PDA

View Full Version : undercuting = less gold

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Yeah i know its good that prices are dropping fast now and yes its because of people trying to sell items fast and undercutting.No point of chosing a three day option when selling stuff <except when you want to save> when after listing your item there is someone who will undercut afterwards 75% of the time and so on. I would just like to point out that this is a bad habit because one 1. Best item usually are 500k + in cs 2. listing fees are expensive 3. when you sell an item for a lower price you will get fewer golds also thus making less return profit which makes buying reason number more difficult..

Its a free market tho.. My suggestion is if you undercut someone just undercut for just a little bit or dont at all.. or do your business in forums or in kraag which is free

ps: how do i make a signature?lol

IM PINK THEREFORE IM HAM :)

Vystirch
01-03-2013, 03:46 AM
Yeah i know its good that prices are dropping fast now and yes its because of people trying to sell items fast and undercutting.No point of chosing a three day option when selling stuff <except when you want to save> when after listing your item there is someone who will undercut afterwards 75% of the time and so on. I would just like to point out that this is a bad habit because one 1. Best item usually are 500k + in cs 2. listing fees are expensive 3. when you sell an item for a lower price you will get fewer golds also thus making less return profit which makes buying reason number more difficult..

Its a free market tho.. My suggestion is if you undercut someone just undercut for just a little bit or dont at all.. or do your business in forums or in kraag which is free

ps: how do i make a signature?lol

IM PINK THEREFORE IM HAM :)

This is all true but "buyers" wait for a nice undercut to buy, soooooo if you what to actually sell what you have you are gonna have to undercut nicely.

gundamsone
01-03-2013, 03:51 AM
from my experience when you undercut someone by a bit 1-5% chances of you selling that item is not very high

so in the long run you might be re-listing the same item 2, 3, 4, or even 5x so some people undercut by quite a huge margin for a higher chance of sale ... and sometimes it crashes the item

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Yes its nice to undercut if you really want to sell an item but it seems the problem will surface once you undercut an item for like 100k off the price and that item wouldnt sell in an hour or so and people will follow through thus lessening the items overall value..

BodMaster
01-03-2013, 03:53 AM
Settings (Top Right) > Edit Signature (Left Panel)

If you do not have a signature to use, I'd suggest checking out the forum for Signature shops.

3 I can recommend (Active)

MrsBerry = http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56885-Berrys-Signature-Artworks

Aerostar = http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75994-Aerolabs-Gfx-showcase

Tilax = http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75943-Tilax-Signature-s-Free-D

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 03:57 AM
Tips: i have experienced these a lot.i keep my prices intact and just wait for someone to pm me for discounts.i usually get 3-5 pm's when i put something in cs and just give to the highest bidder. I do asks for discounts also so i supposed this is true with all the others..the problem is you need to be online almost all the time tho

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 03:58 AM
Tnx bodmaster! :) i reli appreciate it

Cero
01-03-2013, 04:15 AM
i cant remember when was the last time i read about "undercutting" sales ...way back from SL

some people doesnt realy care... all they think is to sell it while its hot. its either wait til the price go up again or go with the flow

GL

gundamsone
01-03-2013, 04:20 AM
unless items are discontinued all items will eventually go down in price...its something sellers have to accept

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Yep! im a seller so from my point of view its bad, very bad. but im more concered for people who dont get enuf gold and farm more than the people who hve more golds.i just want them to help themselves but i know that wont be happening anytime soon

Energizeric
01-03-2013, 04:40 PM
You guys are discussing items that have artificially inflated prices. If someone undercuts you and the price of your items is legitimate, then someone will quickly snatch up the lower priced item and soon after yours will be the lowest again. If people continue to undercut eachother then it means the price was artificially inflated anyway. Eventually prices settle to the real value of an item.

Try selling a colton egg for 500k and see if someone undercuts you. Yours will be gone in a second and nobody is going to undercut you.

Unfortunately, when there are more items available than buyers who want them, prices drop. That's why prices drop after a new campaign has been around a while. Many people have gotten their gear already so not as many potential buyers still around, or those who are around are not willing to pay the high prices. So prices drop to the point that people are willing to pay.

Raxin
01-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Quit complaining I always sell for less than cs low. Its better for the game when prices arent freakin outrageous...

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Quit complaining I always sell for less than cs low. Its better for the game when prices arent freakin outrageous...

