PDA

View Full Version : True elite

smeagolette
01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
One of the most irritating aspects of AL is that level 20 players who have only been in game for maybe 2 days, with no intention of grinding to 21, are able to fight elite bosses with little effort. Us elite players who put in our time, many of us capping at level 16 before update, are having to do the majority of work when running random elite dungeons (often receiving common items while the low level player does minimal damage and receives items like golden chests). With next update I think we would all like to see elite dungeons open to elite players only. Who agrees?

Vystirch
01-02-2013, 12:21 PM
How would the computer do a Sequence to so this?

My answer to you is join an elitist guild and go at it!

Bless
01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Thats where the problem persists. What you define as elite may be different from what I or a dev thinks of it.

Maybe only players with 5k+ kills?

smeagolette
01-02-2013, 12:24 PM
I do believe sts claimed before update 16 was elite and now it is 21

Vystirch
01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Thats where the problem persists. What you define as elite may be different from what I or a dev thinks of it.

Maybe only players with 5k+ kills?

Even that wouldn't work. Truly the best way to do this is leave it be. I mean how do players become elite like? They learn from running with us true elite players.

P.S. this might fix the problem, maybe on lvl cap can go elite so lvl21 currently.

smeagolette
01-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I know I'm coming off as whiney, but point blank elite lvl cap should unlock elite dungeons.

Reggin
01-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Here's an idea... run with friends or guild members only. Even the elite content is easy as pie... farming elites started the day after update. That's a huge fail imho. Make areas hard enough on elite mode that figuring out the strategy and actually beating it consistently takes half way to the next update. Also, make the drops worth the challenge and make top gear only attainable by earning it instead of buying it.

It's sad that months of work went into pretty new levels, and everyone played them twice... once to get through and once for elite achievement then went right back to farming jarl or tower.

GoodSyntax
01-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Most of the elite map nonsense is easily solved by allowing players to host games. The problem is I've seen Warriors offering to unlock Elite Jarl to noobs for a few thousand. A simple, follow me and don't attack anything and a couple of thousand later, your noob can do Elite Jarl leaching too.

@smeagolette - I agree. A silly achievement flag is just a silly achievement flag. Elite dungeons would be a far better reward. DL at least gave you a worthwhile weapon or pet for reaching elite.

DataPunk
01-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Here's an idea... run with friends or guild members only. Even the elite content is easy as pie... farming elites started the day after update. That's a huge fail imho. Make areas hard enough on elite mode that figuring out the strategy and actually beating it consistently takes half way to the next update. Also, make the drops worth the challenge and make top gear only attainable by earning it instead of buying it.

It's sad that months of work went into pretty new levels, and everyone played them twice... once to get through and once for elite achievement then went right back to farming jarl or tower.

So much truth 8n this post i had to quote it.

Rare
01-02-2013, 01:40 PM
I know I'm coming off as whiney, but point blank elite lvl cap should unlock elite dungeons.

Not whiney. These are often legit complaints. There is just no solution other than finding the right group. I rarely do. But for those 10 or 15 runs... its GREAT.