean? I had said this when you first replied. Neither me or you know lol. Again beef-o-roni served hot or cold? Hahaha! Hopefully you get what I'm trying to understand from his post. If not then there's no use going on with this hehe.

Wizard_Mike
01-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Again my dude we going to be here all night. I keep reading it, and what does "Elite Tank" mean? I had said this when you first replied. Neither me or you know lol. Again beef-o-roni served hot or cold? Hahaha! Hopefully you get what I'm trying to understand from his post. If not then there's no use going on with this hehe.

Yeah, I get what you are trying to understand from his posts, which is exactly what I'm trying to help you do, lol.

Sharaobic
01-03-2013, 03:37 AM
any significant difference between aggro builds and defensive builds? does vengeful gives you more aggro? I was thinking going without any attack skill...because I just want to save my party...but then again someone said skyward smash gives you aggro...Juggernaut and Horn renew will be in my build...rally cry will be very helpfull at insane 900 or 1000 armor...and with that much armor 500 hp of vengeful blood will be way more lasting and helpful...but if attacks like skyward give u aggro I am ready to give up vengeful blood and get a mana regen pet like snaggletooth..thanks

Kenoon
01-03-2013, 04:24 AM
This skill is pretty useful for mass mobbing and leveling.
With all skills learnt except for the 4th one (movement speed)
You will give party members 7.5% damage reduction (which is quite alot) and 37.5% dodge rate.
With your basic gears at Lv21, should be able to hit above 40% dodge rate.

For tanking wise, there are better skill options to choose.

Wizard_Mike
01-03-2013, 10:23 AM
any significant difference between aggro builds and defensive builds? does vengeful gives you more aggro? I was thinking going without any attack skill...because I just want to save my party...but then again someone said skyward smash gives you aggro...Juggernaut and Horn renew will be in my build...rally cry will be very helpfull at insane 900 or 1000 armor...and with that much armor 500 hp of vengeful blood will be way more lasting and helpful...but if attacks like skyward give u aggro I am ready to give up vengeful blood and get a mana regen pet like snaggletooth..thanks

Yeah, there is definitely a difference. You can go all defense and miss a lot of good tanking skills that have taunts and other mechanics. Chest splitter is an attack that taunts, and can be upgraded to stop enemy windups (when you see the red ray of light on the ground). Axe throw is a taunt, but it works at range so you can pull enemies from a distance, instead of running up to them.

Rally cry is nice, but with no taunt, it will do nothing to help you hold aggro. Some people swear by vengeful blood, sky smash, or windmill for tanking. It's all really up to you. But if all you're concerned with us taunting and staying alive, I recommend checking out the Ugg's tanking build thread.

Ashanto
01-03-2013, 01:32 PM

*Actually let me add to that, and when used first in a skill cycle it obviously increases your strength (+50 when charged) thus increasing your Bonus Dmg% thus increasing the effects of the rest of your skills in your cycle. It's both an offensive and defensive skill. I think I rest my case now lol.

What do you drop to get VB? There is nothing about it that increases DPS, threat, or taunt more than adding another taunt attack skill instead. VB is only usefull if you use Windmill and and Skyward Smash in your build and you are going after large groups of mobs and want to DPS solo. In a group you are actually lowering overall DPS by not using Jugg, Axe, Chest, and Horn. If you can't hold agro and taunt, then a rogue and mage cannot do full DPS. If you can hold mobs, then DPS classes can go full steam increasing DPS more than what you can do alone without fear of pulling a bad guy and dying.

The only use for VB is soloing, that's it. And Nexus is by far your best friend for mana regen, dmg, HP, and dmg reduction.

Ashanto
01-03-2013, 01:54 PM

I get enough defense with my equipment/pets and my HoR. The rest is helped by me and taken care by my party. I hardly spend pots (anywhere) unless it's a Watchers run (with a ok group lol) and I've yet to see a Warrior run that motha like I do lol.

There is zero possibility to hold threat with VB in your build when running with geared rogues and mages. A Wars threat generation from attacking and attack skills is not even close to the threat generation of a top rogue just auto attacking. You may be able to keep yourself alive, but you have no chance what-so-ever of pulling agro off a rogue without more than just Horn.