I am not complaining.I just pointed this one out to help those who farm and sell eveything at a lesser price.They do the hard work and they get Less

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 05:25 PM
My point is: A. u hve a ring and u sell it at 75k when actual/usual price is normally 100-150k or even higher.
B. u want best weapon for ur char worth 750k up (good thing old items are now cheap unlike first patch)
C.in order for u to acquire B u need to at least sell 6-8 letter As when you could have done it in just 3-5

dtandel10
01-03-2013, 05:27 PM
i made a thread like this one but i now started undercutting by 1 e.g lowest 100,000 i put 99,999 that way buyer more likly.to buy mine but if that buyer is kind hearted he might thinks hmmmm only 1 gold differance so he might go for 100k but people usually go for lowest

and buying cheap stuff is funu save gold bad it ur the seller tho coz less profit

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 05:28 PM
I understand the need to sell item cheap so it would be sold asap but what people need to understand is that top gears are always expensive

spiderpig
01-03-2013, 05:31 PM
i made a thread like this one but i now started undercutting by 1 e.g lowest 100,000 i put 99,999 that way buyer more likly.to buy mine but if that buyer is kind hearted he might thinks hmmmm only 1 gold differance so he might go for 100k but people usually go for lowest

and buying cheap stuff is funu save gold bad it ur the seller tho coz less profit

undercutting by that amount is either bad or good..bad for the other seller and good.becoz u retain the usual price

dtandel10
01-03-2013, 05:33 PM
I understand the need to sell item cheap so it would be sold asap but what people need to understand is that top gears are always expensive
true there will be low price for agile but mighty stuff will defo be higher and wont be the price of agile unless idiots are selling it :-)(-:

crestmage
01-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Undercutting now imo is kinda good. Prices are still way too high for the average pick-up gamer to make purchases. The market should stabilize itself after a while though, so there's no real need to get anxious about it. :)

Deadbite
01-03-2013, 11:15 PM
I undercut by 1k-20k depending on the price of item. If some one undercuts some one by 1 gold or 1k on a high priced item I (I know many others do this to) I buy the one slightly more expensive. I just don't like the jerks who undercut a 100k item by 1-100gold... Like seriously... I hope many others follow suit and the ones that already do this. Kudos to you.

Energizeric
01-04-2013, 01:03 AM
i made a thread like this one but i now started undercutting by 1 e.g lowest 100,000 i put 99,999 that way buyer more likly.to buy mine

Nah, in this situation buyer is more likely to buy neither and just wait for a better price. No penalty in waiting here since if someone buys yours the other one for 1 gold more is still for sale. People usually only buy when they think they are getting the best deal possible. If two are the same price, then why buy now? Might as well wait and hope for a better price. Maybe the next seller lists for 90k.

BodMaster
01-04-2013, 04:14 PM
I undercut by 1k-20k depending on the price of item. If some one undercuts some one by 1 gold or 1k on a high priced item I (I know many others do this to) I buy the one slightly more expensive. I just don't like the jerks who undercut a 100k item by 1-100gold... Like seriously... I hope many others follow suit and the ones that already do this. Kudos to you.

Ditto, always have done since PL.

mankarr
01-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Undercutting prices has been around since the first mmorpg. Wont ever go away. We just have to deal with it.

Delirium
01-04-2013, 11:55 PM
I just don't like the jerks who undercut a 100k item by 1-100gold... Like seriously... I hope many others follow suit and the ones that already do this. Kudos to you.

Haha.. I do this.

grunt226
01-07-2013, 01:36 AM
Undercutting prices has been around since the first mmorpg. Wont ever go away. We just have to deal with it.

Yea, but of all mmos I've played, (which to my embarrassment is a lot) no other game have I seen multiple people consistently undercutting by 20-50%.

Seriously, this is the best gear obtainable and some of it is going for a few hundred k now thanks to idiotic sellers... all it does its create uncertainty for sellers and buyers... the sellers don't want to sell an item that should be a mil, for a couple hundred k and buyers are expecting top level gear to be as cheap as dirt, and when prices are where they are suppose to be they are afraid to spend gold on something that may depreciate in value by 50% overnight... this folks is what can cause an economy to crash, sellers not selling and buyers not buying... there use to be incentive to farm those chests and gear for the hope of getting those few pieces of loot that can get you a nice fortune... now your lucky if you can sell any item for 700k. The only hopes to make any substantial amount of gold in this game now, is to wait for level cap increase and then grind your butt off and sell it while it's hot, stack your gold and then buy that gear you sold a few weeks ago for a quarter of the price... the depreciation rate for gear in this game is staggering and UN precedented.