Ashanto
01-03-2013, 01:56 PM
BTW, any war in a group that doesn't use Nexus is already hurting the group. Rogues and Mages both have mana problems with top DPS gear. If a war uses Nexus's Arcane ability nonstop, then no one in party will ever run out of mana and have to watch when to pot. Everyone can focus on DPS

Reggin
01-03-2013, 02:46 PM
^^^^^^^ Sold!

Enisceloz
01-03-2013, 06:59 PM
What do you drop to get VB? There is nothing about it that increases DPS, threat, or taunt more than adding another taunt attack skill instead. VB is only usefull if you use Windmill and and Skyward Smash in your build and you are going after large groups of mobs and want to DPS solo. In a group you are actually lowering overall DPS by not using Jugg, Axe, Chest, and Horn. If you can't hold agro and taunt, then a rogue and mage cannot do full DPS. If you can hold mobs, then DPS classes can go full steam increasing DPS more than what you can do alone without fear of pulling a bad guy and dying.

The only use for VB is soloing, that's it. And Nexus is by far your best friend for mana regen, dmg, HP, and dmg reduction.

Those are exactly the attack skills that I have. And the only point I agree with you is on the use of full DPS by the rest of the party on a boss. The rest you clearly don't understand team mechanics or haven't played with good Sorcerers or Rogues (maybe I happen to be fortunate, HOWEVER I do a lot of PUGs and keep I everyone alive on any map) I'm going to refer you to my build and the way I use it. And you can give it a test spin if you like. I'm too lazy to go into details here. And btw I never solo, waste of time and pots buddy!

Heres my post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?78475-Warrior-Tanking-123-with-explanations/page2 (refer to #26)

There is zero possibility to hold threat with VB in your build when running with geared rogues and mages. A Wars threat generation from attacking and attack skills is not even close to the threat generation of a top rogue just auto attacking. You may be able to keep yourself alive, but you have no chance what-so-ever of pulling agro off a rogue without more than just Horn.

Again lol, want to bet? (I'm only doing this because I don't want to write a research paper lol). Take out your Sorcerer or Rogue and come do a WT4 run with me. Ill pull half the map lol, and you'll be alive IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY YOUR CLASS and kill almost everyone in about 5-7 minutes depending on your Damage. (which again brings me to the point all builds will be less effective if you're not on a good party). The only time I loose aggro is on a boss like you said. If the party decides to skill spam then I agree with you. HOWEVER lol, if the Sorcerer or Rogue decides to do that they are fully aware that they must use some pots to stay alive, so they assume that responsibility of a "tank". Because like we have said here MILLIONS of times in the Warriors section our taunts are weak! And I'm not going to go full taunt build because that's not the way I play, I find those skills pretty stale to my playstyle (no offense to those out there that use it). We are dwelling too much into this aggro stuff when really is not as effective since the update came out. Why? Simply because Sorcerers and Mages (again if they know how to play) can survive most situations specially if they are fully geared.

Reggin
01-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Very true Eni... sts messing it up and allowing other classes to survive more than 2 shots in an elite map reduced the need for pure taunting. My rogue can easily pull aggro still from non taunt builds.

The difference is at 16 it meant I'd die, and at 20 it means I'll kite and spam pots.

Enisceloz
01-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Very true Eni... sts messing it up and allowing other classes to survive more than 2 shots in an elite map reduced the need for pure taunting. My rogue can easily pull aggro still from non taunt builds.

The difference is at 16 it meant I'd die, and at 20 it means I'll kite and spam pots.

Yeah man I know you mentioned it on another post. Honestly I base my info on tons of runs everywhere (Watchers, Kraag Tombs, Haunted, Common Elite Maps) with parties ranging from some of the top players (such as you), to really crappy PUG teams. And I feel like a lot of people who post here haven't really have that much experience and are trying to give very narrow advice. Because some of these posts I'm like WTH is he/she talking about lol.

I'm telling you man if taunt gets a boost, more people will leave the 4 taunt skill set up (if their sole purpose is too keep aggro) and maybe go with 1-2 taunt. And will be at more liberty to try and have a variety of skills set-ups that suits each individual playing styles. This will make the Warrior great again hehe!!

crestmage
01-03-2013, 10:43 PM
I think a Warrior should be a tank no matter what build set-up (just depends on the skill of the player). His main job is to divert the mobs attantion to him (currently is pretty much hard to do with a single boss) and take the blunt of the damage while the Sorcerer nukes and the Rogue does prioritize killing. So that's my basis. All this talk about pure-tank, hybrid, solo, mob blah blah blah are just playing styles that suits different situations in the game.