EldestCollection
01-07-2013, 04:25 AM
Amen.
Haha so true that seems to be the ONLY way to make money now. Hi spiderpig.

Aeoros
01-07-2013, 05:06 AM
Don't blame the sellers, blame the ability to buy more gold than u can make through natural means. Most of the gold in the economy is bought using plat, leads to problems like this...
All we can do is take advantage of the ppl buying...

Edit: if you think items should stay at the same price, you're way off the mark. More and more people are farming the same items. There are a limited amount of people hitting the cap.

KillaSkillz
01-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Well, if I get an item that scraps for 6-7 gold from farming, I don't really care what I sell it for if I don't want of need it. Of course I would like to get the most for it that I can. But I also have 1 auction slot, 25 character slots and 5 storage slots. I need that stuff sold and out as quickly as possible, and I really dont care to make the 750k for a farmed item. 1-2-400k is fine if I can free up the inventory slot and make more than scrap value and listing fees back .

And at least for warrior, the winter wonderland armor L21 is just a hair worse than demonlord.
Even if there was pvp, I wouldn't be spending 500k+ more for an armor that's 1-2 extra points of strength and .5 extra damage.
i'd much rather sell it and play with the winter armor, and since I don't have a ton of storage or AH slots, pricing high means not making golds and filling up with stuff I need to get rid of but can't quickly.

spiderpig
01-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Amen.
Haha so true that seems to be the ONLY way to make money now. Hi spiderpig.

hi eldest!

nice of you to pass by :))

nicoB
01-07-2013, 10:15 AM
theres nothing wrong with undercutting. i love it lol. if someone puts an item up for 800k and it gets undercutted to 550k you wont see me complaining lol. and if someone undercuts you just wait untill theres gets bought and yours will be the lowest again or you can cancel the sale and relist the item for a lower price. wen im dealing with anything that cost 0ver 200k i sell i dont even put it in the CS. but undercutting is fun because i know i just PO'ed someone lol

nicoB
01-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Yea, but of all mmos I've played, (which to my embarrassment is a lot) no other game have I seen multiple people consistently undercutting by 20-50%.

Seriously, this is the best gear obtainable and some of it is going for a few hundred k now thanks to idiotic sellers... all it does its create uncertainty for sellers and buyers... the sellers don't want to sell an item that should be a mil, for a couple hundred k and buyers are expecting top level gear to be as cheap as dirt, and when prices are where they are suppose to be they are afraid to spend gold on something that may depreciate in value by 50% overnight... this folks is what can cause an economy to crash, sellers not selling and buyers not buying... there use to be incentive to farm those chests and gear for the hope of getting those few pieces of loot that can get you a nice fortune... now your lucky if you can sell any item for 700k. The only hopes to make any substantial amount of gold in this game now, is to wait for level cap increase and then grind your butt off and sell it while it's hot, stack your gold and then buy that gear you sold a few weeks ago for a quarter of the price... the depreciation rate for gear in this game is staggering and UN precedented.

the item shouldnt be a mil in the first place. thats called inflation my friend. the best gear in the game isnt that hard to get anway lol you just have to farm. AL imo is the easiest to get the best gear in of all sts titles. only items that are litteraly owned by like 20 peopl in the game imo should be over a mil. like in SL the best vanities are nearly impossible to find. you need 100% reroll elix and a alot of farming

Xgame
01-10-2013, 08:32 PM
You guys are discussing items that have artificially inflated prices. If someone undercuts you and the price of your items is legitimate, then someone will quickly snatch up the lower priced item and soon after yours will be the lowest again. If people continue to undercut eachother then it means the price was artificially inflated anyway. Eventually prices settle to the real value of an item.

Try selling a colton egg for 500k and see if someone undercuts you. Yours will be gone in a second and nobody is going to undercut you.

Unfortunately, when there are more items available than buyers who want them, prices drop. That's why prices drop after a new campaign has been around a while. Many people have gotten their gear already so not as many potential buyers still around, or those who are around are not willing to pay the high prices. So prices drop to the point that people are willing to pay. lol I don't understand the discussion here. This post summed it up.