Trying being a tank when Pvp comes out. Have fun.

Enisceloz
01-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Trying being a tank when Pvp comes out. Have fun.

This is the only useful thing you could say? lol. I will have fun, maybe I won't PvP how about that? But I will and I will adjust accordingly...now you can go have fun bud!

Sharaobic
01-04-2013, 03:33 AM
With PvP, defence will be more than tanking..so I think people will make a new PvP build...Juggernaut,Horn renew,Rally cry and the last skill can be Vengeful...u dont need aggro..opponent will have to attack you.....suppose u have great armor and health(lets take 3500 hp and 950 armor) the opponent just managed to damage u by 500..then suddenly vengeful gives u that 500 hp back!! u become immortal...in pvp it will be wareior vs rogues...damage vs defence...mages will always die in between ....ok final my build has juggernaut, horn renew..only 2 slots empty..I can fill one with vengeful and the other with an attack...not windmill or axe throw...skyward or CS...just want to ask you can skyward pull equal aggro as CS....can CS knockback..the boss...if i had nexus I would unlock rally cry it will be very useful with high armor and pvp.

Kenoon
01-04-2013, 04:36 AM
With PvP, defence will be more than tanking..so I think people will make a new PvP build...Juggernaut,Horn renew,Rally cry and the last skill can be Vengeful...

I don't think anyone would be that foolish to use Juggernaut + HoR + RC + VB and didn't bring his brain for PVP...

u dont need aggro..opponent will have to attack you.....suppose u have great armor and health(lets take 3500 hp and 950 armor) the opponent just managed to damage u by 500..then suddenly vengeful gives u that 500 hp back!! u become immortal..

FYI, Vengeful blood when executed, your character will stand on the same spot for 1 second for casting, that 1 second alone will cause you to take hits from a rogue or mage. That won't make us an immortal.
Vengeful blood i would advise to cast it before engagement since the boost in health, damage and critical rate is more for offensive purpose. The extra health is more of an insurance for engagement.

in pvp it will be wareior vs rogues...damage vs defence...mages will always die in between ....

Unfortunately the ugly truth is, mage has many rooting or snare spells to slow other classes.
Before you can touch them, you would be already be blown away and knockdown by their spells and they would be out from your range.

ok final my build has juggernaut, horn renew..only 2 slots empty..I can fill one with vengeful and the other with an attack...not windmill or axe throw...skyward or CS...just want to ask you can skyward pull equal aggro as CS....can CS knockback..the boss...if i had nexus I would unlock rally cry it will be very useful with high armor and pvp.

When i see you ask the question about Skyward's aggro is it equal to CS,
i facepalmed myself for reading your theorycrafting in this thread.. that question is the most basic thing a warrior will find out after fighting like few elite jarls in party...

crestmage
01-04-2013, 05:05 AM
This is the only useful thing you could say? lol. I will have fun, maybe I won't PvP how about that? But I will and I will adjust accordingly...now you can go have fun bud!

Lol was just jk. But seriously tho, pvp is gonna be a blast!

Sharaobic
01-04-2013, 06:16 AM
I don't think anyone would be that foolish to use Juggerna
ut + HoR + RC + VB and didn't bring his brain for PVP...

FYI, Vengeful blood when executed, your character will stand on the same spot for 1 second for casting, that 1 second alone will cause you to take hits from a rogue or mage. That won't make us an immortal.
Vengeful blood i would advise to cast it before engagement since the boost in health, damage and critical rate is more for offensive purpose. The extra health is more of an insurance for engagement.

Unfortunately the ugly truth is, mage has many rooting or snare spells to slow other classes.
Before you can touch them, you would be already be blown away and knockdown by their spells and they would be out from your range.

When i see you ask the question about Skyward's aggro is it equal to CS,
i facepalmed myself for reading your theorycrafting in this thread.. that question is the most basic thing a warrior will find out after fighting like few elite jarls in party...

no...if a mage freeze u...juggernaut removes movement impairing effects..so u become unfreeze..if mage runs in circle..windmill or axe throw him...then grab his neck and continue to allow pressure with Cs...ur armor is 3x mages armor

rogue come near u .....use CS and knockback her.......Lol we really cant say anything until PvP comes out
I think you are forgetting a pure rank warrior has 70% damage reduction..if a rogue has lets say 250 damage...she will hit you for only 75 damage...

riyann
01-04-2013, 06:30 AM
yea .. vengeful blood increases our crit , hp a lot and mana regen . increases our damage too . vengeful blood is a must for all warriors :3

ShadowGunX
01-04-2013, 07:57 AM
...Juggernaut,Horn renew,Rally cry and the last skill can be Vengeful...

wat u mean by this? ROFL nd u will choose this build in pvp. this made me laugh hard. XD

Enisceloz
01-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Guys let's just wait until PvP gets here. Like Kenoon already said the other classes also have skills and set-ups that can counter ours and vice-versa. But I think the subject at hand was lol is Rally Cry Worthless (for PvE since is the only thing we have for now lol). And this is coming from someone that has never PvP in an STS game before. We don't know what STS has in store for us when it comes to that subject. It's good to be prepare and fun to speculate and make assumptions. But like I said all we have now is PvE and I'm pretty sure STS will give us a free respec when they release PvP so we can experiment and make those necessary adjustments!

Reggin
01-04-2013, 05:59 PM
If sts doesn't give us dual spec when pvp comes out, it will be an epic fail. A top pvp spec would be bad for pve and vice versa. That leads to people choosing to focus on only one.

For most players, end game pve is required to farm gear and constant plat respec is annoying so they make twinks for pvp.

I personally have several twinks geared and ready, but would prefer they just give us the option to buy dual spec for say 50 plat so I can pvp with my warrior.

crestmage
01-04-2013, 09:57 PM
If sts doesn't give us dual spec when pvp comes out, it will be an epic fail. A top pvp spec would be bad for pve and vice versa. That leads to people choosing to focus on only one.

For most players, end game pve is required to farm gear and constant plat respec is annoying so they make twinks for pvp.

I personally have several twinks geared and ready, but would prefer they just give us the option to buy dual spec for say 50 plat so I can pvp with my warrior.

Using plat to BUY dual spec is kinda imba for pvp, imho. Dual spec should be an embedded feature, like in the other STS titles, instead of being a plat feature.

Hroovitnir
02-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Kids learn to stat and build better, my 21 warrior with Juggs set has 4.3k(somewhere around 4.5 with DLW set and new ammy) hp buffed. The most I've seen on any toon, and my STR is over 300. Stop reading forums get some plat and respec your toon, go pvp, respec, go pvp, respec, see what actually works. I also see so many posts talking about swords which are all wrong as well. The reason I don't contribute my build is as I said, I've only seen me with it and it gives me quite an edge in PvP. I can stand around and tank a rouge and mage and just chill, I've never been 1 or 2 shot. On a side not PvP kills need to be fixed to go by dmg, not kill shot, since I repeatedly do more dmg and get jipped on KS cuz I'm helping group stay alive.

Heiki
02-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Hroovitnir you've been boasting about your "amazing" build for the last few days but you know it's quite easy to telland that with your health value (you forgot to mention "buffed" this time btw) you are using Juggernaut.

Then you're using Sky because that's necessary of any build. You're probably also using Vengeful so that leaves only 1 skill left which could be Horn if you go very defensive or WIndmill/Chest which is what I'm testing now.

There's no big secret to making builds in AL because the gameplay is so simple.

Enisceloz
02-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Kids learn to stat and build better, my 21 warrior with Juggs set has 4.3k(somewhere around 4.5 with DLW set and new ammy) hp buffed. The most I've seen on any toon, and my STR is over 300. Stop reading forums get some plat and respec your toon, go pvp, respec, go pvp, respec, see what actually works. I also see so many posts talking about swords which are all wrong as well. The reason I don't contribute my build is as I said, I've only seen me with it and it gives me quite an edge in PvP. I can stand around and tank a rouge and mage and just chill, I've never been 1 or 2 shot. On a side not PvP kills need to be fixed to go by dmg, not kill shot, since I repeatedly do more dmg and get jipped on KS cuz I'm helping group stay alive.

What is your IGN?? You seem very confident lol